Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dogs eating Human food

S01itiare
August 22nd, 2007, 08:09 AM
Hi I'm new to this site and am wondering 2 things first my Malmute/wolf mix just helped herself to 3/4 of an angelfood cake. She continued to be fine and ate her food as normal. Then today she doesn't seem to be herself nothing in particular just lathargic. :shrug:

2nd ... does anyone know the best method to stop her from doing this? This only happens if she is left in the house and is upset with us for not taking her with us. :confused:

Any suggestions ansewers would be greatly appreciated. :D
I've put a call into the vet to confirm that angelfood cake will not harm her in anyway just wanted to see if anyone else had similar issue.

Thanks so much I've enjoyed reading the posts and responses.

Take care

S01itiare

jessi76
August 22nd, 2007, 10:19 AM
Hi I'm new to this site and am wondering 2 things first my Malmute/wolf mix just helped herself to 3/4 of an angelfood cake. She continued to be fine and ate her food as normal. Then today she doesn't seem to be herself nothing in particular just lathargic. :shrug:

i'm sure she'll be fine, probably just upset her system. good that you called the vet to be sure though. I'd give it 24-48 hrs to see if she's back to her old self. and go light on her meals until she seems to be back to normal.

2nd ... does anyone know the best method to stop her from doing this? This only happens if she is left in the house and is upset with us for not taking her with us. :confused:

a few (rather obvious) suggestions... don't leave angelfood cake out where she can get it. :confused: put all food items away in locked cabinets. restrict her access to the kitchen.

Jim Hall
August 22nd, 2007, 10:37 AM
she is probablly coming off her sugar high

want4rain
August 22nd, 2007, 10:45 AM
kennel her at night and when you are not there to supervise would be a great idea. :)

-ashley

S01itiare
August 24th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Hi I'd jsut like to thank you for your responses. Misty is now on the mend and almost 100% her fiesty self again. She's eating well and is as active as ever. I certainly appreciate all your responses and have taken your suggestions to heart so this won't happen again.

It's wonderful to find a group that you can turn to and ask questions about when your unsure.

Again thank you:D

Regards,

S01itiare