Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my cat has a bad cold

animal_lover28
September 1st, 2007, 12:45 AM
Hi my cat scruffy who is 3 months old has a bad cold i resuded him. he was found in the middle of the road by my nabour he was under weight had his eyes shut from discharge coming out off his eyes and nose and was almost dead. well i took him to the vet and he was put on antiboyotics dewormed and had cream for his eyes and he got better. But now its come back and i dont have the money to take him to the vet again. he has discharge that has blood in it coming out his nose and eyes. hes sneezing all the time and coughing too. He fells warm to the touch but he still play full he was not playfull when i got him i had to hand feed him. he eats and drinks well now. it seems as though he is stuffed up i was wondering if i got the baby nose spray if that would help clear him up i have done the shower thing but im worried it gets hot in the bathroom and wondered if that was bad for him since he has a fever. if there is any home remadies that might work or if i can get the antiboyotics without spending 20 dollars for the vet just to look at him i will do that sorry for the long note I just wanted to get everything down so I would get the most help.

Thanks Denise

breeze
September 1st, 2007, 01:06 AM
IMO with your kitty being only 3 months old I would find the money and take him to the vet.

growler~GateKeeper
September 1st, 2007, 01:20 AM
he has discharge that has blood in it coming out his nose and eyes. hes sneezing all the time and coughing too

Take the kitten to the vet, it needs to see a doctor

it seems as though he is stuffed up i was wondering if i got the baby nose spray if that would help clear him up

baby nose spray?? that is human medicine - it could KILL your kitten, never self medicate with human medicine unless under supervision & direct advise of you vet

krdahmer
September 1st, 2007, 01:33 PM
NO BABY NOSE SPRAY.... never ever use human medication unless directed to do so by a vet! It could make him worse or kill him!

Try to find a way to see a vet, borrow if you have to, try contacting a rescue in your area to see if they can help. Some vets will take payments. All those symptoms seem serious and he needs to see a vet and get help as soon as possible.

Where in Ontario are you maybe we can help you find a rescue.