Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hazel flooding in WI??

chico2
August 20th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Hazel,I saw the awful flooding in WI,hope you your family and doggies are nowhere near there:pray:

hazelrunpack
August 20th, 2007, 09:16 AM
We're good, Chico. :thumbs up Thanks for asking.

We got over 6.5 inches here ( over 18 cm--but then the rain guage overflowed so not sure of the actual total :shrug:), but no major flooding. We're about 90 - 100 miles (roughly 160 km) from the where the worst of it begins. They've had over 4 inches (10 cm) per day for a few days now down near La Crosse--and parts of Iowa have had it even worse. SE Minnesota is also getting hammered. More is predicted through week--there might get a break toward the weekend... :eek:

We were so dry that it took almost 3 inches of that before the ground got squishy, so we needed it. Although there was too much, it came down for the first 24 hours as a beneficial soaking rain, so in the end, around here at least, it did more benefit than harm. Pray for the people further south though! :pray:

Frenchy
August 20th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Are you sure you don't want me to rent a U-Haul to go and get the setters , you know , just in case ..... :rolleyes:

rainbow
August 20th, 2007, 02:04 PM
A U-Haul??? :eek: .....that's not good enough for the setters. :lovestruck:

Glad everything is okay at your place Hazel. :thumbs up Hope there's not too much damage to the folks south of you. :fingerscr :pray:

chico2
August 20th, 2007, 04:53 PM
Frenchy I'll come along,I adore those doggies:lovestruck:
But seriously,I saw some of the flooding,absolutely horrendous..
I saw a dog swimming in the water and a man in a boat trying desperatly to hold on to a squirmy cat,OMG what some people have to endure,we are very lucky.
Hazel,did not know where you lived,but I am glad you and your crew are nowhere near there..

krdahmer
August 20th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Glad to hear you and your crew are alright.... and send my :pray: s to those that are getting hit with all that. Especially the :cat: :dog:

hazelrunpack
August 20th, 2007, 05:34 PM
The last weather report I saw said that they're going to get hit again tonight :sad: They just can't get a break...

We're supposed to get more tonight, too, but we haven't had as much so it won't be as damaging here. If it gets too bad, we'll all get in the Ark and float north. We won't have internet on the Ark, though, so the only warning you'll get upon our arrival is a ton of barking. :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: and, of course, :dog:

:p