Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Where to find in Québec city area...

Bluedrake
August 28th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Hi!

I'm making an inquiry on my mom's behalf. She has two shelties, and I have recently persuaded her to switch to a healthier diet for her dogs (they were both on Hill's). She has switched to Kirkland for now, but she would like to find some of the higher quality dog foods.

Is there anyone in the Québec city area who knows where to find foods such as Wellness, Canidae, Solid Gold, Orijen, etc.?

Your help would be greatly appreciated, the store locators on the websites are not all that helpful...

Thanks!

Please think of poor Bobby who has lost two teeth to gingivitis!

luckypenny
August 28th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Palais De Simba (Le)
3280, chemin Sainte-Foy
Quebec, QC G1X 1S1
(418) 653-6363

They carry Innova and Solid Gold but not Orijen nor Canidae. Hope this helps.

Bluedrake
August 28th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Thanks!

That's very close to where my mom lives!

luckypenny
August 28th, 2007, 05:11 PM
You're welcome :) . Just remind your mom that, whatever new food she chooses to feed, to make the switch gradually.

rainbow
August 28th, 2007, 06:59 PM
I would choose Innova over Solid Gold. :pawprint:

luckypenny
August 28th, 2007, 07:11 PM
I was just thinking......if your mother is interested in trying Orijen, she could always ask the store owner/manager to try and order it in for her. It's not sold anywhere near Quebec City, as far as I can tell, so it would probably make for better business if they can carry it (seeing it's so popular). I have a friend who lives in that area and she mentioned that this place is the only one she knows of that stocks better quality pet foods. It may be worth a try.

Bluedrake
August 28th, 2007, 07:29 PM
I hear you, Rainbow, Innova does seem better than solid gold. Grain-free rules. :thumbs up

I will see if I can convince her to try to get the store to order Orijen. Funny thing about my mom, I sent her a bunch of articles about healthy pet food, I even sent her to this forum, but she still got hoodwinked into bying a crappy food because the clerk said that junk was just as good as the "designer brand" at half the cost.

Turns out the designer food was Wellness and the crap-which-shall-not be-named listed corn, wheat and animal digest in its ingredients :yuck: :eek:

So, after a good scolding about reading labels properly and not letting pushy clerks boss her around :D , I convinced to at least get Kirkland as a compromise.

Can you believe she is actually shy about asking the store to order a specific food for her? :rolleyes: She went to check out Wellness, and they only had one flavor in store, and she said "they don't have anything else from that brand".

But that's my mom.:lovestruck:

So, I'll try to convert her to Innova or Orijen if she can get it. I'm also going to work on my aunt. Her dog suffers from frequent ear infections. She says it's because he's one of those droopy ears type (cocker I think), but now I know that that may not be the sole factor.

rainbow
August 28th, 2007, 07:55 PM
Two good websites for them to check out are:

www.dogfoodproject

www.dogaware.com

Good luck :fingerscr :goodvibes: and I hope you get them converted. :D

wdawson
August 28th, 2007, 08:17 PM
also see if you can get timberwolf organics.....my guys love it and are doing great on it(wilderness elk and salmon) even the vet commented on their coats last month.