Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

September challenge - Animals learning lessons

breeze
August 20th, 2007, 09:48 PM
September is only 11 days away what are we going to do for September??

any ideas come to mind??

Cram
August 20th, 2007, 11:13 PM
I haven't been on the board long, so I'm not sure what's been done recently (and I'm too lazy to check!).

But what about something like smiles, teeth or tongues?

hazelrunpack
August 20th, 2007, 11:17 PM
All I can come up with is "back to school"...might be hard for people with lawless pets like hazel's! :D Obedience school drop outs! :laughing:

mummummum
August 21st, 2007, 03:57 AM
How About "Animals Learning a Lesson"? Any old lesson will do : "leaves are fun to dive into", " a ball of string can roll all over the house" , "if I sit on your head and flap my wings it tickles your ears"... :D

crazydays
August 27th, 2007, 12:46 PM
I love Mmmmms suggestion on Animals learning a Lesson! My vote is here!

marko
August 29th, 2007, 10:54 AM
I like the animals learning a lesson one too - if we do choose that one, perhaps if the lesson is not obvious we could just cheat and say what the lesson was....

or any other suggestions?

thx

marko

rainbow
August 29th, 2007, 12:51 PM
I also like MX3s suggestion. :thumbs up

mummummum
August 29th, 2007, 12:51 PM
Absolutely Marko ~ that was my intent. I think we'll end up with some hilarious "lessons learned" with everyone naming their own !

p.s. Hazel gets the "by-line" on this one ~ I just riffed on her idea :shrug:

Frenchy
August 29th, 2007, 01:05 PM
What about animals sporting cones ? :rolleyes: Just kidding :D

mummummum
August 29th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Animal sporting cone walking into the wall ~ Lesson Learned ? "Cones are :evil: "!!! :D

hazelrunpack
August 29th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Animal Sporting Cone Walking into the Back of Frenchy's Leg--Lesson Learned: Revenge is Sweet! :laughing:

Frenchy
August 29th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Animal Sporting Cone Walking into the Back of Frenchy's Leg--Lesson Learned: Revenge is Sweet! :laughing:

:laughing: only one more day :thumbs up

Goldyy
August 31st, 2007, 10:41 PM
I havent been here long so maybe its been done but what about playing games (catchin ball :dog: or playin with a stuffed mouse :cat: for ex)

Frenchy
August 31st, 2007, 10:54 PM
Yes , we should decide , it's tomorrow !!!

marko
August 31st, 2007, 11:19 PM
I prefer when members make the final decisions...it seems like animals learning lessons has some strong support...should we go with that?

Thx

Marko

JanM
August 31st, 2007, 11:34 PM
I vote for the lessons thread - sounds like it will be fun..

mummummum
September 1st, 2007, 12:21 AM
I prefer when members make the final decisions...it seems like animals learning lessons has some strong support...should we go with that?

Thx

Marko

Yup ! Since it really is Hazel's idea I've given her a heads-up in the TJT to start us off tomorrow (well, technically today :rolleyes:)

breeze
September 1st, 2007, 01:39 AM
So it's offical then

"pets learning lessons" :cat: :dog: :pawprint:

Frenchy
September 1st, 2007, 01:05 PM
I don't really get it ... pets learning what exactly ? :confused:

CyberKitten
September 1st, 2007, 02:36 PM
If it lessons, keep in mind that most obedience schools are for dogs and not cats. Cats teach us, lol So let's be inclusive and take into consideration all the pets here. :)

Maybe it should be what my pet teaches us?

mummummum
September 1st, 2007, 02:54 PM
CK ~ hun ~ would you please read the at least some of the posts in a thread before you reply? The September Challenge is "Animals Learning Lessons". See the funny one "Lesson" posted by Hazel about Frenchy's Bailey as an example. This isn't about obedience school or even obedience and it is about pets not a specific type of animal ~ no one and no pet is excluded.

Frenchy
September 1st, 2007, 04:33 PM
See the funny one "Lesson" posted by Hazel about Frenchy's Bailey as an example.

Oh so anything goes ? :D Here I go then , Paddington learning that a Great Dane wanting to "play" with him can be intimidating at first ....

Frenchy
September 1st, 2007, 04:35 PM
But Monsieur le chat learned a long time ago , doggies are nice :D

CyberKitten
September 1st, 2007, 04:53 PM
My apologies!! You have to realize how little time I have to sneak away to read these!! (sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!) I have to do it in a hurry. Anyway, enuf whining. I get the point

And... it is JUST not my day! :sad: :sad:

Those pix do make it better though Frenchy!

chico2
September 1st, 2007, 04:53 PM
Those are great Frenchy,I have 2 million pics of my cats,but I don't think I have anything suitable for this thread,the only lesson my cats have learned this summer is that bees are not suitable for snacks:laughing:

CyberKitten
September 1st, 2007, 04:55 PM
Oh no Chico, what happened?

chico2
September 1st, 2007, 05:07 PM
CK,nothing bad,Vinnie got stung in the paw,but it's ok,no problems...Rocky and Chico already know to stay away from bees:cat:

hazelrunpack
September 1st, 2007, 05:42 PM
Hmmm...I don't have any stills that come to mind that would fit. (Hey, I never said I had any pics! :laughing:)

However, I just posted this video in Grace's thread before seeing this one--and it actually applies. Sorry, Frenchy...I know you won't be able to see it. :sad:

Anyway, just to give the rest of you some background--I use hand and voice signals when training. One day, I was working with Cole, hand-signal only, and messed up the "roll over" signal. I did it vertically instead of horizontally (you'll understand when you see the video).

The Sheriff cocked his head to the side, and thought about it a few seconds. :lightbulb: :dog: "I'll invent my own trick!" he barked. And Cole's "dance" was born! :D

He invented it all on his own and is very proud of it, so don't laugh at him. :o That's hazel's job! :laughing:

Without further ado, "Cole's trick": http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1059638

You'll notice that the two actions done by Cole are quite similar, but one is vertical and one is horizontal--just like the two hand signals! :D What a smart, logical boy that Sheriff is! (Handsome, too! :lovestruck:)

marko
September 1st, 2007, 06:33 PM
Nice start Frenchy and nice example! I love how WE are interpreting the lessons learned....but your seem obvious from your photos.

Mine to come shortly - have to think a bit first.

Thx

Marko

rainbow
September 1st, 2007, 07:10 PM
Frenchy, very cute pics of kitty lessons. :thumbs up

Hazel, awwww, my boy Cole.....beauty and brains. :cloud9:

CyberKitten
September 1st, 2007, 09:04 PM
Glad it was not serious Chico. I too am still thinking of recent examples. :)

glasslass
September 1st, 2007, 09:44 PM
Corky's learned he's too big to fit in that school desk!:shrug:

hazelrunpack
September 1st, 2007, 09:49 PM
:laughing: Corky is really cute behind that desk, glasslass! :lovestruck:

Rottielover
September 1st, 2007, 09:56 PM
Here is Harley learning to pull a sled......Well that was short lived

hazelrunpack
September 1st, 2007, 10:04 PM
Handsome Harley :lovestruck:

Didn't care for pulling the sled much, though, eh? :laughing: He'd much rather ride on it! :thumbs up

mummummum
September 1st, 2007, 10:11 PM
Lesson Learned: :Lying on fresh laundry is cozier...

Lesson Learned: There is NO privacy in this house!

Lesson Learned: Even when I close my eyes she can STILL find me!!

hazelrunpack
September 1st, 2007, 10:21 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I love Lesson #3! :laughing:

glasslass
September 1st, 2007, 10:32 PM
Cute Cute Cute! Favorite caption #3 - paws down!:laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
September 1st, 2007, 11:40 PM
Frenchy love the puffy Paddy tail :cloud9:
Hazel Cole so clever! :lovestruck:
Rottielover Harley is a pampered pooch he doesn't want to pull a cart to market like his ancestors might have :D
Mx3 love the lessons :cloud9: very cute
Glasslass love Corky's foot on the bench :D

rainbow
September 2nd, 2007, 12:03 AM
Handsome Harley :lovestruck:

Didn't care for pulling the sled much, though, eh? :laughing: He'd much rather ride on it! :thumbs up

Hee hee....I agree. :D

Glasslass, that is one cute pic of Corky. :lovestruck:

MX3, :laughing: ....I love the "if I close my eyes, mom can't see me" pic. :D

Frenchy
September 2nd, 2007, 12:03 AM
Cute pics everyone !

Lesson Learned: Even when I close my eyes she can STILL find me!!
:laughing: :laughing:

Cram
September 2nd, 2007, 01:02 AM
Helix learns to share!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/candice_jackel/IMG_1616.jpg

Helix learns that Ella doesn't really like him :(

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/candice_jackel/IMG_1340.jpg

Helix learns that moths are yucky! (Yep, that's what he's doing in this picture- eating a moth).

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/candice_jackel/Helixiscrazy.jpg

growler~GateKeeper
September 2nd, 2007, 01:04 AM
Helix has learned some good lessons, hope that wasn't all in 1 day :eek:

Frenchy
September 2nd, 2007, 01:08 AM
:laughing: I just love Helix ! That third picture always cracks me up ! :laughing:

rainbow
September 2nd, 2007, 01:08 AM
Hee hee....those are good pics of Helix learning his lessons. I knew you were going to post the moth eating one.....I love it. :D

hazelrunpack
September 2nd, 2007, 09:43 AM
:laughing: Sweetie Helix and his moth! :laughing:

Around here, moths are a delicacy--must be an acquired taste! :p

We get that kind of reaction from the toads, though! :yuck:

Frenchy! I somehow missed the pics of Paddington and Monsieur le chat :lovestruck: --probably the connection was too slow to download them when I scrolled through the first time. :frustrated: I can imagine that Nelly would be a bit...intimidating! :eek: But I'll bet they turn into best friends in the end. :thumbs up Both Paddy and Monsieur le chat are so handsome! Now all you need is a white one! :D

wdawson
September 2nd, 2007, 09:56 AM
:laughing: that third pic of helix is too funny :thumbs up

marko
September 2nd, 2007, 10:44 AM
Glasslass - VERY cute shot...but the size of that desk?...what child is small enough...a child the size of a Pez dispenser? LOL.

Rottielover - Cute shot - but Harley doesn't look too happy as a puller. Perhaps you need to bribe him with steak...

Mumx3 - Super-creative lessons there - Love the shots especially the fresh laundry shot.

Cram - super nice pix and creative explanations. I LOVE the shot Helix eating the moth. He looks like he's smiling (the little devil:evil: )

Nice work!

marko

Dracko
September 2nd, 2007, 11:13 AM
Here's Dracko learning that he's too big to fit under the table anymore.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3913/teddy001kj4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

And Ginkgo learning that you can't fax a cat.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/2163/ginkgofax002jf7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

mummummum
September 2nd, 2007, 11:54 AM
You guys crack me up ! I've got tears running down my face ~ they're ALL so funny ~ keep 'em coming !

crazyk1020
September 2nd, 2007, 12:35 PM
FatFat learns that a paper bag is just as nice as a store bought bed. LittlMan learns that even peas are yummy. And they both learn the lesson that "two is better than one" especially when you can beat up on your brother and mummy and daddy don't stop you.

hazelrunpack
September 2nd, 2007, 02:09 PM
What!?! You can't fax a cat!?! Well, hazel is glad someone finally told her! Thanks for the heads-up, Gingko! :laughing:

Crazyk, FatFat and LittleMan are so cute together :lovestruck: I'll bet they're great in motion!

Dracko
September 2nd, 2007, 02:19 PM
Well, I think she might have been trying to do a "cat scan" and hit the fax button by mistake. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
September 2nd, 2007, 02:22 PM
Well, I think she might have been trying to do a "cat scan" and hit the fax button by mistake. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

wdawson
September 2nd, 2007, 06:03 PM
here is felix.

lesson learned....don't hide in a box on moving day:laughing: ...unless you wanna go:sad: :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
September 2nd, 2007, 06:14 PM
Duffy's Lesson Learned: (she caught on real quick with this one :D)

If I tap on the sliding glass door when I don't want out I can sometimes sucker mum into giving me something from the fridge :D cuz she's up anyways :D

hazelrunpack
September 2nd, 2007, 10:46 PM
Is Felix a big fan of traveling, dubyaD? :D He is very handsome... You don't post enough pics of your crew!

And Duffy is such a smartie-pants! :D How often does Mom get suckered in? :laughing:

mummummum
September 2nd, 2007, 11:03 PM
You know ~ I think I've got my own lesson learned! I've figured out why I'm more of a dog-person than a cat-person just based on the pixhere. cats REALLY ENJOY playing head -games with you don't they ?! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
September 2nd, 2007, 11:29 PM
:laughing: Mum doesn't get suckered often enough for Duffy :p :laughing:

mummummum
September 2nd, 2007, 11:31 PM
:laughing: Mum doesn't get suckered often enough for Duffy :p :laughing:

...but often enough that he knows to keep trying !

growler~GateKeeper
September 2nd, 2007, 11:40 PM
Yes she does, even if she gets nothing there's always hope for next time :laughing:

marko
September 3rd, 2007, 05:55 PM
Dracko - Cute shot but Dracko looks disappointed with his discovery. The shot of Ginko also VERY cute!

Crazy1020 - Really cute shots as well. In the last shot they look like they are nuzzling though not fighting...

wdawson - VERY cool angle, another nice shot!

growler - LOVE the bathtub shot...boy that's one smart cat. She has YOU trained really well. LOL.

Keep em coming...

marko
September 3rd, 2007, 05:57 PM
Here's 2 of mine...and this is such a fun challenge that I'll probably get Ziglet to learn other things...

In shot 1 Ziglet learns how to have Espresso with a buddy.

In shot 2 Ziglet learns how to play piano.

wdawson
September 3rd, 2007, 06:27 PM
ha those are great shots.....i love the espresso buddy shot.

Frenchy
September 3rd, 2007, 10:14 PM
Ziglet is such a good model ! :thumbs up :cat:

hazelrunpack
September 3rd, 2007, 10:17 PM
I love the tongue action in the espresso shot, Marko! :thumbs up :D

growler~GateKeeper
September 4th, 2007, 12:44 AM
growler - LOVE the bathtub shot...boy that's one smart cat. She has YOU trained really well. LOL.

heehee silly Marko, the sliding glass door is to the balcony no bathtub there, second shot is the fridge :D

rainbow
September 4th, 2007, 01:12 AM
:laughing: All the pics and captions are absolutely hilarious. :laughing: :D

Keep 'em coming :thumbs up ........

TeriM
September 4th, 2007, 02:37 AM
Awesome pics and lessons learned everyone :lovestruck: .

Marko, I can't believe you got that espresso shot :eek: , hilarious!

Kit'sGirl
September 4th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Vega learns that helping with homework makes her sleepy. And then Vega learns that pretending to be a soda doesn't get her into the house. <3

Frenchy
September 4th, 2007, 10:11 PM
aww Vega is too cute ! :cloud9:

mummummum
September 4th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Vega is such a wee tiny little thing !

hazelrunpack
September 4th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Brier learning that although the Princess-Queen is small, she can be feisty! :D

hazelrunpack
September 4th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Vega learns that helping with homework makes her sleepy.

:laughing: :laughing: Too cute!

rainbow
September 5th, 2007, 03:26 AM
Kit'sGirl, I love the pic of Vega crashed out on her homework. :D

Hazel, great action shot of Briers lesson. :thumbs up

breeze
September 5th, 2007, 09:21 AM
I love all lessons learned. you guys are so creative !! :thumbs up :thumbs up

breeze
September 5th, 2007, 05:06 PM
My turn

Lesson learned : No cookies, No Bree

Lesson Learned : How to pack a dog

hazelrunpack
September 5th, 2007, 05:09 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: The "no cookies" one is a Classic!!!!! :thumbs up :laughing:

Bree really looks proud in her pack! How could anyone think that was a cruel thing to do to her?! She looks like she's really enjoying wearing it! :dog:

breeze
September 5th, 2007, 05:12 PM
We had to do some minor adjustments cause she is not as wide as she should be so the blanket goes under the pack instead of on top now

clm
September 5th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Just what I needed, a good laugh. Great pics everyone, really great.

Cindy

growler~GateKeeper
September 6th, 2007, 01:32 AM
awww :lovestruck: there's the purty grrl Bree :cloud9: looks like she loves the pack :thumbs up

TeriM
September 6th, 2007, 01:53 AM
Baby Lucy learning how to use her litterbox before we moved out of the apartment.

Lucy learning that big dogs can be used for shade when necessary :thumbs up

Puppy Riley and his brother Sam learning that the innocent, cute puppy look will get them away with all sorts of trouble :lovestruck: .
[28631

growler~GateKeeper
September 6th, 2007, 01:58 AM
OMG OMG TeriM those are so cute!! :lovestruck: great lessons :thumbs up
#1 :lovestruck: :cloud9: *sigh* :lovestruck:
#2 very cleaver Lucy
#3 so true :D

TeriM
September 6th, 2007, 02:04 AM
and now for the cats :) .

Baby Fred learning that dog bowls can double as a good place to hang out while getting a drink :rolleyes: .

Desi and Fred learn the best place for a winter sunbeam is in mom's office :lovestruck: .

Bud :rip: learning that when there is no other heat source around a light bulb gives great warmth :cloud9: .

growler~GateKeeper
September 6th, 2007, 02:08 AM
Awww Baby Fred very cute - perhaps he wanted to see if the dogs left anything in the food bowl :D

Window seats are the best :) Clever Bud :lovestruck:

TeriM
September 6th, 2007, 02:10 AM
Thanks growler :) . Bud was a totally heat obsessed cat and could often be found with his face about an inch from the nearest available lightbulb. When we visited my folks he would lay underneath the wood stove :eek: , he'd be so warm you could hardly pick him up but he was in total heaven :lovestruck: .

growler~GateKeeper
September 6th, 2007, 02:13 AM
Mischief my Siamese x would run to the heater as soon as she heard it go on & hog all the heat, her favorite spot was under all the bed covers incl duvet - she would burrow under all by herself :D

TeriM
September 6th, 2007, 02:20 AM
Hehe, I remember that well with Bud. You always had to be careful when you sat down on a bed or anything with a cover because he could often be found waaayyyy down under the cover :cloud9: . He definately got sat on more than a few times :o .

Riluke
September 6th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Luke learns that the lawn mower is not :evil: and it is a lot of fun to mow wtih a friend.

mummummum
September 6th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Riluke ~ I'll bet Luke excels at digging up the garden too !

Ah yes TeriM ~ I remember many a day having to bite my cheeks to stop myself from laughing when giving the grrrl's heck for something all because of the "But I'm Just a Lovable Puppy" Look!

Riluke
September 6th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Riluke ~ I'll bet Luke excels at digging up the garden too !

Noticed that did ya! :laughing: That brown patch used to be sod....now it's a brown patch compliments of my sod eating dog.

breeze
September 6th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Riluke what kind of dog is luke???? just curious

Riluke
September 6th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Riluke what kind of dog is luke???? just curious

I like to call him a Slabstiff :laughing: . He is a mix of Shepherd, Lab and Mastiff. Although a lot of people have thought he was a Leonberger. I had no idea what that was so I had to look it up on the internet. I was really surprised how much he looks like one.

breeze
September 6th, 2007, 11:50 AM
I like to call him a Slabstiff :laughing: . He is a mix of Shepherd, Lab and Mastiff. Although a lot of people have thought he was a Leonberger. I had no idea what that was so I had to look it up on the internet. I was really surprised how much he looks like one.

I thought so too that is why I asked

he is beautiful:lovestruck:

Frenchy
September 6th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Hazel , I loooove the action shot ! :thumbs up

Breeze , :laughing: no cookies / no Bree :laughing: she's too funny

TeriM , puppy Lucy ... omg ! :lovestruck: :cloud9:

Riluke , bring Luke to my place , I need a "mow the lawn" assistant :D

sorry if I forgot anyone , I love all the pictures :thumbs up

chico2
September 6th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Lesson learned: What goes up must come down:laughing:
DADDY GET ME DOWN!!!

hazelrunpack
September 6th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Awww...puppy Lucy! :lovestruck: Cute and smart! Black also absorbs more sunlight so her shade is supercooled! :laughing:

Under the wood stove, Teri!?! :eek: *sizzle* Too hot today to think of that!

Riluke--that brings to mind Brier's reaction to the weedwhacker--he wants to bite it. We have to restrain him so he doesn't get his tongue shredded! :eek: Maybe he and Luke should join forces and set up a lawn-keeping business! :laughing:

Vinnie! :eek: :D

Oh, and here's a picture of Lil Belle learning that Macie's bark is indeed worse than her bite! :p

chico2
September 6th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Love ALL the pics,to many names to remember,I just love looking at pics,period!
Hazel,Vinnie saw something under the eaves,maybe a mouse and just shot up the screen,got stuck and needed help:laughing:

Jim Hall
September 6th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Lesson learned: What goes up must come down:laughing:
DADDY GET ME DOWN!!!

oh geeze my killer cat zippy used to do that all the time
would see something outside and leap on the screen

hazelrunpack
September 6th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Hazel,Vinnie saw something under the eaves,maybe a mouse and just shot up the screen,got stuck and needed help:laughing:

Vinnie made it a lot further up the screen than Brier did when he went after the squirrel! :eek: 60 pounds of dog...sort of went through instead of up! :laughing: :o :eek:

chico2
September 6th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Well,Vinnie is almost 18lbs....I've changed that screen soooo many times,even now I have a piece of duct-tape on it,very attractive:laughing:

Jim,Vinnie was outside with us,I think he saw a mouse somewhere in the vine on the house..

breeze
September 6th, 2007, 05:32 PM
with cats "where there is a will, there is a way" :laughing: :D

mummummum
September 6th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Hazel ~ Lil Belle and Macie look like they';re having a good "dish" session!

Chico ~ OMD! I'm waiting for the whole door to teeter off it's hinges.:eek:

Kit'sGirl
September 6th, 2007, 09:49 PM
TeriM I love Bud and the lamp. <3 so cuute!
Chico2 Hehe. ^^ How adorable.

TMac
September 6th, 2007, 09:53 PM
HazelRun and Chico2...those pics made me laugh right out loud!!!! :D :laughing: I love this thread!!

Frenchy
September 6th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Oh, and here's a picture of Lil Belle learning that Macie's bark is indeed worse than her bite! :p

:laughing: she is trying the fit the whole head in her mouth !

Chico2 , Paddington likes to climb the screens too :frustrated:

hazelrunpack
September 6th, 2007, 10:53 PM
:laughing: she is trying the fit the whole head in her mouth !

:o Yeah...and then there's this picture that just came back today: Brier learning that try as he might, he just can't swallow Grace whole! Or maybe it should be "Grace learning that try as she might, she just can't swallow Brier whole! :laughing:

mummummum
September 6th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Ooooooooo Gracie and Brier sittin' in a tree, k.i.s.s.i.n.G :laughing: Looks like the "throws" of passion to me!

hazelrunpack
September 6th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Ooooooooo Gracie and Brier sittin' in a tree, k.i.s.s.i.n.G :laughing: Looks like the "throws" of passion to me!

It's maneuvers like that that give poor Gracie sore arms! :laughing:

mummummum
September 6th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Hmmmm...maybe it's time to have THE chat with Gracie. I mean you did mention in the TJT that she fell off the bed... do you know for a fact that she was ahem.. alone at the time????

hazelrunpack
September 6th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Hmmmm...maybe it's time to have THE chat with Gracie. I mean you did mention in the TJT that she fell off the bed... do you know for a fact that she was ahem.. alone at the time????

:laughing: :laughing: With 8 dogs, mummummum, one is never alone in our house! :laughing: :laughing:

mika140
September 7th, 2007, 12:04 AM
Mika learning why the goldfish aren't afraid of her.........and that the dog might be a better playmate :)

hazelrunpack
September 7th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Mika learning why the goldfish aren't afraid of her.........and that the dog might be a better playmate :)

Mika lives dangerously! :D She looks so feisty in that second picture! :laughing:

mika140
September 7th, 2007, 12:15 AM
She is quite feisty at times.....but since that photo she's also learned respect for larger animals ;)

rainbow
September 7th, 2007, 02:03 AM
These pics are all so cute and I love all the captions. :D

marko
September 7th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Kit'sGirl - That's such a sweet sleepy photo and the soda can shot is equally cute - Yay cats!

Hazelrunpack - Love the action in your shot!

Breeze, Love those shots of Bree especially the first shot. That picture really is worth a thousand words.

TeriM - Love the lessons learned, especially the shade pic....the shade provided by the black lab and Bud's :rip: head in the lampshade
Soooo cute!

Riluke - wow what a beautiful puppy Luke is - what a looker!

Chico2 - that shot is simply hilarious - :thumbs up

mika140 - I just love it when cats think they can out tease a dog (they usually can)

breeze
September 7th, 2007, 11:46 AM
Tanks Marko,

it's hard to get her to do things without cookies sometimes :D
and other times no problems...... females !! :D :laughing: :laughing:
got to love them

and I thought it was only males you could bribe with food,

Frenchy
September 7th, 2007, 07:00 PM
mika140 - I just love it when cats think they can out tease a dog (they usually can)

Paddington learning that he doesn't need cat toys here ...

Frenchy
September 7th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Bailey learning to ignore annoying cat :laughing:

jiorji
September 7th, 2007, 07:19 PM
LOL i love all the pics..

Chico...HAHAH i can see the daddy is SOOOOO worried about his boy falling off that he'd rather take pics first:laughing:

mummummum
September 7th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Jeepers Frenchy ~ Paddington has come along way since his early days. And isn't he lucky Bailey is such a patient and gentle soul (or we might be seeing "Bailey learns cats can be sat on" :eek:) ?

hazelrunpack
September 7th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Yeah, Frenchy--talk about Paddington coming out of his shell! :cat: :laughing: (Go Paddy! :D)

JanM
September 7th, 2007, 09:13 PM
OMG - what wonderful pictures and captions! I love every one of them but Helix made me laugh out loud - eating a moth!

breeze
September 7th, 2007, 09:16 PM
OMG - what wonderful pictures and captions! I love every one of them but Helix made me laugh out loud - eating a moth!

that one is priceless

shredy
September 7th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Shades learns lessons about the ocean. She grew up with fresh water lakes, rivers, and streams...

She learns that waves can be fun and can be scary

and she learns that salt water makes her very thirsty!!

shredy
September 7th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Shade never let a man into her bed before Willie (neighbors border collie), She learned how to fall in love, they were always inseperable...

Then she learned that she could watch everything going on in the neighborhood from the back of Dad's truck so after our car rides she would hang back there...

I miss her every second, and wanted to share some of her pics with everyone

Frenchy
September 7th, 2007, 11:08 PM
and wanted to share some of her pics with everyone

Oh and please continue !!! The picture with her boyfriend is too cute ! :cloud9:

shredy
September 7th, 2007, 11:30 PM
ok, you ask and you shall receive...

She learned that it's fun to play with Willie in the snow, cuz he gets dingle berries in his fur and she didn't

and she also learned that if you dig long enough you can find pinecones in the snow

shredy
September 7th, 2007, 11:32 PM
She learned that when water freezes, you can walk on it, but be careful cuz its slippery

and she learned that snowshoeing with mom is fun...

Frenchy
September 7th, 2007, 11:34 PM
The pine cone one is priceless , and you 2 walking in the woods too ! :thumbs up

shredy
September 7th, 2007, 11:35 PM
I learned a lesson this time, I really love close ups of her face...

She loved to roll in the snow, when she found a hill she could wriggle for a while and she would slide to the bottom on her back, get up, run to the top and do it again! When we hiked in the summers, we would come across patches of snow, and she would sprint to them and in one graceful motion roll to her back and wriggle her way along...

Frenchy
September 7th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Jeepers Frenchy ~ Paddington has come along way since his early days.

We have created a monster ! He is ruling the house ! (but is Monsieur le chat's equal , I think they had a talk! )

shredy , Shade looked like she really loved the snow , my Daisy did too !

shredy
September 7th, 2007, 11:53 PM
Frenchy, I love the pics of your Bailey, how patient he is... and yes, Shade loved the snow. She would wake us up early when it was snowing outside, whining because she wanted fresh tracks in the snow before any other dogs got out there! :pawprint: It still hurts a little remembering all the good times, but it is nice at the same time. I only wish we had digital cameras when she was a baby, oh she was cute :cloud9:

chico2
September 8th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Frenchy,wow,Paddy adjusted quickly,great:thumbs up
Shredy,whenever you feel like showing pics of Shade,go ahead,it seems she had a wonderful life and was a wonderful dog and of course you still miss her,but sharing her happy life with us,might help:dog:

mika140
September 8th, 2007, 09:49 AM
I love the close-up of her face with the mountains in the background....what a beautiful pic :)

hazelrunpack
September 8th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Shade was a wonderful girl, Shredy. :lovestruck: She was lucky to have all those adventures with you. :grouphug:

I love snowshoeing with the dogs! Only mine won't stay off the tails of the shoes! :laughing: Makes me fall over so they can lick my face! :dog:

mummummum
September 8th, 2007, 05:18 PM
The pictures of Shade are all brilliant Shredy but I specially love the B&W action shot at the beach!

shredy
September 8th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Thanks everyone, I loved her so much, and she was such a great friend to me. I'm really glad you all enjoy looking at her pics, I think she is the most beautiful dog I have ever seen :cloud9:

Cram
September 8th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Mika140: Your Mika looks so much like my Ella!

I didn't have a great Ella pic, but this one is cute :)

Ella learns that pink nails make her appear less evil:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/candice_jackel/IMG_1549.jpg

Sam (who looks like Dracko's Gingko) learns that sinks are the perfect place to curl up in:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/candice_jackel/IMG_1472.jpg

TeriM
September 9th, 2007, 02:53 AM
Wonderful pics :cloud9:. Who knew we all had such clever pets :rolleyes::D.

marko
September 9th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Frenchy - those are some more cute pix with cute lessons!

shredy - wow many beautiful pictures and lessons. I LOVE the ice and showy shots. It seems like it is getting ever so slightly easier for you and that's good. I still have MANY pictures of Zak that I can't bring myself to post....soon though.

Cram - such cute pictures. Pink nails too cute. (gotta hide this thread from carmy (wifey)) or she'll do the same to poor Ziglet - He HATES having his feet touched. Cute sink shot as well!

Love the pics and lessons everyone! Great job. :thumbs up

Marko

meg4050
September 9th, 2007, 01:11 PM
I know I've posted these already somewhere but I thought they suited the subject :)

Romeo learns that if he tries hard enough he can fit in the box, but maybe he should upgrade to something bigger or lose a bit of weight! :laughing:

I miss him and Barkley :sad:

meg4050
September 9th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Barkley learns that in a big family, he has to learn to share the Christmas turkey scraps with his visiting friends, or sit extra well so he gets chosen for treats ;)

rainbow
September 9th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Frenchy, Bailey and Paddy both learning different things from the same lesson....too cute. :D

Shredy, I love all the pics of Shade especially the beach ones and the snowshoeing one. :lovestruck:

Cram, Ellas pink toenails are so cute and I love the sink pic. :cloud9:

Meg4050, I love the third pic of Romeo :cloud9:

mika140
September 10th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Great pics! Very entertaining :)

Cram - Your Ella & my Mika do look alike....very similar coloring, and eyes. I might be biased, but what a fine looking cat Ella is :D

These are a couple more pics of Mika.......she's learning that it's ok to be vulnerable sometimes ;)

mika140
September 10th, 2007, 04:18 PM
And I couldn't leave Heidi out......

She's learned that toys must be guarded closely at all times......can't let that feisty Mika try to sneak one away ;)

hazelrunpack
September 10th, 2007, 10:06 PM
:laughing: Guarding the toys! Good job, Heidi! :thumbs up I think they're safe!

The sleeping shot of Mika is just precious! :cloud9:

meg, it looks like Barkley was a Master of the Perfect Sit when it comes to Turkney nibbles :D And Romeo in the box is just too cute! :lovestruck:

chico2
September 11th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Mika140,both Mika and Heidi are soo beautiful,great pics:thumbs up

rainbow
September 11th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Awww....Heidi is all tuckered out from guarding her toys :lovestruck: and Mika is so adorable in the sleeping pic. :cloud9:

mika140
September 13th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks....they're a very entertaining duo :D

I love seeing everyone's pics.....having a theme makes sharing them so much more fun too :goodvibes:

marko
September 14th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Meg4050 - very funny shots - nice selection!
Mika140 - Some more cuties...deliciously cute. LOVE the last shot of Mika sleeping and of Heidi sleeping.

want4rain
September 17th, 2007, 08:26 AM
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/LessonLearned1.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/LessonLearned2.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/LessonLearned3.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/LessonLearned4.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/LessonLearned5.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k98/waqnt4rain/LessonLearned6.jpg

lesson learned??? Hunter will stare at the wall for a long time.

-ashley

chico2
September 17th, 2007, 08:55 AM
W4R,great pics so typical..
The BIG kitty with the fluffy tail looks absolutely gorgeous:lovestruck:

rainbow
September 17th, 2007, 06:03 PM
lesson learned??? Hunter will stare at the wall for a long time.

-ashley

:laughing: :laughing: ....too funny. :D

Is the humungous cat the one you call "Baby" Girl? :D

want4rain
September 17th, 2007, 09:18 PM
you know, until we started the raw thing, Baby Girl was our littlest kitty!! weighing in between 9 and 10lbs!

ive been trying to get a really good picture of the red highlights in her fur. she seems to be a big hit every time i get pics of her up but really, pics dont do her justice!

while her name is Baby Girl at the vet, we really call her Moofiekins, Girlums, Poof Moof, The Puffy One, The Floofums, Yum Yumms, Licious, Vicious Lovie Kins Of Doom... or any combination thereof.... :o

-ashley

chico2
September 18th, 2007, 04:30 PM
W4R,we like to see some more pic's ok!!

rainbow
September 19th, 2007, 05:59 PM
:laughing: Floofums.....I love it. :D

She is gorgeous and I love her tail :cloud9: ......I think you need to post lots more pics of her. :lovestruck:

Ford Girl
September 22nd, 2007, 05:11 PM
Sorry I'm late on this one...

Lesson Learned....Digging has it's consequesnces. :crazy:

mika140
September 22nd, 2007, 05:17 PM
Great pics....what a beautiful and very entertaining pup you have (and perhaps a little mischievous) :thumbs up

rainbow
September 22nd, 2007, 07:28 PM
I've never seen a dog that loves mud so much. Does Dazy have her own supply of towels? :D

Ford Girl
September 23rd, 2007, 12:21 PM
Yes, she sure is...mischivious :evil:..and so darn cute while she's at it...:cloud9:

Yes, she has her own towels and blankets, tones of them, 2 at the back door, in the car, outside in the shed, near the front porch, she is forever dirty....she knows it to, she sees us coming with a towel and sits and gives paw without asking. Cracks me up!

roccoisus
September 23rd, 2007, 12:51 PM
First I just want to say thank you all for the giggles this morning :laughing: All the pictures are great

Boo-boo bird learns that some cats are safe
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/chickensrus/DSC00003.jpg

Rocco learns that if he sleeps in the sink long enough he will get fresh water
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/chickensrus/sink.jpg

Asia learns it really is a good thing to stop and smell the roses
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/chickensrus/asiaandroses.jpg

rainbow
September 23rd, 2007, 02:57 PM
Yes, she has her own towels and blankets, tones of them, 2 at the back door, in the car, outside in the shed, near the front porch, she is forever dirty....she knows it to, she sees us coming with a towel and sits and gives paw without asking. Cracks me up!

:laughing: :laughing:

rainbow
September 23rd, 2007, 03:00 PM
Roccoisus, cute pics....now I know which one is Rocco and his moms name. :D

rainbow
September 23rd, 2007, 03:33 PM
Even though all the pics I've posted so far are crappy, I just had to get in on this. :laughing: Again, I apologize for the disposable camera quality. :o

This is Logan learning how to give raspberries. :p

mika140
September 24th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Roccoisus - great pics....looks like you have some very happy critters :thumbs up Doesn't look like you're getting the sink back anytime soon though :laughing:

Rainbow - Logan's raspberry :laughing::crazy: Looks like a beautiful pup....would love to see more pics.

rainbow
September 26th, 2007, 12:56 AM
Rainbow - Logan's raspberry :laughing::crazy: Looks like a beautiful pup....would love to see more pics.

Well since you asked :o ....

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=44775

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=44865

mika140
September 28th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Kool pics.....what stunning puppies :thumbs up

Frenchy
September 28th, 2007, 08:45 PM
This is Logan learning how to give raspberries. :p

:laughing: And he's so good at it too ! :thumbs up

mummummum
September 28th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Yeah Rainbow ~ what did you do to deserve :p that??

Very sweet kitties Roccoisus ~ please don't hesitate to post more !

Fordgirl ~ my Tai loved mud as much as Dazy ~ from head to toe. Unfortunately she was very long-haired and white :eek: She had thirty towels to my one. :rolleyes:

rainbow
September 28th, 2007, 11:49 PM
:laughing: And he's so good at it too ! :thumbs up

He learns well from his mom. :laughing: