Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What about a forum on pet-related books...

JanM
August 28th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Does anyone else think this would be beneficial? I have read many pet-related books and would find it helpful to get other titles and authors from those who have read them. I got two books on Recipes for Dogs - and they are both awful... perhaps someone else knows of a better book..

Just a thought.

marko
August 29th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Hmm, that sounds like a decent forum but are enough people interested in it?

Please provide some feedback here and if there is some interest - we can try it out.

Thanks as always!

marko

Winston
August 29th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Jan M thats a great idea.....I posted a dog cookie reciipe book a few months ago....there are some really good recipes in it! I will attach the link below..

The only way I could post it was as a text file...you may be able to copy it into a word document to make it look better but the info is all there!

Enjoy

Cindy

JanM
August 29th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Hmm - only two replies???? Where is everyone? A book forum would, I think, be really helpful for those of us who are book fiends...

Ford Girl
August 29th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Hmm - only two replies???? Where is everyone? A book forum would, I think, be really helpful for those of us who are book fiends...

Yes, I would use it, I am an avid reader and researcher, I am always looking for books to read and info on my critters.

sugarcatmom
August 29th, 2007, 04:09 PM
You've got my vote! :thumbs up

wdawson
August 29th, 2007, 04:19 PM
there is a book forum in the off topic area,also there is the recipe for pets in the food section.i just wonder if adding more forums will slow the board,i'm not sure if each forum runs seperate of if the board runs as a whole? its not a bad idea but i think we already have a couple of places we could post about this topic.

marko
September 1st, 2007, 12:41 AM
Yup that's true WD - that forum is located here
http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59

I was under the impression that the OP was suggesting a regular (non-subforum) forum SOLELY for pet books but now I'm not sure.

Hmmm...

JanM
September 1st, 2007, 11:18 AM
Yup that's true WD - that forum is located here
http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=59

I was under the impression that the OP was suggesting a regular (non-subforum) forum SOLELY for pet books but now I'm not sure.

Hmmm...

Yes, I was thinking a pet-related book forum - there are lots of those books out there and, with so many to choose from, a forum on pet-related books - whether novels or "technical" stuff - like food, training, behaviour - that sort of thing is where my mind was going...

JanM
September 4th, 2007, 11:26 PM
Looks like there isn't much interest in a forum on pet-related books - too bad (for me anyway!)...

marko
September 5th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Hi JanM,

Sorry for the delay.
I took a look at the current book forum and it was a mix of pet and non pet books..so I figured what the heck, maybe not a a full on forum but a subforum for just pet books is a good idea.

so voila - thanks to your suggestion a new sub-forum for pet books (in the ON-topic forum) is now live.

Thanks as always for the suggestions :thumbs up

Marko

JanM
September 5th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Thank you, Marko - I hope it is a success!