Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

sick cat -enedruban

enedruban
August 25th, 2007, 09:31 AM
my 9 wk old male himilyan has a high temperature and was not eating. he has been treated by 3 different vets and they do not know what his condition is. blood was drawn. all normal. stomach fluid drawn. all normal. antiobiotics given.ampicillin and fed with intervenous. i now have him home and on clavamox drops and tolfedine tabs. his temperature ranged from 37c to 41c. in farenheight i believe the high was 106f. any suggestions as to what his condition might be as the vets do not know. he seems to be comming along well while on the medication but i am not sure if it will cure the condition.

krdahmer
August 25th, 2007, 10:07 AM
If your cat is responding to treatment maybe it was a virus or infection, there are so many new viruses popping up the doctors and vets don't always know what they are right away and have to research while or after they treat the animal (happened to me with my doctor). Sometimes a diagnosis is secondary to the need for treatment, and with high fever that is the case.... they have to make sure your kitty starts to improve. Just express to the vet that you would like a diagnosis if possible and I hope your kitty continues to improve and gets back to normal soon!:pray:

rainbow
August 26th, 2007, 12:50 AM
If the antibiotics are helping maybe he just needs to be on them a while longer. Good luck and keep us posted. :fingerscr :goodvibes: