Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat eating strange things... :)

Radish
August 22nd, 2007, 01:44 PM
I've discovered over the past few months (while the summer fruit has been in season) that my kitty, Loki, LOVES peaches, watermellon, strawberries, and pumpkin. My cats in the past have been interested in various human foods (despite our trying to not let them eat human food, they always get a hold of something at some point :rolleyes: ) but they didn't go crazy for them like Miss Loki - even her sister who I have doesn't seem to care as much.

Does she just have strange tastes or could this be a sign of something lacking in her diet?

I will ask my vet as well tomorrow when I walk to him (unfortunately, Loki isn't feeling well at the moment and had blood taken this morning) but am just curious is anyone else had a silly cat like mine. :D

Laura

crazyk1020
August 22nd, 2007, 01:52 PM
Oh my LittlMan loves weird foods. Some of his favorites to my astonishment are: peas, tomato soup, green beans, bannanas, cantaloupe, and sweetcorn. I thought I was the only one with a cat with a well rounded palate :laughing: . Here's a pic of LittlMan with his peas he thinks they are just delicious:

Love4himies
August 22nd, 2007, 02:07 PM
I have a cat that likes strawberries and bananas.

Dracko
August 22nd, 2007, 05:19 PM
I would be so happy if my cats loved raw human food like that. How much better can it get.

I had a cat that used to love breads of any kind and if hey weren't put away in a cupboard or fridge she would chew through the plastic and in the morning you'd be greated with a big hole in the bag. She also loved shelled sunflower seeds and was manic if there was a cup of coffee. I never let her have any coffee, of course, but if someone had a cup she would do anything to get to it.

My dog loves raw turnips and pears. I share with him when I eat them.

Radish
August 22nd, 2007, 09:27 PM
:thumbs up Glad to hear my cat isn't the only weird one.

Is it okay to let her have small amounts of fruit? I don't mind sharing. :D

growler~GateKeeper
August 22nd, 2007, 09:43 PM
read this thread & check some others in the general forum/pet health forums

you can also click the search button & type in food toxic to cats - that will yield some searches for you to check too.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=43447

also if you google food toxic to cats you will have lots to read

please remember there are also lots of toxic plants too

krdahmer
August 22nd, 2007, 10:13 PM
I have two that go crazy for wild blueberries... I haven't finished a muffin to myself since! I have to try the peas though, I hate em so it'd be great if I could pawn them off on the kitties!!!!:laughing: