Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Funny quirks

Bluedrake
August 29th, 2007, 07:03 AM
I'm curious, what are some of your furry pals' funny quirks or silly habits?

I'll start off with my cat:

Her favorite sleeping spot is the inside of my playstation box, in the closet.
She gets on my bedside table and watches me like a hawk when it's breakfast time.
If I'm lying in bed on my side, she'll prop herself up on the side of the bed to look me in the eye and meow for her breakfast, and if I turn on the side, she gets down, walks around the bed and does the same thing on the other side.
She can do that a good ten times in a row. :D

She climbs up my leg when I'm at the computer to get my attention.

Funniest of all: she jumps at least three feet in the air whenever I sneeze, and then gives me the evil eye as only a cat can. :laughing:

What do your pets do?

Jim Hall
August 29th, 2007, 10:04 AM
whenevr i have company she lies under the tv table and gives us the thug look head lowered with her eyes looking up i half expect her to flash a hood sign

Puss'FavPerson
September 7th, 2007, 01:16 PM
She loves to be pet, but she must think we humans are pretty unclean ... after you touch her, she spends a LOT of time grooming that spot!

She likes to sit on top of our lazy boy chair. If you walk by and pat her on the head and then keep on going, the next time you pass she'll punch you with her front paw!

She will not tolerate crumbs in her bowl. You must dump it out and give her fresh kibble.

If we are all busy at various spots in the house (aka. ignoring her), she'll pace up and down the main hall crying like a BABY until someone calls her to them!

She walks on the keys when you're at the computer. My hubby had something of racy content sitting on his clipboard, and he was typing a totally unrelated email to a business acquaintance ... you guessed it. She stepped on "Paste"! Tremendously embarassing (LOL)

lanwhite
September 13th, 2007, 03:39 AM
My cat didn't like a litter box and would wake me up at 5:00 a.m. to go out just about every morning. If I pretended to ignore him, he would jump on my stomach, a 25 pound cat! It was easier to get up and let him out!

lanwhite
September 13th, 2007, 03:44 AM
My little border collie fell head over in heels in love with a next-door neighbor. She could do anything with Lucy that she wanted. One day she decided to teach Lucy how to roll over. She had a little dog called "Mouse", and she told Lucy to watch Mouse. She told Mouse to roll over, and he did. Lucy studied Mouse intently. She told Mouse to roll over again, and both Mouse and Lucy rolled over! And Lucy rolled over and over and over again, just to show her she could! She would never do it for me, though.

lanwhite
September 13th, 2007, 03:52 AM
About the most tender thing I've ever seen was one day we were taking our walk along the nature trail, and we saw twin fawns not more than a day or so old. One of the twins ducked into some bushes to hide, but the other one stood fascinated by us. Lucy went up to the fawn and touched noses with her and gave her a few licks! Mama deer was getting a little frantic watching this from a few feet away, so I told Lucy to come on and we went on our way. Every now and then, I would look back and the fawn was still watching us in awe! How I wished I'd had a camera then!