Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Money Hound

Misery's company
August 30th, 2007, 03:51 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2007/08/29/helmsley.html

What are your opinions on this? I wish she had made some provisions to help nearby shelters at least...

ancientgirl
August 30th, 2007, 03:59 PM
I saw this yesterday. I agree. I mean its great she's left her pet money to be cared for lavishly, but I don't think he's going to go through $12 million dollars. A lot of that money could have gone to shelters. But there may be something in her will that states when her puppy dies the remaining money be used to help unwanted animals.

mummummum
August 30th, 2007, 07:30 PM
The "Queen of Mean" reigns on... :rolleyes:

wdawson
August 30th, 2007, 07:38 PM
is this dog up for adoption?......oh me oh me....i'm over here....:laughing:

Jim Hall
August 30th, 2007, 09:56 PM
lmao i woldnt mind being the admon for that trust

ok heres what i would do

the vet says poochie needs a vacation soo we are off to cancun for the month see ya

oh amd when we get back poocnie says she wants a super big screen tv

Shaykeija
August 31st, 2007, 02:53 AM
Well I do not have millions but since we have no kids, our will states that our home and contents be sold. Money from that goes into a trust fund for all surviving pets we have for their care and vet bills. Upon their natural deaths, the trust fund will be turned over to a specified small dog rescue. Why not leave it family you may ask. They all pee'd me off when I had a stroke. My niece and nephew actually post it stickered my stuff they wanted, if I did not live. I was livid when I found post its months later on the backs of collectibles and furniture. Besides, I like my pets more than my family. (and most people ):laughing: