Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Advice on rescue management software???

Scurry
September 1st, 2007, 01:37 PM
Hi, all.

I work with a medium sized pit bull rescue in Virginia and am inquiring to find out what software packages folks are using for their rescues and/or shelters. Right now, we use Pet Point and I find it to be extremely cumbersome and poorly made. We're also looking to do other things with the software.

Here's a list of what we would like to do. Understand that I know most packages will not meet all of these, but many is good. We're looking for something cheap or free, too (of course)...

(1) Maintain animal medical records
(2) Maintain volunteer, foster and adopter records
(3) Maintain a volunteer calendar
(4) Allow different levels of access
(5) Allow for a bulletin board

Can anyone recommend software that they use that is easy to use and achieves some of these goals?

Thanks!

CyberKitten
September 1st, 2007, 01:58 PM
Have you tried Animals Shelter Manager? It's free and based on sql - database language essentially. It as rave reviews from people I know who use it.

It can be downloaded here:

http://sheltermanager.sourceforge.net/home.php

Or, if you know sql or any database language (I suppose I can break down and say even Access which is software and NOT a language per se), you could always create your own but this one has much of what you want. The thing with using your own is that you can customise it.