Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pigeon meets hubby.

chico2
August 23rd, 2007, 08:25 AM
Most of you know we have lots of Pigeons at our birdfeeders and als that we love them,however all are scared of us.
This morning though,one lone Pigeon stayed,not afraid at all,hubby fed him/her some corn soooo cute...
He/she is banded,unlike the others,probably belong somewhere..
Here they are:D

Jim Hall
August 23rd, 2007, 09:08 AM
can you find out who banded it ? If i saw that i would be wondering who and where it came from

Goldyy
August 23rd, 2007, 01:09 PM
Great pics Chico!!! i had one stop here a few years back i was able to pick it up and on its band was a # and said it was from Ottawa(long way from home)i called and the man said just leave it that it will find its way home..still to this day i wander if it did..they realy are pretty birds...thanx for sharin the pics :)

chico2
August 23rd, 2007, 03:47 PM
We have not seen him again today,I get about 30 pigeons every day,some white,some all kinds of colors really pretty.
A few years back we had another banded Pigeon,pure white,obviously out of place with the others.
I called many numbers HS gave me,but no go.
Then one day,this young man stopped at my house,had a cage with another pigeon in it,saying the white one was his.
He brought me special food for her and it took him 3 days to finally lure her to her boyfriend and the owner was able to catch her.
He had a Pigeon coop about 10 houses away from me,showed me the babies etc...it was great.
The young man was from Pakistan and he told me his Pigeons were from Afghanistan,very special Pigeons that are able to fly higher than any others,the white one would be so high in the sky all you could see was a tiny speck,it was really interesting.
I believe this one probably will find his way home,but I'll keep an eye out for him,just in case.

Lukka'sma
August 23rd, 2007, 04:46 PM
She was beautiful Chico, and I am sure she was also very happy to have such hospitality shown to her by you and your hubby.:D

hazelrunpack
August 23rd, 2007, 08:54 PM
He's a handsome bird! I always liked pigeons, too--even though everyone else thought they were pests. So many colors and patterns--they really are beautiful birds!

chico2
August 24th, 2007, 07:52 AM
I don't think it's my personality that draws all these guys to my house,probably the feeders,right:laughing:
But we've had Budgies,a Turtledove and other strays.maybe "normal"people would never notice,but i always keep an eye on"my"birds..

Frenchy
August 25th, 2007, 03:54 PM
but i always keep an eye on"my"birds..

And I bet Chico, Vinnie and Rocky do too :D :cat:

chico2
August 25th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Yeah,they do:laughing: but they go back inside at about 1:30,then we take Bailey for a walk,when we get back the birds get fed,so no cats outside:laughing: