Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hurricane Dean

mummummum
August 20th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Positive thoughts to all our human and animal friends in countries affected by Hurricane Dean.

chico2
August 20th, 2007, 07:33 AM
Yes,for sure:pray:
We are worried about my husbands sister and family who live on the french island Martinique,can't reach them,but power is out,probably the same with phone:pray:

hazelrunpack
August 20th, 2007, 08:19 AM
:fingerscr, crossed :pawprint:s, :goodvibes: and :pray: that you get in touch soon, Chico! :grouphug:

katemtl
August 20th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Family and friends are in Haiti, and it hit them yesterday. Wasn't too bad(as bad as expected) extremely hard rains and very windy. I know it's hitting(or hit) Jamaica and some other islands much worse//hopefully the islands have found peace now.

mummummum
August 21st, 2007, 04:30 AM
Category 5 hurricane (255 Kilometre per hour winds :eek:) hit Belize and is making a run for the Yucatan and all of the south eastern coast of Mexico now. :goodvibes: :fingerscr

chico2
August 21st, 2007, 07:10 AM
We still have no contact with Martinique,all we've heard is that ALL the crop of bananas and sugarcanes(rum-production)are gone for this year.
My SIL and family live in a very sturdy house,bricks and mortar,concret roof,I am sure they are ok..
It's the poorer natives and their badly built homes that usually suffer the most.

Frenchy
August 21st, 2007, 11:42 AM
It's the poorer natives and their badly built homes that usually suffer the most.

They said some barely just finished building / repairing the damages from the last storm.... :sad: these people own so little and now this. :sad:

I feel very lucky right now.