Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Martini party!

poodletalk
August 29th, 2007, 03:08 PM
I am going to a martini party Friday night, what should I bring to eat? vegetarian dishes would be best; something fast and quick. Since I don't have alot of time to cook!

Any suggestions?

Winston
August 29th, 2007, 05:43 PM
How about a Nacho / Salsa type platter, cheese tray or some veggies and dip. Costco has this great Artichoke, Jalipeno,Asiago Cheese Dip!!!

Mmm just thinking about a chocolate Martini! :laughing:

Cindy

jessi76
August 29th, 2007, 06:49 PM
a platter of assorted olives? sorry, had to suggest it. :rolleyes:

I do think a spinach artichoke dip sounds good, with some toast points.

mummummum
August 29th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Mmmmmmmm... I LOVE a selection of olives. You can get some delish spicy ones. And "drunken" pearl onions. Some marinated artichoke hearts. Spicey Hummus. Smoked gouda. Caraway havarti. Smoked salmon. Black Pepper and Garlic Triscuits. Rosemary & Olive Oil Triscuits ... *insert drooling smilie face here*. OPen jars and packages ~ put on platter: No Muss No Fuss ! :thumbs up

poodletalk
August 29th, 2007, 07:13 PM
All of your ideas are interesting!!!!

I love spinach dip! The only problem is, I don't know how to make it.

Frenchy
August 29th, 2007, 07:13 PM
I am going to a martini party Friday night, what should I bring

Me !!! :D

Oh it's about food :frustrated:

Frenchy
August 29th, 2007, 07:14 PM
I love spinach dip! The only problem is, I don't know how to make it.

Why make it when you can buy it :thumbs up

wdawson
August 29th, 2007, 07:15 PM
not me:laughing:

poodletalk
August 29th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Do you want to come with me Frenchy? It's Friday night downtown at my friends condo. The party starts at 7:30 pm

You can buy spinach dip where?

Frenchy
August 29th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Me ? Downtown ? No thanks :laughing: (but thanks anyway :) )

Spinach dip by La Fontaine Santé (I think that's how it's called) you can get it at any groceries , for sure at Metro. It's with the tzaziki sauce .

poodletalk
August 29th, 2007, 07:21 PM
There's no metro near me, I will go to Provigo on my lunch hour to see if they have any.

You are missing out on a fun evening Frenchy!!

jessi76
August 29th, 2007, 07:23 PM
There are TONS of easy recipes online for spinach dips.

coppperbelle
August 29th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Easy spinach dip

1 package of Knorr Vegetable soup mix
1 container sour cream
1 cup of mayonnaise
3 cut up green onions (shallots)
1 package of chopped spinach thawed and water squeezed out
water chestnuts are optional

You can cut out the center of a round pumpernickel bread, put the dip in the middle and leave the pieces around it to dip or you can buy Pita Chips at Costco to dip with. Both are delicious.

Make it a few hours in advance.

joeysmama
August 29th, 2007, 11:20 PM
I'm on my way to bed. Cooper is crying and running from here to the bed and back again. LOL ! He's very serious about his "night night".

In the morning I'll post a brie recipe that's really easy. It's got brown sugar I think, a little liquer, and fall spices. Cranberries and currants. That sort of thing. And then it's baked until it's all melty.

Or.. you can mix some peach schnapps and brown sugar in a pie plate until it's syrupy. Maybe a little thinner than syrup. And slice an x into the brie or slice the top off completely. Bake until the brie starts to melts.

Serve with crackers.

Oh another one...lol ! (Can you tell that I really really LOVE cocktail parties?:o ) I poke holes in the bottom of cherry tomatoes and let them marinade overnight in a bowl of vodka. You can add a few slices of hot pepper if you like a little "kick".

The next day serve them in a shallow dish, like a pie plate, with vodka on the bottom. Put a toothpick in each one and keep a little plate of coarse salt nearby for dipping just the teensiest tip of the tomato. It's like a Bloody Mary on a stick.

poodletalk
August 30th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Oh another one...lol ! (Can you tell that I really really LOVE cocktail parties? ) I poke holes in the bottom of cherry tomatoes and let them marinade overnight in a bowl of vodka. You can add a few slices of hot pepper if you like a little "kick".

The next day serve them in a shallow dish, like a pie plate, with vodka on the bottom. Put a toothpick in each one and keep a little plate of coarse salt nearby for dipping just the teensiest tip of the tomato. It's like a Bloody Mary on a stick.

Sounds very interesting, I have to try it!

joeysmama
August 30th, 2007, 04:26 PM
The longer they soak the better they are !! :D :thumbs up :D

(And the hot pepper gives them a little more flavor I think.)