Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Maintaining Records for a Rescue??? Help!!!!

Scurry
August 20th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Hi, folks. I am working with a 501c3 pit rescue in Virginia and could use some help. We currently have about 30 dogs in various foster homes and courtesy list another 15-20 dogs.

Right now, we are using Pet Point (www.petpoint.com) as our system of record for our pet medical, adoption, foster, etc. records. I have to be honest. I work for a large financial institution and do a lot of work on database and website design and Pet Point is one of the worst databases I have ever come across from a usability perspective. Firstly, there's way too many fields, it's not intuitive, you have to re-enter data constantly and there's a host of other problems. Regardless, it is free and we appreciate their willingness to support rescues in general, so I will refrain from any further complaints.

Anyhow, I was curious to know whether anyone had any other databases that they have found useful and easy to use and maintain with their rescues.

Any help is appreciated!!!!!!!

mummummum
August 21st, 2007, 04:29 AM
I don't work in rescues or fosters but I used to maintain records for my union local and found Dbase really useful and easy to learn and manipulate.