Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

heart murmer

joelle1231
September 2nd, 2007, 07:48 AM
hello Guys Im New At This I Have A Cat Named Gizmo Cutest Thing Eva .i Was Just Wondering If Anyone Can Tell Me Abouta Heart Murmer Because Aparently Thats Wut The Lil Guy Has And Hes Only7months Old . I Tryed To Get Him Fixed B4 He Starts To Spary But My Vet Sed Not Untill I Do An Echo Gram

Please Helpppp [/u][/u]

~michelle~
September 2nd, 2007, 10:00 AM
i would do the echo gram if the vet suggest it.

My dog (braxton) has a heart murmur but it is very mild and doesn't effect him, there are different levels of heart murmur but its good to keep an eye on them and have them checked to monitor for congestive heart failure.

Frenchy
September 2nd, 2007, 10:30 AM
Michelle is right , it depends on the heart murmur grade. Some dogs can have very normal lives.

sugarcatmom
September 2nd, 2007, 11:30 AM
Echocardiograms are expensive, but it's the best way to determine what exactly is causing your cat's heart murmur and what, if anything, you need to do about it. If money is really really tight, a simple x-ray of the heart can sometimes give you a bit of info, but if it were my cat (and mine actually does have heart issues so I've been through this recently) I would want to know more precisely what was going on before he went under anesthesia.