Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat's hips are weak, and she is having trouble walking

Viktorius
August 25th, 2007, 06:37 PM
We have a young cat (about 8 months old). Her hips look weak and she walks with a wooble...sometimes she falls down. Is there a disease that has these symptoms? Should I be concerned?

Thanks - Vik

badger
August 25th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Your cat needs to be seen by a vet immediately. It is impossible to diagnose something as dramatic as this over the internet and we are not vets. Could be an infection, could be neurological. Please take her soon.

rainbow
August 25th, 2007, 07:27 PM
I agree. You must get her to the vet right away. She may have got into something toxic. Good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Viktorius
August 25th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the advise. I will take her Monday morning. There is no way I can see one until then.

badger
August 25th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Good plan. Please let us know what happens.

the gang
August 25th, 2007, 11:03 PM
monday may be too long away, see if you can get a 24 hr vet.

rainbow
August 26th, 2007, 12:38 AM
monday may be too long away, see if you can get a 24 hr vet.

I agree.....especially if she got into something toxic.

punkyamberlea
August 26th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Was this something sudden? she could have hurt herself. Have her hips and legs checked she may need an x-ray or she may need her hip poped back in. Amber

punkyamberlea
August 26th, 2007, 11:18 PM
Sorry i forgot to add my cat started to walk odd and when i took her in i found out she has a laxating patella (sp) it isnt as common in cats as dogs but, most cats kinda heal by scar tissues. Also my husband and i came home from dinner one night to find one of our other cats walking funny and then falling down. Took him to the emergency vet to find out he had something small stuck in his leg. Got home and noticed his sister kitty had a broken tooth! thats what was in his leg!