Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My past Keeshonden

clm
September 2nd, 2007, 10:08 PM
Hubby found a pic of our first dog Freddie today. I thought I'd post pics of my past Kees, first is Freddie, then Yogi. I still miss them both terribly but remember so many wonderful things about them both.

Cindy

hazelrunpack
September 2nd, 2007, 10:14 PM
Oooooo...I just wanna sink my hands into their fur! :lovestruck: The background behind Freddie is just the perfect setting for him! :thumbs up

Frenchy
September 2nd, 2007, 10:24 PM
They were both beautiful ! Only one word comes to mind when I saw them (and when I see the puppies) = fluffyness :cloud9:

mummummum
September 2nd, 2007, 10:38 PM
They are delightful CLM ~ such happy little spirits :lovestruck:

Lukka'sma
September 2nd, 2007, 11:42 PM
They sure were good looking doggies.

growler~GateKeeper
September 2nd, 2007, 11:51 PM
so sweet warm fluffy Kees :cloud9:

chico2
September 3rd, 2007, 08:28 AM
The first thing that comes to my mind is GROOMING:dog: but they were beautiful pups:lovestruck:

clm
September 3rd, 2007, 05:14 PM
Thanks everyone. They were both furry beasties. No wonder they loved winter so so much.
Yes Chico2, grooming is key with this breed for sure. Daily brushing is routine here. Try getting burrs out of those coats, every dog we've had manages to get some every year :laughing: .

Cindy

Frenchy
September 3rd, 2007, 09:39 PM
Try getting burrs out of those coats,
Cindy

:eek: or find ticks !

rainbow
September 4th, 2007, 01:27 AM
I hope you have Freddies pic framed. :cloud9: They were both gorgeous. :lovestruck:

TeriM
September 4th, 2007, 03:11 AM
They were gorgeous dogs :lovestruck: .

clm
September 5th, 2007, 09:36 AM
:eek: or find ticks !

:laughing: :laughing: You should see the vet trying to get through their coats looking for fleas :laughing: :laughing: Of course he wants to find them so he can sell me some stuff to get rid of them, but he's never been able to find a flea yet :laughing:

You should try putting that heartworm medication on the back of the neck too....gotta get down to the skin to apply it. :eek:

I've never seen a tick, so I wouldn't know what they were even if I saw one. Are they a problem in the city, or just a problem for you country folks.

Cindy

breeze
September 5th, 2007, 11:36 AM
they are 2 beautiful looking doggies,

do they shed alot?? or is it less considering you groom them everyday??

clm
September 5th, 2007, 09:18 PM
They blow their undercoats every couple of years. Comes out in rake fulls or handfulls. Otherwise shedding isn't a problem at all. No doggy odor with this breed either. :thumbs up

Cindy