Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Need name for my new pal

Miss_Criss
August 19th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Hi
(I'm new here)
I just brought this pretty one home from the shelter. That is where I found my last cat, which I had for 12 years. It was pretty devastating when she went but I'm ready for a new pet now.
Trouble is, I can't ever come up with names! My last cat never had one (she didn't listen, anyway).

So, I'm entertaining suggestions for names for this one.
I'm not sure of the personality yet. Pretty laid back (at the shelter, my 7-year old nephew picked her up by the waist, upside down, and she still purred and licked his face). She's not much interested in playing, but is very affectionate. She follows me around like a puppy and meows a lot, but I think that's still because of the transition from the shelter to here. I don't know how old she is, but there is a vet visit next week.

I don't like "cute" names, like Boots or Fluffy and she doesn't seem to suit funny names. Unfortunately, my nephew suggested "thunderpants" so that's sticking in my mind now. Help!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0703/quiss/misc/cat2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0703/quiss/misc/cat1.jpg

cpietra16
August 19th, 2007, 11:19 AM
ooooo... she looks like my kitty who went missing while we were moving from BC to MTL.Got out of the car somewhere in Ontario.
Her name was misty. We called her Misty Mist.
I'm sure if you wait long enough people on this site have great names to offer. I'm sure by the end of the day you'll have a name. Congrats:thumbs up on your new addition.

mummummum
August 19th, 2007, 11:19 AM
She is absolutely lovely, very chic looking ! Oh..and welcome to pets.ca ! :laughing: I would suggest you post a thread in General or On topic with her pix ~ bel;ieve me you will get INUNDATED with responses. (We need to get Miss Thunderpants" out of our minds !!! :D )

Miss_Criss
August 19th, 2007, 12:24 PM

Cpietra, this cat was found in Ontario, north of Peterborough.

When did you lose your Misty? Weirder things happen.

So far, recognizable traits would be the ability to open kitchen cupboard doors and a disinterest in people-food.

hazelrunpack
August 19th, 2007, 12:29 PM
She looks very all-knowing and all-seeing to me.... She looks like a Sibyl (a famous oracle) or an Isis... :cat:

She really is very pretty :lovestruck: She looks so velvety!

cpietra16
August 19th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Hi Miss Criss. It sure sounds like my Misty, however my kitty also had a tattoo in her ear. Unless tattoos dissappear it should be there. Misty also had this thing about drinking milk out of glass by using her paws..I could only wish this cat could actually be Misty, but misty is also 15 years old so even though I still am hoping that some day I could see her again, I'm starting to face the reality that it won't happen.
I could only wish that she foundsomeone like you to look after her..:pray:

oops I almost forgot to tell you that my husband thinks that she got out somewhere near North Bay...which is a little too far north from where your's was found...than again she may have just travelled south...:rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
August 19th, 2007, 12:36 PM
oh, and where are hazel's manners??? Welcome to the forum! :o

kiara
August 19th, 2007, 12:56 PM
She is beautiful and lucky that you adopted her from the shelter. She looks regal, I would call her "Cleopatra". Enjoy her and maybe later she would like a cat friend?

Jim Hall
August 19th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Her coloring reminds me of fog or mist coming off a lake

vapour? effusion? bruma or bruma or brouillard

rainbow
August 20th, 2007, 02:20 AM
Welcome to pets.ca :thumbs up Your kitty is very pretty. :lovestruck: I once had a cat that colour....her name was Samantha. :cat:

If you google "cat names" you will get a kajillion sites to check out. :D

mspeas
August 20th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Pretty kitty. She looks like a "Wisp of Smoke" so Wisp or Smoke might do! :cat:

Goldyy
August 21st, 2007, 11:54 AM
Welcome Miss_Criss !! Google is were i found a name for my kitty, my dogs name is Ringo and i wanted to call my cat Star but thought that was a bit corny so i googled words for star and came up with Chaska (Inca name meaning star)...i wish you luck in finding the perfect name...she realy is a BEAUTY!! ...let us know what you choose :)

clm
August 21st, 2007, 02:58 PM
She is beautiful. I like Cleo myself.
Welcome!

Cindy

mummummum
August 21st, 2007, 04:12 PM
Ariel or Arabella would be my two suggestions.