Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

its happening

jbsmomto1
August 21st, 2007, 07:54 AM
My wee laddie man is at the vets. Today is the day my wee guy loses his manly bits. Its been a while since I have done this so can anyone refresh my mind as to what I can expect with the neuter? How long til he is up and running again? etc etc

I also am getting him chipped, Quincy is tattied but Laddie has no means of identification so I felt it was the best thing to do in case he ever gets lost of taken etc etc. I know they stick it in his neck with a needle but the chip she said is about the size of rice, so i imagine the needle will be at least a little bigger than that. Will I be able to feel the chip, will it hinder him in anyway?

I know I am doing right by him by having him neutered and I NEVER want to get into breeding, But i still cannot help but feel so bad for him, He had a rough life for almost 6 months, comes to me where he just starts getting happy and settling it and WHAMMO i abandoned the poor ladster at the vets. He'll be fine and I know he will not hate me for it he may even be a bit greatful that he will not have to deal with raging hormones

12:37pm____ its done and he is just starting to wake up, I can pick him up at 3:30 YAY he is ok!!!

chico2
August 21st, 2007, 07:57 AM
Don't worry(easy to say:laughing: ),he'll be just fine and I have never heard of any animal suffering ill effects from chipping.
He might be upset right now,but he'll be soooo happy when you take him back home:dog:

mummummum
August 21st, 2007, 10:00 AM
:goodvibes: He might be a little groggy from the sedation and there may be slight swellnig at the incision area but not necessarily. He'll be a conehead for awhile. Alot of the boys are up and running right away as the surgery is so much less invasive than it is with the grrrls. The chip he won't even notice ! :goodvibes: