Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

LP & Breeze , you owe me !

Frenchy
August 30th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Now girls can you guess what this is ? :frustrated:

Frenchy
August 30th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Oh yes , it started great, Nelly got a Wubba, because her mommy felt pressured into buying the new toy everyone has been talking about , this is what I heard :

Oh it's undestructible, the fabric is very solid ..... :rolleyes:

wdawson
August 30th, 2007, 07:38 PM
HMMMM....the leftovers of a neuter?:D

breeze
August 30th, 2007, 07:41 PM
ok ok Nelly wins the trophie for the best chewer and destroyer ever,

what was the p.o. box again so I can send a donation in memory of the WUBBA

I'm so sorry for Nelly's loss:candle:

at least we know what the insides look like

Frenchy
August 30th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Such a nice feeling between my teeth , I love my new toy ! :evil:

Frenchy
August 30th, 2007, 07:45 PM
40 minutes later :yell:

breeze
August 30th, 2007, 07:45 PM
I really thought it was a kong!! it looks like a kong and feels like a kong,,
but I guess looks can be decieving

Frenchy
August 30th, 2007, 07:51 PM
So this is the inside of a $13 Wubba, 2 crappy balls , both of them died after 10 minutes :frustrated: annnnndd , while this was going on , Bailey had Nelly's Kong , he was cleaning the peanut butter left over. I check up on him and this is what I found (see second pic) this is the second Kong that dies by the teeth of goldens :rip: So you guys can call the humane society on me cuz I am NEVER buying any toys again :rolleyes:

breeze
August 30th, 2007, 07:53 PM
I thought Bailey did not like kong or he never played with them any more????

do you have another one for Nelly while she is in her crate????

Frenchy
August 30th, 2007, 07:54 PM
I'm so sorry for Nelly's loss:candle:

Oh please , can't you see she doesn't care ! She kills all the toys ! :yell: What about me ? It's my money ! :cry:

breeze
August 30th, 2007, 07:55 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :sorry:

Frenchy
August 30th, 2007, 07:56 PM
I thought Bailey did not like kong or he never played with them any more????

do you have another one for Nelly while she is in her crate????

Yes Bailey, only if there peanut butter in it , and no , I now have 2x 3/4 Kongs. :sad: I did buy a second cuz today. I know I will have to amputate the feeth soon ....

Frenchy
August 30th, 2007, 07:57 PM
I really thought it was a kong!! it looks like a kong and feels like a kong,,

I tought so too ! I did get their website and will send them the pics :laughing: I'm not expecting anything from them , but I want them to know.

breeze
August 30th, 2007, 07:59 PM
I bought a cat cuz and a dog cuz and I removed the feet as soon as I got them this way I don't have to preform surgery later :D

hazelrunpack
August 30th, 2007, 08:00 PM
The Pack is in awe of Nelly and Bailey!

:dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

They're cheering them on---"rooorowffff chewwwwrrrrowfff yap yap"

I think that means "You go, Nelly and Bailey! Chew those toys up!" :D

Okay, so hazel will scratch Wubba's off the list--tennis balls won't last five minutes here, either! :p

poodletalk
August 30th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I love Nelly's markings, she looks like a tiger!

I think she would look good on a T-shirt too!

Frenchy
August 30th, 2007, 08:12 PM
I think she would look good on a T-shirt too!

:offtopic: funny story , my bro takes pics of my dogs and fosters when he comes to my place. For x-mas he gave me a t-shirt with the pic of a golden on it , thinking he made it with Daisy's (:rip: ) picture. But it was Molly1 (not Otter's Molly , another one) picture ! He felt so bad, but I was glad anyway. It's a very nice gesture.

Frenchy
August 30th, 2007, 08:14 PM
The Pack is in awe of Nelly and Bailey!

You mean the pack are more .... careful with their toys ? If so , I trade you 2 goldens and a dane for 8 setters :laughing:

Just kidding , I love my toy killer dogs. :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
August 30th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Frenchy, they also wanted to know what's inside the toys :D The only toys Cally had were tennis balls & a red Kong - never destroyed the kong but chewed the tennis balls in half after stripping the covering off :D

Nelly looked so cute destroying the wubba :cloud9:

TeriM
August 30th, 2007, 08:24 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just like Riley would do :frustrated: .

hazelrunpack
August 30th, 2007, 08:28 PM
You mean the pack are more .... careful with their toys ?

No...I think their jaws are just weaker. They're Kong-Destroyer-Wannabes! :laughing:

Frenchy
August 30th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Nelly looked so cute destroying the wubba :cloud9:

She would look even cuter to me destroying a $1 tennis ball ! :D

JanM
August 30th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Poor, poor Nelly - all she did was play with her lovely new toy.... No more toys for anyone, eh? Tee hee - why do I think that won't last????

Frenchy
August 30th, 2007, 09:13 PM
No more toys for anyone, eh? Tee hee - why do I think that won't last????

Cuz mom needs new sneakers $$$ :laughing: And why do you ask ? Because Nelly (yes Nelly again) ate one of the old ones , good thing for Nelly she's so darn cute ! :lovestruck:

luckypenny
August 30th, 2007, 09:16 PM
:laughing: :laughing: ROFLMAO http://bestsmileys.com/lol/15.gif

Look. It was worth every penny. She had a blast, didn't she?

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the photo was of and what on earth it had to do with Breeze and I :laughing: . Too funny. I thought it was a squeaky Kong hidden inside as well :shrug: .

Frenchy
August 30th, 2007, 09:19 PM
I'm glad you guys are getting a good laugh out of it :frustrated:

:D

I was so sad ! Not because of the money , but she loved it soooo much :sad:

luckypenny
August 30th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Oh, we'll find her another toy to play with :D .

Frenchy
August 30th, 2007, 09:25 PM
Oh, we'll find her another toy to play with :D .

Please send donation to ..... :D I keep looking at the pics , she does looks so darn cute destroying it. She didn't even want to come inside to eat ! I had to show her the food bowl , when she finished , she ask to go out again to play with the Wubba , didn't even wait for her dessert ! (banana)

otter
August 30th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Molly is willing to donate her Wubba! (I know money would be better...)
She's boycotting current Wubba and holding out for the new ones that FLOAT. What good are toys that you can't play with in the water?? and Molly killed the tennis ball part in about the same time it took Nelly to rip it out, only Molly killed the tennis ball (it's in two pieces now) without any damage to the outer cloth, no idea how but it's done.

Now I know where Molly's toy killer tendencies were learned.

Nelly is looking soooooooooo goood, what a beauty!

Frenchy
August 30th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Does Molly still has her Cuz ? That she can't destroy ? Probably not , because mine is still alive , handicap but alive :laughing: and we have a brand new one too now. I remember Molly used to bring it everywhere with her (even at the vet :laughing: )

otter
August 30th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Yes, Cuz lives on...in multiples now. We have the original from you, the back up we got in case she lost the one from you, then we discovered the smaller version which has become the long time favourite along with another orange ball. I like Cuz because his feet don't get too slimy and I can usually pick it up by the feet for our never ending fetch sessions. All feet, horns, etc. in tact, not a scratch on them, even the squeekers still squeeking! :eek: Cuz floats too!:thumbs up
Molly's toy destroying skills are limited to stuffies :D

otter
August 30th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Currently, Cuz's greatest threat...

Floating out to sea:eek:

As Molly goes in search of who knows what???

growler~GateKeeper
August 30th, 2007, 10:44 PM
awww Molly we need to see more of you, cutie pie :lovestruck:

mummummum
August 30th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Well if it's any consolation Frenchy, NOBODY in my house is the least bit interested in the Cuz I bought so not only was it a waste of money, it's taking up space until I can get it down to THS. I have a basket full of unwanted toys. :sad:

chico2
August 31st, 2007, 07:28 AM
Awww Nelly,Nelly..mom needs new sneakers:laughing: hope she gave you the second one too..
When I go to my pet-supply store,I often look at the millions of doggie-toys,the prices,WOW!!
Especially for anything Kong-related and they might last only 5 min(with Nelly)and all those stuffies,how do they survive any dog???

jessi76
August 31st, 2007, 07:51 AM
omg, that's too funny! Tucker does the same thing - he's on his THIRD black kong! I did find one toy (kong-like) that he has NOT destroyed as of yet... it's actually very durable (and when I say durable, I mean it! Tucker can kill a CUZ in a matter of minutes)

The squirrel dude (the largest one) has survived, unharmed. here's a link if you do decide to buy anymore toys (although, I can see why you'd be hesitant!)

http://www.busybuddytoys.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=11

Frenchy
August 31st, 2007, 11:42 AM
As Molly goes in search of who knows what???

She's looking for frogs and little fishies ! (Daisy use to do that)

Frenchy
August 31st, 2007, 11:44 AM
http://www.busybuddytoys.com/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=11

And they are stronger than Cuz ?

I may take a big rock, paint some eyes and a mouth and give it to the dogs as their new toys.... :rolleyes:

rainbow
September 2nd, 2007, 01:01 AM
WOW.....I've never seen a black kong destroyed before. :eek: And, it seems so much more durable than the cuz. :shrug:

Frenchy
September 2nd, 2007, 09:46 AM
WOW.....I've never seen a black kong destroyed before. :eek: And, it seems so much more durable than the cuz. :shrug:

I went to the store yesterday to get another Kong, bigger one ! The owner told me the company doesn't warranty them against destruction anymore so I guess I'm not the only one that had their Kongs decapitated :dog:

TMac
September 2nd, 2007, 10:00 AM
I went to the store yesterday to get another Kong, bigger one ! The owner told me the company doesn't warranty them against destruction anymore so I guess I'm not the only one that had their Kongs decapitated :dog:

OMG Frenchy, I was also shocked to see the destroyed black Kong!!! Your dogs must have vice grips for jaws! :eek:

Toby's red Kong has lasted so far. Anything hard rubber with nothing sticking out on it generally lasts around here. But if it has appendages (like the feet on the Cuz) or is in any way plush or thin rubber or plastic...its gone in minutes. The tennis balls take him a little while to chew the fuzz off them, but they're not very expensive and he looooooooves them so much I can't help but support his tennis ball addiction.

Sadly, I recently bought the Wubba before reading this thread! I'm saving it to give Toby something fun for when the baby arrives...I'll let you know if it survives or not! :laughing:

clm
September 2nd, 2007, 11:04 AM
Frenchy, you should see if your dogs can be the quality control tester dogs for kongs, wubbas, cuz, etc :laughing: Seriously, I would send some e:mails off to the makers of those toys along with some pictures. Maybe they'll send you some freebies. :shrug:

Cindy

rainbow
September 4th, 2007, 01:00 AM
They have a contest right now for Wubba stories.....I think you should send them yours. :D

Frenchy
September 4th, 2007, 11:22 AM
They have a contest right now for Wubba stories.....I think you should send them yours. :D

You bet ! I kept the package with the website # and will send pics :D

rainbow
September 4th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Let us know what they say. I hope you get a box of freebies. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Jim Hall
October 18th, 2007, 08:57 AM
So this is the inside of a $13 Wubba, 2 crappy balls , both of them died after 10 minutes :frustrated: annnnndd , while this was going on , Bailey had Nelly's Kong , he was cleaning the peanut butter left over. I check up on him and this is what I found (see second pic) this is the second Kong that dies by the teeth of goldens :rip: So you guys can call the humane society on me cuz I am NEVER buying any toys again :rolleyes:

lol hey atleast you know there's nothing wring with thier teeth

luckypenny
October 18th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Here are two new favorites of ours that I'm sure Nelly would love to try. Watch out :eek: with the one on the left as Penny ends up whipping everyone about when she gets a hold of it :D . The one on the right is made with fire hose and is supposed to stand up to big time chewers :rolleyes: . "Nelly-girrrrl....want a new toy?"

breeze
October 18th, 2007, 11:11 AM
they are not stong enough... Bree went the fire hose within an hour !!!!!
and the rope on was ripped to shed in no time flat.... not good for big time chewers

Frenchy
October 18th, 2007, 11:12 AM
is supposed to stand up to big time chewers :rolleyes: .

Yeeeeesss , riiiight ! :rolleyes: I think I will e-mail the company to see if they want to test the toy durability by giving one to Nelly. :lightbulb:

Frenchy
October 18th, 2007, 11:12 AM
they are not stong enough... Bree went the fire hose within an hour !!!!!
and the rope on was ripped to shed in no time flat.... not good for big time chewers

Et voila ! I rest my case ....

luckypenny
October 18th, 2007, 11:19 AM
What a shame :sad: . What can they play with? The only thing that doesn't hold up well here, thanks to Lucky and Ava, are stuffies.

Oh, and Frenchy, your 'rock' idea is actually a good one. Penny has her pet rock that she throws up in the air and rolls around on in the yard. She often tries to sneak it in the house too :D but gets caught when she starts playing "one doggie volleyrock" and it keeps hitting the floor. Guess she needs to brush up on her volley skills.

Frenchy
October 18th, 2007, 11:25 AM
A pet rock ? :thumbs up Can't be too small tough because Sam will eat it ! :eek:

Oh and you asked this ; What can they play with ...

That's why I adopted 2 cats :laughing: don't worry people , the cats are ruling the house !

luckypenny
October 18th, 2007, 11:28 AM
...Oh and you asked this ; What can they play with ...

That's why I adopted 2 cats :laughing: ...

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Alright, something else that probably wouldn't hold up here very well either.

breeze
October 18th, 2007, 11:30 AM
LP you asked what she can play with??

nothing I don't let her play at all.. she is only allowed to sit there and sleep..:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Frenchy
October 18th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Oh ! I bought 2 small pumpkins and one is on the window ledge in my dining room , sometimes I find it on the floor with Nelly beside it :rolleyes: I guess she thinks it's a jumbo Cuz :p funny thing is , she is not the one who makes it fell down the ledge .... probably Paddy :D

luckypenny
October 18th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Wellll, there's always these two. The one on the left is a dental Kong. In a bowl, I blend unsalted cottage cheese and an egg, stuff the Kong, and freeze it before giving it to the dogs. Keeps them busy for hours. The ball can be filled with kibble. Lots of fun, especially if you have stairs. Penny drops it from the landing and runs down, eating any treats that may have fallen out. Brings it upstairs again and starts all over.

Ford Girl
October 18th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Poor Frenchy - house full of power chewers!!! Tennis balls don't last 5 minutes at my house, but stuffies do. Dazy's scared of the wubba squeak - so chicken!! I brought one home and she ran away from it?? My mother in law just got her 2 cuz's, one with feet, and one that's a "cuz of a cuz" - no feet but horns. 2 weeks, still in tack. :thumbs up She's scared of the cuz's cuz, cuz it blows air out when you squeeze it, she shows her teeth to it..and runs!! Cracks me up!

Where would you like donation sent? :laughing: Dazy feels really bad for those poor deprived dogs of yours...she's ready to send donations and slobber covered toys to them so they don't have to spend the rest of their boring lives without toys! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ford Girl
October 18th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Oh, and Frenchy, your 'rock' idea is actually a good one. Penny has her pet rock that she throws up in the air and rolls around on in the yard. She often tries to sneak it in the house too :D but gets caught when she starts playing "one doggie volleyrock" and it keeps hitting the floor. Guess she needs to brush up on her volley skills.

Dazy too, too funny, sneaking in rock, or leafs, or yucky dirty tennis balls, and you can always tell when they have some thing they shouldn't, they play with it in a different way...throw it around, catch it, tail and back to you...

Dazy plays this game with socks too. :)

rainbow
October 18th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Oh ! I bought 2 small pumpkins and one is on the window ledge in my dining room , sometimes I find it on the floor with Nelly beside it :rolleyes: I guess she thinks it's a jumbo Cuz :p funny thing is , she is not the one who makes it fell down the ledge .... probably Paddy :D

Pics pleeeeze. :D

Frenchy
October 18th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Where would you like donation sent? :laughing: Dazy feels really bad for those poor deprived dogs of yours...

I am denying them toys for the rest of their lives :evil: Just kidding. We do have 2 Cuz , had to amputated the feeth , 1 intact very large Kong and 2 3/4 Kongs :laughing: Sam and Bailey don't really play with toys. Sam likes the cats toys , so I have to supervise as they are too small for his big mouth . Bailey only likes tennis balls , destroyed them in 5 minutes. At least Nelly and foster Ben are playing with the Cuz and Kongs. :shrug:

Frenchy
October 18th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Pics pleeeeze. :D

I'll try but it won't be easy, it always happens when I'm getting ready to go to work.

Smiley14
October 18th, 2007, 08:30 PM
OMG Frenchy! :laughing: The only reason I'm laughing is because that exact same thing just happened to me! I picked up the green water wubba after training class on Sat and it was destroyed by both of them within 20 minutes. :yell: They played tug and then Petey decided to just rip that top ball right off. Then Belle chewed the tennis ball one into a milloin pieces and it's black inside, so black pieces all over the floor and then green material strewn all around and then Petey brought me the bigger plastic ball to play fetch with. :rolleyes:

Frenchy
October 18th, 2007, 08:34 PM
then Petey brought me the bigger plastic ball to play fetch with. :rolleyes:

And that ball is still alive ? :confused: So Belle is getting into it too :laughing: Big brother Petey is a baaaaad influence ! :cloud9:

Smiley14
October 19th, 2007, 02:34 AM
And that ball is still alive ? :confused: So Belle is getting into it too :laughing: Big brother Petey is a baaaaad influence ! :cloud9:

:laughing: Yep! For some reason, that ball was left alone. Maybe a souvenir? :laughing: And LOL, yes, Petey has taught Belle all about ripping toys open. :rolleyes: