Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

help with new stray dog!

blackpup
August 22nd, 2007, 10:20 AM
Hello, and thanks for helping me.

I have 2 dogs & 2 cats, which get along together. But, last sunday a stray dog walked in our yard, and she does not like cats at all. She is still a puppy, and since we are planning on keeping her, could you give me any tips on how I can get her to not attack the cats. My cats are my babies & I have not seen them much since the dog came in our yard. I miss them alot. Please help:confused:

sugarcatmom
August 22nd, 2007, 10:31 AM
Check out this article, it might give you some ideas: http://www.labadoption.org/linkpages/DogBehave/Articles/Cats.pdf

Love4himies
August 22nd, 2007, 10:57 AM
Sorry I can't offer any advice on puppies and cats but was wondering if you are trying to find the owners. Somebody may be trying to find their lost puppy. Have you reported her to the local humane society and vets?

Chris21711
August 22nd, 2007, 11:05 AM
What Love4himies is saying is the right thing to do. It is more prudent to try and find the owners first before deciding to keep the dog. Just ask anyone on this site that are just hoping that someone will find their lost pet and attempt to contact them.

NoahGrey
August 22nd, 2007, 12:10 PM
I agree. You NEED to try and find the owner. The dog might have a mircochip or a tattoo in ear.

Also, PLEASE PLEASE keep your cats inside and ONLY inside.

ACO22