Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I've no one to blame but myself

mummummum
August 28th, 2007, 06:37 PM
As most of the regulars know ~ Ceili is my Diva Princess.

She is the one who will only eat her kibble if it is placed by the handful (only one at a time mind you) on the floor BUT the kibble cannot under any circumstances be touching her paws and even though the bowl is an inch to her left will whimper Until I get scoop her out another handful:rolleyes:. She is also the one who whines to have the water dish which is 2 feet away brought over to her :rolleyes: :rolleyes:. And she is also the one who comes to a dead stop and refuses to budge if we aren't walking in the direction She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed wants to go :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

...WELL ! Guess who, sprawled lazily on the couch, starts to whine? DECLAN ! And you know what he wanted ???? THE WATER BOWL !!!!!! :yell:

Needless to say I told him to get off his lazy, hairy kerbuttski and get it himself !!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yup, I have no one to blame but myself... :rolleyes:

Bluedrake
August 28th, 2007, 06:48 PM
:laughing: I can so relate to that!

My kitty is not very fussy, but a crude stainless steel bowl was not acceptable for her! Oh no, she needs her canned served in a glass bowl, with a little warm water added because she does not like her food at fridge temperature, and a soupy texture is what she loves best! :rolleyes:

The things we do for our pets.:crazy:

Cathy1
August 28th, 2007, 06:52 PM
I have one like that also. Duke won't eat unless both my husband and I are there sitting with him and if there is a little hole in his food dish, we have to level it out for him.

mummummum
August 28th, 2007, 06:54 PM
:crazy: I'm sooooooo glad I am not alone !! :laughing:

rainbow
August 28th, 2007, 07:00 PM
:laughing: Lots of funny stories here. :D

JanM
August 28th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Oh boy, oh boy - it sure is nice to hear others are totally ruled by their furry friends! Shadow will wind around my ankles and meow until I follow him to his food bowl where I have to stroke his back before he will eat!

SnowDancer
August 28th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Elmo's bottled water must be served in his bone china teacup. Well, at least he makes use of them, I don't drink tea or coffee. Then he very daintily drinks - not an easy feet for a 22 lb. Eskie.

Frenchy
August 28th, 2007, 07:44 PM
OMG I can't believe you guys !!!

:rolleyes:

ok ok , I do bring king Bailey his food dish on the patio but ONLY because he likes to eat laying down just as a precaution to not bloat , what a smart dog :rolleyes: and I help Sam go up the couch and I do put a blancket on Nelly in the evenings :o

Bluedrake
August 28th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Awww, Frenchy, the excuses we think up to hide the fact that we are actually owned by our pets, not the other way around. :laughing:

I'll confess that I avoid moving when Chinook is in my bed so as not to disturb her. Even if I'm about to fall off the edge of the bed... :D

mummummum
August 28th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Wow...I'm starting feel positively tame compared to you guys :laughing:

erykah1310
August 28th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Phew, honestly I thought I was strange catering to Puppies every desire. Puppy demands water, food, lovin, scratches ect... and I give in.
Oh and if kita happens to lose her pillow, I will cater to her and pick it up and put it back on her bed too.
Bailey isnt that demading yet, but he's still relatively new here....
Meiko, very independant, doesnt want help from anyone....

Tommysmom
August 28th, 2007, 10:04 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I thought it was just US!! Everybody thinks we just spoil Tommy because sometimes he just doesn't eat unless we hand feed him his kibble on the living room floor - one piece at a time. My trainer used to go nuts about that, and he might be right, but I don't care, lol. I started doing it when he was young and had all kinds of problems eating, and now mostly he eats ok on his own, but sometimes he just forgets. I'll let it go a couple of days, but by the third day or so I just feed him. And he gets yogurt too for his tummy - but he'll only eat it if he sits on my comfy living room chair while I sit on the floor in front of it, he puts his head over my shoulder and licks the yogurt from the spoon:laughing: .

Ok, yeah, we spoil our doggies. But hey... they're happy, we're happy, isn't that what it's all about?

(Mummummum - we thought we would have to fix that before getting another dog, because a second dog might want to eat Tommy's food if we feed him that way... does this mean that until now that hasn't been a problem for you?)

hazelrunpack
August 28th, 2007, 10:09 PM
We don't spoil our dogs at all. :rolleyes: ahem :o

:p

:laughing:

TeriM
August 28th, 2007, 10:24 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My family are all perfect of course and I am the absolute ruler of the house and my every command is executed when ordered :D .

please note that the above post was posted by TeriM as dictated by Lucy :o .

ancientgirl
August 29th, 2007, 09:16 AM
LOL, I've got some similar problems. My two eat from the top down, I have to keep repositioning their food and make it a little pile.

Longblades
August 29th, 2007, 09:37 AM
My crew, four cats, one dog, all drink from the same porcelain bowl that came from an old mix master. When dog was confined to a small space in the living room whilst recuperating from a surgery I moved the water bowl close to her and put a different one in the usual place for the cats. Result? Cats continued to use old bowl, now close to dog and dog would only drink from new bowl that was in old place. And all five much prefer the outside water pail which gets hot as the dickens in no time in this heat. I think they do it on purpose, :)

Jim Hall
August 29th, 2007, 09:38 AM
i realised the other day that down under eats better if i am in the room she eats a few bites comes over for a pet goes back ans eats some more and comes back for a brush but only if i am in my office chair
she loves a warm food dish

Love4himies
August 29th, 2007, 09:45 AM
My cats have informed that their food must be warmed slightly in the microwave, piled high up so it can be licked flat otherwise it is considered abuse and will call the SPCA on me.:laughing: :laughing: Nope, they never have eaten cold food.

They don't walk on wet areas (not a puddle, just soggy) of the lawn either, they will stop at the edge and wait for me to carry them over to a drier spot so we can continue our walk about.:rolleyes:

ancientgirl
August 29th, 2007, 09:53 AM
My cats have informed that their food must be warmed slightly in the microwave, piled high up so it can be licked flat otherwise it is considered abuse and will call the SPCA on me.:laughing: :laughing: Nope, they never have eaten cold food.

They don't walk on wet areas (not a puddle, just soggy) of the lawn either, they will stop at the edge and wait for me to carry them over to a drier spot so we can continue our walk about.:rolleyes:

Oh, you microwave their food a bit huh? I've been wondering if I could do that. I had to save some of their food this morning, since I didn't want it to sit there and get filmy. Now I know I can warm it up a bit for them later.:)

krdahmer
August 29th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Yes, all wet food is warmed here as well....

and Princess Smoke's kibble must always be free of 'bits', only whole kibble is acceptable.....

And they are all drinking out of my good crystal.... :rolleyes:

Oh and we eat at the coffee table, Palomine eats on the kitchen table...

Buddy eats on the counter, he couldn't possibly wait til I got it to the table....

And heaven forbid I go to bed without scooping the boxes first, not even just one night when I'm really tired.... Miss Windy shows her disgust with a golden puddle directly in front of the boxes!

Oh and if Fagan gets treats for taking his meds.... EVERYONE must have treats also.

I know exactly who runs this house.... and it isn't me....:rolleyes: :laughing:

Love4himies
August 29th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Just make sure you test the temperature of the food with your finger to ensure there are not hot spots to burn thier little tongues.

Love4himies
August 29th, 2007, 10:32 AM
and Princess Smoke's kibble must always be free of 'bits', only whole kibble is acceptable.....

:

One of my cats won't eat "bits" either.

And the same one will meow at the top of the basement stairs if her litter box isn't cleaned to her exact specifications. She will watch while one of her servants clean it, then she goes in and does her thing.

mummummum
August 29th, 2007, 11:13 AM
We don't spoil our dogs at all. :rolleyes: ahem :o

:p

:laughing:

My family are all perfect of course and I am the absolute ruler of the house and my every command is executed when ordered :D .

They say confession is good for the soul ...

mummummum
August 29th, 2007, 11:19 AM
(Mummummum - we thought we would have to fix that before getting another dog, because a second dog might want to eat Tommy's food if we feed him that way... does this mean that until now that hasn't been a problem for you?)

...Errrrrrr...uhmmmmm... Good luck with that 'kay ?

Declan is many things but he ain't stupid and knows a good deal when he sees one ~ he has diligently (and quite successfully I might add :rolleyes:)followed in his sister's Training-of-Mum paw prints. :wall: :laughing:

luckypenny
August 29th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Personally, I can relate to Ceili and Declan :o :D :laughing: . I love being waited on.

As for Penny, when I put her food bowl down and give her the release "OK," she won't go to it unless I pet and kiss her head. Not just a pet, mind you. She has to be kissed too :o.

After a walk when it's wet outside, Lucky won't budge at the door and holds only one rear leg out for me to wipe dry. He just stands there and looks at me as if to say, "Well, come on now, what are you waiting for?"

Oh, and I lay down with them every evening right before going to bed and give them each a massage (varying T-Touch massages). Then expect one from hubby too :laughing: .

Frenchy
August 29th, 2007, 11:20 AM

:laughing: Lucy :cloud9:

Frenchy
August 29th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Oh I totally forgot the cats ! :o their meal is kibble mixt with wet food mixt with warm water :rolleyes:

rainbow
August 29th, 2007, 11:23 AM
I feel soooo left out. :sad: For both my two dogs and two cats, I just put their food in their bowls and they eat it. :shrug:

mummummum
August 29th, 2007, 11:25 AM
i realised the other day that down under eats better if i am in the room she eats a few bites comes over for a pet goes back ans eats some more and comes back for a brush but only if i am in my office chair
she loves a warm food dish

Wow ~ you have made SO much progress with Down Under Jim ~ congrats :highfive: !

mummummum
August 29th, 2007, 11:27 AM
I feel soooo left out. :sad: For both my two dogs and two cats, I just put their food in their bowls and they eat it. :shrug:

And you don't molly-coddle them in any other way Rainbow ? :rolleyes: :D

Frenchy
August 29th, 2007, 11:33 AM
I just put their food in their bowls and they eat it. :shrug:

That's it , I"m calling the spca ! NEGLECT !!!! :D

rainbow
August 29th, 2007, 12:30 PM
And you don't molly-coddle them in any other way Rainbow ? :rolleyes: :D

:lightbulb: Does sleeping on the floor next to Chase count while he recuperates? :o :D

mummummum
August 29th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Double digit points extra for THAT !

rainbow
August 29th, 2007, 12:33 PM
That's it , I"m calling the spca ! NEGLECT !!!! :D

I give them fresh water too. :D And, carry on conversations with them all day long. :laughing:

rainbow
August 29th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Double digit points extra for THAT !

And, an extra bonus cuz I have so many aches and pains when I manage to get myself off the airbed in the morning. :D

meg4050
August 29th, 2007, 12:40 PM
And, carry on conversations with them all day long. :laughing:

My mom makes fun of me for that all the time, but then I always catch her doing it too!

Barkley isn't too demanding, he's a people-pleaser! His only request is that he must get a treat before he will go outside in the morning.

Romeo's a different story! Ever since he was little, someone always has to be on the same floor as him. If he falls asleep in one of the bedrooms and wakes up to find everyone downstairs, he'll sit at the top of the stairs and meow SO loudly, you'd swear he's being tortured - until someone comes up and either carries him down or stays up there with him. And if he's set on staying up there, he'll just do it all over again everytime you try to leave :rolleyes:

I guess I should consider it endearing right? :laughing:

breeze
August 29th, 2007, 12:47 PM
I never do anything like this with my pet never I say :D :D

at least nothing I want to admit to or you will ever find out about hahahahahaha

krdahmer
August 29th, 2007, 01:27 PM

And I suppose they let you vacuum them too.... :laughing: :laughing:

No braggin!!! :D :laughing:

Ford Girl
August 29th, 2007, 02:26 PM
I shoo the cat away for Dazy cuz she's too scared to go near him...he lays in the way on purpose like in front of her pen or the door and she wines to go by but doesn't dare try it...she comes to us whining and we get up and shoo Pubert out of the way. :laughing:

When we go anywhere in the car she jumps right in, but on the way home is another story, she puts her 2 front paws up and looks back at us - we then proceed to lift her in to the car!!! All 68lbs of her!! She never jumps back in. :lovestruck:

chico2
August 29th, 2007, 04:20 PM
:laughing: Glad to see I am not overdoing it...Vinnie my litte piglet eats on the counter,Rocky and Chico eat in my PC room by the window and i have to sit with them,continuosly scoop the food in to a pile,after they lick it flat.
Later I have to watch,or Vinnie will finish all the bowls.

None of them will drink anything but cold,fresh water and will sit there until I change it:cat:
As for the kibble,the little bits go to the crows and other birds,only whole kibble for my kitties:laughing:
Treats are served while we sit down and watch the news and I often end up on the floor,no room on the couch:laughing:

rainbow
August 29th, 2007, 04:56 PM
And I suppose they let you vacuum them too.... :laughing: :laughing:

Oh heavens no .....they're all scared of it except Logan (the husky). :D

mummummum
August 29th, 2007, 05:55 PM
I never do anything like this with my pet never I say :D :D

Hands up everyone who believes Breeze ?... Anyone? :p

at least nothing I want to admit to or you will ever find out about hahahahahaha

Yez, but vee have whayz ov mayking you talk Breeze... :evil: :D

mummummum
August 29th, 2007, 05:58 PM
I shoo the cat away for Dazy cuz she's too scared to go near him...he lays in the way on purpose like in front of her pen or the door and she wines to go by but doesn't dare try it...she comes to us whining and we get up and shoo Pubert out of the way. :laughing:

Bridie does that on purpose too the little beggar! And she knows she's being a little beggar because she smiles at me when I go over to her and tell her to move :evil: :rolleyes:

breeze
August 29th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Just remember I have a high tolerence for pain

Misery's company
August 29th, 2007, 06:01 PM
As far as Misery's eating habits, there is only one demand. Sadie (her big sister) has to start eating before Misery will touch her food, which is strange but no trouble. BUT, my princess will not only not sleep on the floor but will only sleep on 2 pillows by my head as the bed itself is just not soft enough!

mummummum
August 29th, 2007, 06:03 PM
:laughing: Glad to see I am not overdoing it...

Nah...not at all. They're positively absolutely not spoiled at all. Nope. Not a bit. Except for maybe the scooping thing. And the water thing. And the kibble thing. And the couch thing. But other than that... a harsh life of severe discipline all round. :rolleyes: :laughing:

chico2
August 30th, 2007, 06:58 AM
3Xmum...:laughing: :laughing:

Love4himies
August 30th, 2007, 10:36 AM
I think the aliens looking down on earth think cats and dogs are the rulers and humans are the slaves.:laughing:

I often think my female cat should have HRH in front of her name. Darn,why didn't I think of that when I registered her:lovestruck:

mummummum
August 30th, 2007, 10:46 AM
As far as Misery's eating habits, there is only one demand. Sadie (her big sister) has to start eating before Misery will touch her food, which is strange but no trouble.

Ha-ha ! Misery sounds like Ceili ~ she will only chomp on bones Bridie has already worked over :rolleyes:

BUT, my princess will not only not sleep on the floor but will only sleep on 2 pillows by my head as the bed itself is just not soft enough!

Declan does that too! The only problem is that when he lays down to sleep he takes up three quarters of the bed and sleeps with his BUM in my FACE :yuck: