Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What to do!

coppperbelle
August 21st, 2007, 10:12 PM
Chloe had to have surgery yesterday. She cut her leg on the weekend and by licking it made it much worse. I took her bandage off today as per vets instructions and as soon as I did she tried to lick the incision. I put an e-collar on her which makes her very depressed and she won't drink while it is on. I am still at home today so I take it off every hour so she can go have a drink but tomorrow I start work and will be gone for a good part of the day.
If she wanted to drink she could but she is reluctant to try with the collar on.
Any suggestions? I thought of raising the dish but I don't think that would help.

Frenchy
August 21st, 2007, 10:19 PM
I have left the cone on fosters while I was at work , and Nelly is in her crate all day without water (she turns the bowl upside down anyway) I know it sucks but Chloe could be ok until you get home. Or suck up to your boss to take her to work with you :goodvibes:

mummummum
August 21st, 2007, 10:22 PM
I can't find the post but Ontario Greys recommended an alternative to the conehead look. It's a cervical collar (you know, the whiplash thingy) for dogs. I did see one for sale at Global but you could just get a regular human one from the drug store.

coppperbelle
August 22nd, 2007, 08:03 AM
New boss so I am not so sure she is a dog lover. The old boss wouldn't have cared.
I have seen those other cervical collars but only at Petco in the U.S. We don't have a Global around here. We are getting a Petcetera but not until the fall. The only other thing is Mondou but I doubt they carry them.

mummummum
August 23rd, 2007, 01:45 AM
Is her neck thick enough that you could try a human one ?