Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog having nose bleeds

mooner and boom
September 1st, 2007, 01:56 AM
my dog is a 17 year old husky sheppard cross. lately she is having nose bleeds after or while eating, they stop bleeding but return once in a while. is this an age thing? is there any thing i can do to stop or help?
if it seemed uncontroled i would call a vet but at this point vet care is not an emergency proirity. please help, what could it be?

growler~GateKeeper
September 1st, 2007, 01:58 AM
IMO this is a veterinary priorority situation, I have never heard of nose bleeds being common because of age - it is usually is a sign of something

many things can cause bleeding ie cancer esp considering the age of the dog

breeze
September 1st, 2007, 02:11 AM
IMO this is a veterinary priorority situation, I have never heard of nose bleeds being common because of age - it is usually is a sign of something

many things can cause bleeding ie cancer esp considering the age of the dog

I second that..... please bring your dog to the vet as soon as possible

shredy
September 1st, 2007, 10:09 PM
Hi, I think you should definitely take her to the vet to get a check up. My experience with nose bleeds is that my Shade who passed away from cancer this month had a nose bleed the morning before she died. It was controlled and stopped on its own with very little blood loss. I am not saying it is definitely cancer, but it is a BIG CONCERN especially with her age. I wish you the best of luck. :fingerscr