Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Heylo :)

labgirl
August 24th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Upon request, I figured the best place to share some photos of Nit and Wit (my two Labs, whose real names are Seamus and Cruiser) would be here.

I'm Erin; I live on the east coast of Canada and I'm high school looking to end up with a degree in zoology with specialties in marine life. I've got two dogs, a cat, three fish and a hamster on the way :D

First and foremost I'll have to introduce the dogs;
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5011/img0063kp5.jpg
Corhampton's Terrabella Seamus aka Seamus aka Sha-moo aka Stinker aka STAY OUT OF THE DISHWASHER!. Named after the Harry Potter book character and not Bill Clinton's dog. He weighs a fifth of a ton, is a third of a foot too tall and thinks his own size is roughly equivalent to that of a Maltese. He never sleeps on the floor, unless no one is home. He hates spinach and mushrooms. He likes bananas and your socks. You can't take him for walks with a leash. He watches CSI. He likes Wendy's. He likes you. Guaranteed.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/6589/img0099sf2.jpg
Asklar Shara Cruise Cedarbay aka Cruiser aka Cruisie-poo is a brand new acquisition at my house. Literally, we got him the week before last. He had a rough home life as a puppy and got sent back to his breeder once he started losing hair and smelling badly. He's still got bald spots and although he gets bathed twice weekly, he doesn't smell as good as Seamus, but he's better mannered, braver and more active than Seamus... so the pros outweigh the cons. He was actually sold as a showdog - he's Top Labrador Retriever Puppy in Canada for 2006 - but now he's just Cruiser. Living the good life. Sucking on my pant leg.

In terms of fish, mine generally live in the lap of luxury: there's my crowntail Betta Gizmo who shares his five gallon tank with my albino Corydora catfish, a girl named Mouth. I also have a goldfish who is currently in a tank that is much too small for her - I literally rescued her from an owner who was waiting on her to die - who came with the name Huey, but upon closer investigation didn't have a male vent and was thus renamed Cassiopeia (Cassi), because I've always wanted to give an exuberant name to a goldfish.

In terms of cats, my family recently suffered the loss of Grover, who turned ten this March - he was an outdoor cat in the summer and was hit by a car on Monday. My other cat, Elmo, who's twelve, was becoming stressed out with a large boisterous Labrador running around and is actually living with my grandmother and gaining a lot of weight that he had lost since late last fall. Right now I'm looking into buying a hamster to fill the obvious void that Grover left, although knowing me and my animal hoarding I could end up with something as crazy as a Cockatiel.

hazelrunpack
August 25th, 2007, 12:05 AM
What an intro! :D The pictures were well worth the wait! :thumbs up I love the action shots--one sleeping hard, the other running hard... :cloud9: And fish, living in the lap of luxury with exuberant names! :laughing:

I'm sorry for your loss of Grover, though. :candle:

mummummum
August 25th, 2007, 03:10 AM
welcome aboard ! Looks like you've got a good head start on your passion for zoology :D

rainbow
August 26th, 2007, 01:01 AM
Welcome to pets.ca Erin .....that has got to be the best intro we've had. :D I love the pic of Seamus snoozing. :cloud9: I have a long legged yellow lab that likes to do the same. :D I'm very sorry to hear about Grover. :grouphug: :candle: