Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

can't find a diagnosis

heathmarie
September 1st, 2007, 05:07 PM
I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what my boxer is suffering from. He is 4 years old. He is currently under vet care, however they are stumped and cannot figure out what he has. We rescued him and he was very unweight and dehydrated. He would also not eat hard food. We got him up to weight and have him eating hard food, however his back legs have become paralyed 2 times and both times when he was given prednisone he became fine. In the beginning he was also experiencing back leg problems, loss of appetite, depression and sometimes shaking. They thought he had Addisons disease, but the test came back negative. The most recent bloodwork showed low white count blood cells and they thought he had lymphoma, but that test has also come back negative. He currently is on prednisone and has no symptoms, any thoughts.

SnowDancer
September 1st, 2007, 06:22 PM
What did an X-Ray/MRI of your pup's back show?

punkyamberlea
September 1st, 2007, 08:16 PM
could be something neurological. Or something that happened in the past that was never taken care of. I would have an xray taken or even an MRI. Hope the little one gets better soon. Amber

SnowDancer
September 2nd, 2007, 10:32 AM
Has your boxer been checked for Wobblers?