Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Genoa Bay Hike

JanM
August 26th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Three of us with my 2 dogs and my friend's Scottish Collie hiked up to overlook Genoa Bay yesterday.. and yes, we started from sea-level so it was quite a climb - but as you can see - it was worth it!

mummummum
August 26th, 2007, 12:42 PM
What a great view (and holy hannah, your quads must be be achin' !) ~ I'll bet the doggies had a blast!

wdawson
August 26th, 2007, 01:23 PM
that is a great view. wish we had places like that here.

jiorji
August 26th, 2007, 01:35 PM
that's a great view:cloud9:

rainbow
August 26th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Is that looking towards the mainland? ......beautiful view. :cloud9:

JanM
August 26th, 2007, 05:01 PM
Is that looking towards the mainland? ......beautiful view. :cloud9:

The Island on the left (behind the bushes) is the southern tip of Salt Spring Island and yes - looking due east - on a clear day - you could see the mainland...

It is so beautiful out here - I can't imagine how I survived on the prairies for so darn long - and in a city yet!

growler~GateKeeper
August 26th, 2007, 05:03 PM
awesome view, what a great place for a hike :)

Frenchy
August 26th, 2007, 08:13 PM
Oh what a nice view ! :thumbs up Amber and Bobby must be tired of their hike ? :sleepy:

JanM
August 26th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Oh what a nice view ! :thumbs up Amber and Bobby must be tired of their hike ? :sleepy:

They were ready for a rest, that's for sure! Amber is recovering from a sore pay - somehow she has injured one toe on her left back leg. The vet told me no exercise for at least 2 days - the hike was on the 3rd day and Amber was like a wild woman out there! No sign of soreness - she is still on her pain/anti-inflammatory meds though but Amber did at least 4 times the distance the rest of us did! Today both dogs were back to normal - ready to rock and roll!

We try to do a really good hike like this one at least once a week - that way the dogs don't get bored by going to same place all the time and we get to see some rather beautiful scenery too!

hazelrunpack
August 26th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Gorgeous scenery! Wow! :cloud9:

We don't have vistas like that in hazel's neck of the woods, that's for sure.

TeriM
August 29th, 2007, 12:33 AM
Beautiful shots :thumbs up :) .