Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

g s

heidiho
May 18th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Hopefully Mona will read this,do you think it would be ok if i let my gs get on the couch to lay,not gonna let him in my bed,just dont know with the food issues we are having if i should let him on couch???

mona_b
May 18th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Well Yukon and Tron lay on the couch and sleep with us.Untill we kick them out..LOL...Or when hubby snores then I go on the couch and they sleep on the floor.But they have both tried to come up on the couch while I sleep.I have to kick them off cause there is absalutely no room......LMAO.

See with them I never had to show them who was boss.And to be honest,neither has shown trying to be the alpha.I guess I was very lucky with them.And all the hard training,patience and praise paid off....But I started from day one..... :)

I don't see why not...But are you sure you want him on the couch?You will need to also teach him when he can and cannot be on it..For example when company comes over.Also,if he is allowed on the couch,you will need to teach him to stay off your bed.Which means don't let him on it at all.

Sorry if none of this is making sense...Been popping the Advil liquid Gels....And me gots a bit of a buzz....LOL......Lets just say I hate being a woman right now..... :mad: :mad:

heidiho
May 18th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Yeah,being a woman does suck from time to time,i know..He for sure will not be allowed on bed,i was just thinking maybe i will allow him on couch,yeah your right though then i might just confuse him by letting him on the couch certain times and not others..... :eek: :eek:

heidiho
May 18th, 2004, 04:30 PM
ps,you did get lucky,i wish i didnt have this issue with him,or he would sleep in bed with me,always wanted to have a dog that i could let do that,oh well. he really is an awesome pal,wouldnt trade him for nothing...he is just very strongwilled

mona_b
May 18th, 2004, 04:35 PM
When done right,you won't confuse him. :)

Yukon and Tron both know when it's ok and not ok...And they are ok with that...With me I use the word "hopp".It's German for "up".Then they know they are allowed.Tron was taught German commands.So instead of teaching one in English and the other in German,I decided to teach the commands in German to both..... :D

heidiho
May 18th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Yeah i think i will let him,i will just start teaching when he can and cant,thanks..