Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Riley's Oregon Camping Vacation

TeriM
August 30th, 2007, 01:40 AM
We have recently returned from our two week summer camping holiday to Oregon. Unfortunately Lucy went to stay with Gramma :sad: but Riley came with us :) . So here are some shots from the trip.

First stop was around Mount Hood.

First shot is hiking on Mt Hood through a ravine

Same trail but further along into the meadows

the campground where we stayed, that is Mt Hood in the background

TeriM
August 30th, 2007, 01:43 AM
Next stop was the Bend area (central oregon). Swimming in the Deschutes river which was next to the campground.

Then down to Crater Lake where we did a bit of hiking.

and then over to the coast near the Sand Dunes (Florence). This was our campsite.

TeriM
August 30th, 2007, 01:46 AM
The cuz came camping with us :D .

On the beaches after hiking past the sand dunes. We had the beach almost entirely to ourselves for the three days we went there :cloud9: .

Misery's company
August 30th, 2007, 01:48 AM
Wow, he's beautiful!! I love the thrid pic!! Great job!

TeriM
August 30th, 2007, 01:50 AM
Last ones :o . These were from the beach at our next stop which is further north up the coast (Pacific City). Once again there was hardly anyone on the beaches except in one small area and dogs had full beach access :thumbs up .

Riley is asking to stay on holidays forever :D (the sand followed us home ... it is everywhere :eek: ).

and of course the Baywatch shot :lovestruck: .

TeriM
August 30th, 2007, 01:51 AM
Wow, he's beautiful!! I love the thrid pic!! Great job!

growler~GateKeeper
August 30th, 2007, 02:51 AM
:lovestruck: looks like Riley had the time of his life :lovestruck: "Can we stay forever mum??!!??"

I'm sure Lucy enjoyed her vacation w/grandma as well - now we need Lcuy pics :cloud9:

TeriM
August 30th, 2007, 03:16 AM
Yep Riley had a great time. Unfortunately he developed a bad ear infection early in the trip so of course there was no vet for about 2.0 hours away so I just kept it as clean as I could and we got to a vet two days later (needed to stop at 5 different ones before we finally got a doctor in :frustrated: ).

At the same time as the ear infection he also freaked the crap out of me one day because we came home from a long hike/swim around the lake and a few hours later he didn't want to move, he was all really sore :eek: . The next morning he was a bit better but we were definately heading to the vet. Of course we finally get in to see the vet and all of a sudden he is moving fine, wagging his tail and trying to play with the doctor. The vet thought that maybe he ate something on his walk that was poking his tummy and making him move funny (he took a poop about a 1/2 hour before the vet so this could be true). I actually think he hurt himself on some log stumps under the water when he was swimming.

Anyway, long story short he got ear drops and we kept him quiet and on leash for a few days just to be careful and he was fine.

growler~GateKeeper
August 30th, 2007, 03:25 AM
Isn't that always the way? Something unwanted always shows up unexpectedly right before/during vacation trips :rolleyes:

luckypenny
August 30th, 2007, 07:16 AM
I saw your other thread first and said, "Hey, no Riley pictures :sad: ?" Then I saw this one, whew! Riley certainly looks like he enjoyed himself. Isn't it awesome watching him in the water?!? What a sexy pup in the Baywatch pic :lovestruck: ! Do you find he's quieter than usual now that you're all home?

breeze
August 30th, 2007, 09:21 AM
what a beautiful place to vacation !!!

loved the beach pictures, such clear water :thumbs up

Frenchy
August 30th, 2007, 12:58 PM
and of course the Baywatch shot :lovestruck: .

:laughing: :laughing: Riley seems to be sooo happy in all the pics ! I love the beach :cloud9:

jiorji
August 30th, 2007, 01:15 PM
awww happy puppy!!:cloud9: and happy Cuz of course:D

mummummum
August 30th, 2007, 01:18 PM
I love the look of absolute GLEE on his face in all the pix. Looks like a fantastic time was had by all! We endured a few swimming-related ear infections in our time ~ have you ever tried putting drops of mineral oil in his ears before swimming? Did the trick for us. Has he overcome the culture-shock of being home yet?

Ford Girl
August 30th, 2007, 02:20 PM
So nice! I love when they can run free and play!!!! :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
August 30th, 2007, 04:56 PM
:laughing: The "Baywatch" shot! :laughing:

Very nice pics, Teri! Looks like lots of fun! :cloud9: Are all the beaches open to dogs in Oregon?

Riley is looking so handsome! :lovestruck: I love his gleaming coat! :D

otter
August 30th, 2007, 06:07 PM
OMG Riley looks sooooo amazing and has to be the happiest doggy:cloud9: . Sounds like an amazing trip (despite the ears and soreness). I hope Riley and Lucy enjoyed swapping stories of their adventures.

TeriM
August 30th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Isn't it awesome watching him in the water?!?
What a sexy pup in the Baywatch pic :lovestruck: ! Do you find he's quieter than usual now that you're all home?

Yep, I love watching the dogs with the water, for me the beaches definately "restore my soul".

Riley has been quieter this week although that is wearing off quickly. The drive home day was reaaaalllly long (12 hours) so he was very quiet the next day but was bouncing pretty good this morning :D .

rainbow
September 2nd, 2007, 02:10 AM
Awesome pics.......Riley was obviously in heaven there. :cloud9: