Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Confused

KAYA
August 21st, 2007, 07:38 PM
I need help my husband and I left for the weekend and left our 1 year old puppy with our daughter and she seemed to be fine but when we returned yesturday she was acting strange. We just thought she missed us or was a little upset that we left her behind but today she is very skiddish and hasn't stop shaking. Any loud noise she cowardly runs away and hides and can't seem to get comfortable and she is not normally like this. Does anyone out there have a clue on what is going on.

Signed confused

breeze
August 21st, 2007, 07:43 PM
we are taking about you 1 year old dog right?? did you ask your daughter (how old is she?) what happened?? did you have a thunderstorm?? maybe your daughter had a party with very loud music??

KAYA
August 21st, 2007, 07:59 PM
We did ask our daughter if anyone happened and she says not but she was also with my parents and they are as confused as we are. There has been no thunder storms or bad weather of any kind that is why we don't what is going on. Everything is how it was when we left except the dog acting really wierd.

breeze
August 21st, 2007, 08:08 PM
is he crate train did she keep in the create to long?? maybe something fell nere him like a chair, is the dog hurt?? what kind of dog are we taking about??
some dogs just don't do well with change
check him out and if he does not get better I would make an appointment with your vet to rule out injury and sooner or later you will find out what really happened

KAYA
August 21st, 2007, 08:16 PM
She is a little dog part chow, shelty and a few others that we are not quit sure of. But she is not crated and we did check to see if she was injured thoroughly because that is the first thing that we thought of. The other thing is that she was not left alone the entire weekend. I do thank you for trying to help

mummummum
August 21st, 2007, 09:07 PM
Any chance she may have eaten a plant or gotten into something around the house ? The constant skittishness, anxiety and shaking may be a sign of plant poisoning (or she may be "stoned" and delusional depending on the plant). Do you have any toxic houseplants ?

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pro_apcc_toxicplants

H.P.
August 21st, 2007, 09:10 PM
I left my dog with my adult brother (my dog loves him) for a few days, and when I came back, she was weird like that for a few days, then she settled back in to her routine. I think that the changes really rattled her. Maybe it is the age, she was right a year, too.

ancientgirl
August 22nd, 2007, 03:30 PM
Do your parents or daughter take any pills? Years ago when I lived with my aunt, she had a ****zu (sorry, but it's blocking the name of the dog breed LOL). One night it began to act very oddly, she was shaking, and could barely keep her head up. She was like that for several hours, until they decided to take her to a vet. The vet checked her out and asked if anyone at home was taking medication.

It turns out her father in law was taking several medications. The doctor suggested the dog might have swallowed one. Sure enough, a few days later we observed the FIL drop some pills while he was taking his meds, and saw the dog run towards them.

We stopped her but realized that's what happened. She never had another problem like that after we became more vigilant.

krdahmer
August 22nd, 2007, 10:22 PM
:offtopic: It doesn't block "schlitz-zu"...;)

And I hope she is fine and recovers from whatever is bothering her!:pray:

growler~GateKeeper
August 22nd, 2007, 10:29 PM
:offtopic: It doesn't block "schlitz-zu"...;)

And I hope she is fine and recovers from whatever is bothering her!:pray:

:offtopic: It won't block if you spell it properly :D Shih Tzu :D

Kaya hope the dog is better now? any update?

ancientgirl
August 23rd, 2007, 09:26 AM
:offtopic: It won't block if you spell it properly :D Shih Tzu :D

Kaya hope the dog is better now? any update?

Oy, the site I looked it up on was totally wrong then.:o