Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New pictures of the Dynamic Duo!

ancientgirl
August 29th, 2007, 09:28 AM
I recently realized the reason I can't download any pictures from my camera is because during my move my computer's usb ports were dislodged! So, this morning I brought the camera to work and just downloaded them on my work computer. These are some recent pictures I've taken since my move. My sweeties are growing so much!

This is before the move. Oksana was napping while I packed here.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Vlad%20and%20Oksana/Picture002.jpg

While I was packing, I found this little green basket. LOL, Vlad jumped into it and kept wanting me to carry him around the apartment. He looked so cute just sitting in there watching the floor below him.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Vlad%20and%20Oksana/Picture013.jpg

This is the Little Miss when she cut her leg. That cast lasted all of half a day.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Vlad%20and%20Oksana/Picture017.jpg

Vlad had just woken up here. He's getting ready to pounce on something.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Vlad%20and%20Oksana/Picture026.jpg

Here I managed to get a picture of Oksana sitting still.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Vlad%20and%20Oksana/Picture043.jpg

Vlad trying to get my chicken sandwich.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Vlad%20and%20Oksana/Picture047.jpg

Oksana just a little ways down.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Vlad%20and%20Oksana/Picture052.jpg

Here, Vlad had woken up and noticed Oksana sleeping on the couch. He decided to snuggle next to her.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Vlad%20and%20Oksana/Picture056.jpg

A little bit closer, but a bit unfocused.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/ancientgirl/Vlad%20and%20Oksana/Picture055.jpg

I've got a few more, but these are my favorite. I hope you all liked them.

Love4himies
August 29th, 2007, 09:36 AM
The look so cute, happy and healthy, good job, ancientgirl!:highfive: .

Dracko
August 29th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Sometimes black cats don't take great pictures but that certainly isn't the case there!!!!! I am in love with the last 2 pictures of them cuddling. :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

marko
August 29th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Wow Vlad has gorgeous eyes.

I love the way some cats have those 'googy' eyes in certain shots.

Nice shots!

ancientgirl
August 29th, 2007, 09:47 AM
The look so cute, happy and healthy, good job, ancientgirl!:highfive: .

I really do hope they are happy. I realized yesterday, Vlad purrs very little. I hadn't noticed it before, but he really only purrs in the mornings, when he wakes me and snuggles on top of me. I always wonder if he's truly happy. Oksana is more outgoing and frisky, but he's just kind of somber these days. It's one of the reasons I'm taking him to the vet, just to have him checked over.

ancientgirl
August 29th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Drako, thank you. I try to get them with plenty of light, and the flash helps. They are so hard to get a picture of. LOL, its hard to get them to look like actual kitties and not black splotches!

Marko, Vlad has a very expressive face. I remember when I first saw him I thought he looked almost like a tiny little wolf LOL.

krdahmer
August 29th, 2007, 10:25 AM
I LOVE snuggly pics!!!:lovestruck: Those are two beauties thats for sure!

ANd those stairs are a cat dream.... they almost look like a cat tree~!

ancientgirl
August 29th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Thanks! I really am lucky to have such beautiful kitties.

They love those stairs! They run up and down all the time. It's amazing how two small cats sound like an army battalion!

Love4himies
August 29th, 2007, 11:07 AM
I really do hope they are happy. I realized yesterday, Vlad purrs very little. I hadn't noticed it before, but he really only purrs in the mornings, when he wakes me and snuggles on top of me. I always wonder if he's truly happy. Oksana is more outgoing and frisky, but he's just kind of somber these days. It's one of the reasons I'm taking him to the vet, just to have him checked over.

Oh yes, I think they are very happy so don't worry anymore. A cat that is not happy would not look so healthy and their eyes say "we love life"!!

As for purring, When I was a teenager many years ago, we had a semi-feral cat who decided we were the ones to own him. He was a hunter and a fighter (he was neutered at about 7 months when we were able to get him in the house), but he never purred. We never doubted that he was happy because he always came home to us and he could have survived quite well on his own. He caught a hawk once and could jump 6 feet in the air and get a bird in flight. He was my precious baby and I worried most nights about him :sad: .

We could not keep him inside he would have been miserable.

ancientgirl
August 29th, 2007, 11:17 AM
That eases my mind a little, thank you for sharing that story. Your kitty sounded like a wonderful little guy.:lovestruck:

I just always assumed that cats purr constantly, I know Oksana does regularly. And I'd wondered if maybe Vlad was just not happy. It just goes to show how wonderfully unique pets all are.:)

Jim Hall
August 29th, 2007, 11:23 AM
i get a very low purr out of down under every once in a while

i had a big neuterd tom that purred constantly and so loud you could track him moving around the room at night

its odd too that D U doesnot know how to meow i guess she had no reason too when she is hungry and i bring her her food she vocalisis but its more of a screech
poor girl she had such a tough life before i adopted her she still wont lay on my bed or any thing else she curls up on the carpet , and ignores or moves the pillows or blankets i put down for her

I feel so sorry for her sometimes.

rainbow
August 29th, 2007, 11:34 AM
I love the pic of Vlad in the green basket :lovestruck: and the snuggle pics are so cute. :cloud9: Both of my cats were semi-ferals and neither of them purr very often. :shrug:

ancientgirl
August 29th, 2007, 11:34 AM
i get a very low purr out of down under every once in a while

i had a big neuterd tom that purred constantly and so loud you could track him moving around the room at night

its odd too that D U doesnot know how to meow i guess she had no reason too when she is hungry and i bring her her food she vocalisis but its more of a screech
poor girl she had such a tough life before i adopted her she still wont lay on my bed or any thing else she curls up on the carpet , and ignores or moves the pillows or blankets i put down for her

I feel so sorry for her sometimes.

That breaks my heart Jim. But I'm so happy she has you now! I can't imagine she's going to get over it over night, but you have made such wonderful progress.

Heck, Vlad has been nothing but pampered, and he's rarely one to jump and want to be petted, mainly in the mornings as I'm laying in bed. But I know he loves me, as I know Down Under loves you. You'll see, she's going to really surprise you one of these days!

mummummum
August 29th, 2007, 11:39 AM
They are GORGEOUS ! :lovestruck: You can see them smiling in their sleep in the snuggle picture. Lovely shots !

ancientgirl
August 29th, 2007, 11:40 AM
I love the pic of Vlad in the green basket :lovestruck: and the snuggle pics are so cute. :cloud9: Both of my cats were semi-ferals and neither of them purr very often. :shrug:

And he was so happy to be carried in that basket. I'm going to buy a really sturdy one so I can give him a thrill now and then. LOL.

I'm glad to hear yours are like Vlad too. I was beginning to wonder if there might really be something wrong with him.

ancientgirl
August 29th, 2007, 11:44 AM
They are GORGEOUS ! :lovestruck: You can see them smiling in their sleep in the snuggle picture. Lovely shots !

They really do look like they're smiling when they sleep. I wonder if they know how absolutely spoiled they are.:cloud9:

jiorji
August 29th, 2007, 11:46 AM
awww so cute they are:cloud9:

Frenchy
August 29th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Nice pictures ! I love the ones where the 2 of them are sleeping :cloud9:

krdahmer
August 29th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Thanks! I really am lucky to have such beautiful kitties.

They love those stairs! They run up and down all the time. It's amazing how two small cats sound like an army battalion!

:laughing: :laughing:
My Buddy is such a brute my parents swear he sounds like a horse when he runs!!!

ancientgirl
August 29th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Oh yeah, you'd think they were 700 pound tigers!

krdahmer
August 29th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Then again Buddy IS over 18 lbs.... so maybe he is half tiger!!!:laughing:

dtbmnec
August 29th, 2007, 02:12 PM
LOL we have an open staircase like yours....but underneath that one is the one to the basement (its a full staircase)

My boys LOVE running up and down the open staircase though....they also like falling off it >.<

They do land on their feet.....by way of their head....:rolleyes:

Pawz did it three or four times in rapid succession and Leo's done it several times too....

Somedays I wonder if they really are stupid...lol

Megan

ancientgirl
August 29th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Luckily I have a small bookcase and my computer under the stairs, so they go under the stairs and have that to fall on LOL.

growler~GateKeeper
August 30th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Love the cuddle pics :lovestruck:

all of my cats have loved being carted around in various types of baskets/boxes - great kitty fun :cloud9:

TeriM
August 30th, 2007, 01:27 AM
Great pics, I especially love the snuggle shots :cloud9: .