Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

welcoming gracie to Hazelrunpack pack

breeze
August 19th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Just wanted to welcome Gracie to the Hazelrunpack house hold.
She fits right in with her coloring.. :laughing: hope she has a beautiful and fun stay with Hazel and her pack

maybe she will stay for ever you never know stay tuned for more adventures of Amazing Grace
I wonder what color toothbruch she will have???? :D

Frenchy
August 19th, 2007, 10:35 AM
I can't wait to see more pics of her ! :cloud9:

wdawson
August 19th, 2007, 11:00 AM
yes more pics are needed of her.....not that we can tell which one is her.
hazel could really pull a fast one on us:laughing:

mummummum
August 19th, 2007, 11:16 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/lights/4.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/lights/4.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/1.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/8.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/8.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/1.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/lights/5.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/lights/5.gif

Welcome Gracie!

hazelrunpack
August 19th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Awww....Amazing Grace says, "Thanks"! :dog:

I'll repost a picture or two from the TJT here cuz I don't have any others, yet... :rolleyes: :D There will be more later--hazel bought 2 5-packs of film and hopes it will be enough :laughing:

28154 28153

When it gets sunny, of course, I'll try to get some video, too. She moves a lot like Macie...and she's fast! Those little legs really move!!!!

She's only the size of a big beagle--about 33 pounds! We have to use a puppy collar for her until we can get her a new one--the one we bought for her is way too big. She's our smallest lap-dog ever! :laughing:

krdahmer
August 19th, 2007, 01:09 PM
OOOOOh she's soooo pretty.... I can't wait till we can add dogs to our house!

hazelrunpack
August 19th, 2007, 01:55 PM
OOOOOh she's soooo pretty.... I can't wait till we can add dogs to our house!

I'd like to add some cats, but with a setter's prey drive being what it is, hazel has decided it's probably not a good idea to add felines... :o I'd sure like to, though---nothin' like a cat purring in your lap :cloud9:

rainbow
August 19th, 2007, 02:04 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/4.gif to Gracie !!!

She is absolutely gorgeous :cloud9: and is a great addition to the Seven Wonders. :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
August 19th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Thanks, rainbow. We're thinking of switching the name to "Eight is Enough". :D

hazelrunpack
August 19th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Dogs with animated tongues, psychedelic fireworks, bubbly fishies....where do you guys find all this stuff? :confused: It's just too :cool:! :D

rainbow
August 19th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Dogs with animated tongues, psychedelic fireworks, bubbly fishies....where do you guys find all this stuff? :confused: It's just too :cool:! :D

Mine and MX3s are from www.bestsmileys.com

rainbow
August 19th, 2007, 02:39 PM

ahem.....You and Daddyrunpack cannot commit yourselves to that. :eek: I much prefer Gracie and the Seven Wonders of Hazelrunpack. :D

rainbow
August 19th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Oh no, wait....how about "Eight is Never Enough" at Hazelrunpack? :D

Misery's company
August 19th, 2007, 03:03 PM
She is so beautiful!!! She looks very smart!

breeze
August 19th, 2007, 04:20 PM

does this mean what I think it means :D :D (more adventures) :dog:

jawert1
August 19th, 2007, 04:32 PM
She's so pretty and looks as though she fits in well Hazel, CONGRATS!!! :highfive:

dogwalker
August 19th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Congrats Hazel! She's a beauty!! She's got some intense eyes on her. And she's cocking her head as if she is listening to you. Oh, I can see this is gonna be a hard first test on the fostering! :cloud9:

luckypenny
August 19th, 2007, 07:48 PM
In the 2nd photo, Grace is saying with relief, "Thank you Mommy and Daddy."

I'm so happy for you Hazelrunpack, but I'm even happier for Grace ;) .

hazelrunpack
August 19th, 2007, 07:53 PM
I think it's going to be a losing battle, this fostering... :yell: How do you guys do it!!!!????? aaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!

:sorry: :o Just had to get that out... hazel is better now... :eek:

I still can't get over how teeny she is. This picture shows it a little better--but you really notice it when she and Brier are tussling. I hope to get some pics of that tomorrow--she and Brier seem to remember each other and get along famously, as long as Grace doesn't have a zoomie... If she starts running, the whole Pack takes off after her. Must be kinda intimidating looking behind and seeing a posse of 7 behind her! :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

Anyway, here's the picture--she's fourth from the back.

She doesn't have her adult coat yet, so between the short coat and the small size she still looks so puppyish! Acts a little puppyish, too--likes to gum gently at fingers.

Our biggest worry right now, though, is that we're having a really hard time coaxing her to eat! She's got great energy, her stools are good, she's peeing regularly, and she seems pretty happy, but she just doesn't want to eat... Go figure. :rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
August 19th, 2007, 07:56 PM
oh, and rainbow? Considering hazel's weak will and lack of fortitude...your name choices are not helping!!!! :p

:laughing:

dogwalker--has Winston checked out the newsletter, yet? :dog:

Frenchy
August 19th, 2007, 08:43 PM
She is tiny compare to the others :lovestruck: :cloud9: don't worry about her eating , she's settling in right now. I'm sure playing with the others will make her very very hungry soon. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
August 19th, 2007, 08:46 PM
She is tiny compare to the others :lovestruck: :cloud9: don't worry about her eating , she's settling in right now. I'm sure playing with the others will make her very very hungry soon. :thumbs up

She's always on the move--exploring, zooming, taking it to Brier :D

I wouldn't worry so much about the not eating so soon after arriving, but she seems to be losing weight already and she's such a tiny thing! :eek:

Frenchy
August 19th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Maybe she wants satin balls :D ohhh , her and Brier , they must be so cute playing together !

hazelrunpack
August 19th, 2007, 09:27 PM
We finally got her to eat with the help of Ms. Yogurt. Then she celebrated by having her first potty accident in the kitchen right afterward. :D So much like a puppy!

dogwalker
August 19th, 2007, 09:34 PM
dogwalker--has Winston checked out the newsletter, yet? :dog: [/SIZE]

Hazel Thanks!! :D Yes, I see a wee cutie in your newsletter.....Love your hole digging stories and the crazy photo on page 6. Almost looks rabid!:eek:

Gracie is a smart doggie! Already holding out for the good stuff you have stashed away!:D

H.P.
August 19th, 2007, 09:40 PM
She is such a cutie pie!

hazelrunpack
August 19th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Thanks! Grace is a cutey, H.P....and she loves to be reminded of it! :dog: She's a great cuddler, too. :thumbs up :cloud9:

That picture of Lil Belle was rather frightening, wasn't it, dogwalker? :laughing: She really gets into her digging. :p

dogwalker
August 19th, 2007, 09:58 PM
I love her name too. Amazing Grace. I start singing, "Amazing grace, how sweet the sound!":dog: :dog: Brings back memories of going with my grandmother to church. fond of those old gospel songs :angel:

hazelrunpack
August 19th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Amazing Grace
How sweet the hound
Who came to Hazel Run....

She once was lost,
But now she's found.
Tomorrow, she'll have fun :thumbs up

:D hazel's been singin' it all day. (It's raining heavily or Grace would've had more fun today!)

mummummum
August 19th, 2007, 11:42 PM
:laughing: I think we better set DubyaD up as our in-house bookie to start taking odds on whether you're going to last as a "foster" parent. :D

rainbow
August 20th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Amazing Grace
How sweet the hound
Who came to Hazel Run....

She once was lost,
But now she's found.
Tomorrow, she'll have fun :thumbs up

:D hazel's been singin' it all day. (It's raining heavily or Grace would've had more fun today!)

:laughing: :laughing: I love the lyrics. :D

Gracie has found her forever home. :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
August 20th, 2007, 02:15 AM
................start taking odds on whether you're going to last as a "foster" parent. :D

OMG I was thinkin' the same thing Mx3!!!!
I say by end of Monday Hazel Run Mum & Dad have decided to keep her :p

http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/3.gif Gracie you sure are a cutie :cloud9: be sure to make fast bonded friends of all the pack members so they can never let you go :D

dogwalker
August 20th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Great lyrics!!! Let's have more please!! :D But maybe Grace needs to be at Hazelrun LONGER for these to develop.....

"Through many dangers, toils, and snares,....."

Waiting eagerly for pics!!! Lap pics, zoomie pics, smooching pics, .....:dog:

dogwalker
August 20th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Here's my try:
Through many rains,......

hazelrunpack
August 20th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Here's my try:
Through many rains,......

You got that right! We had over 6.5 inches (over 17 cm) before the rain guage overflowed this weekend with more to come today. No flooding here but further south it's pretty grim. How about in MO, dogwalker? Are you getting any of this?

dogwalker
August 20th, 2007, 08:58 AM
It's been very hot and dry, so the little rain we got yesterday was great! It was enough to wet things down some, and the air is cooler now.

hazelrunpack
August 20th, 2007, 09:10 AM
We needed it badly, too--and the first 2.5 inches came down as a steady, slow, beneficial rain, so that's good! Last night it was so heavy, though, that the dogs wouldn't even go out under an umbrella! :eek: (So Grace rechristened the floor...luckily, her preferred indoor peeing surface is linoleum :D)

I don't think Grace is any bigger than Winston at this point, dogwalker! She's just a wee little girl! :D Very cute. :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
August 20th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Likely, when I get more video and some stills for her very own introductory thread, I'll post this again there. But I just wanted to give you a little taste of Grace. She truly is amazing. :lovestruck:

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=995554

The big brute is the other newbie, Esquire Brier. They seem to remember each other--they play a lot. And lately, Grace has taken to wrapping her arms around grumpy King Ember's neck and head wrasslin' with him :eek: He's actually been pretty tolerant of it...

Not sure if they'll all still be so tolerant once they figure out she's not really a puppy anymore. :D

wdawson
August 20th, 2007, 05:09 PM
:laughing: I think we better set DubyaD up as our in-house bookie to start taking odds on whether you're going to last as a "foster" parent. :D

i was offering 20-1 odds that hazel will will be a succesfull foster....had to back out of that offer,seems everyone wanted that action...they have no faith in you hazel:laughing:

great video:thumbs up she looks so settled in her AHEM home:laughing:

Frenchy
August 20th, 2007, 08:40 PM
Not sure if they'll all still be so tolerant once they figure out she's ......

.....staying forever ? :laughing:

hazelrunpack
August 20th, 2007, 09:04 PM
:p

:o Actually, we've decided to give it a week :o and if the little waif still is tickling our heart strings as strongly :o, we'll probably just adopt her outright... :o :o

No moral fortitude. :sad:

So I guess hazel won't be fostering in the future...(we'll be full up :crazy:)

Course, there's always the chance that she'll be a little :evil: all week and we'll be happy to find her a home away...ya think? :D not likely, hazel :o

breeze
August 20th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Course, there's always the chance that she'll be a little :evil: all week and we'll be happy to find her a home away...ya think? :D not likely, hazel :o

actually they are all little :evil: but we love them anyway :D I never could understand how people can foster then give them to a forever home.. for me it would be much to hard :cry:

Frenchy
August 20th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Course, there's always the chance that she'll be a little :evil: all week and we'll be happy to find her a home away...

Oh yes , right right , I can see that happening http://bestsmileys.com/wink/1.gif

hazelrunpack
August 20th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Oh yes , right right , I can see that happening http://bestsmileys.com/wink/1.gif

yeah...that's what I was afraid of... :o :rolleyes:

breeze
August 20th, 2007, 09:18 PM
I think it was your intention all along and you where never going to give her up... it was all a fasade :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Frenchy
August 20th, 2007, 09:18 PM
yeah...that's what I was afraid of... :o :rolleyes:

Don't put too much pressure on yourself. You are fostering her right now , you can change your mind whenever, maybe you'll find that 8 is too many ? And that would be ok too you know.

hazelrunpack
August 20th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Don't put too much pressure on yourself. You are fostering her right now , you can change your mind whenever, maybe you'll find that 8 is too many ? And that would be ok too you know.

Thanks, Frenchy. :o You're right. And a week should be long enough to tell... Eight is a lot...at least, the living room is looking really crowded right now! :cloud9: :lovestruck: But how delicious! :p

Frenchy
August 20th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Share the wealth Hazel :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
August 20th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Gracie looks great. WOW she looks so tiny next to Brier!

hazelrunpack
August 20th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Gracie looks great. WOW she looks so tiny next to Brier!

She is tiny! She's only half the size of Cole! :eek: She really does look like a puppy! :lovestruck:

JanM
August 20th, 2007, 10:33 PM
I somehow missed this thread - can't imagine how because I just knew that the 7-pack must become and 8-pack :laughing: She is a sweetie! Hope her forever home has been found..

dogwalker
August 21st, 2007, 09:52 AM
Grace is a lively one! The switch-a-roo happened so fast with the toys I had to play it back to catch it! She looks like she is enjoying life to the fullest. Such a joy to see that.

About fostering, maybe you could PRETEND you are fostering a little longer, even if 8 is not too many. That would give you an idea of what it feels like to foster, though I admit I have never fostered so I have no idea whether this is good advice or not. Another thing to consider is whether you are fostering Brier or Grace? These are both new dogs for the pack. You may find that one fits in better than the other one? Both dogs are beautiful! :lovestruck: You certainly haven't made this first foster easy on yourself, but don't worry. Just go with the flow for awhile....

Oh, I want to see that lap setter shot!!!:cloud9:

Dog Dancer
August 21st, 2007, 11:24 AM
Hazel congratulations on the new foster/addition. Gracie is a lovely girl and looks to fit right in. I must have missed how she and Brier knew each other?

hazelrunpack
August 21st, 2007, 09:21 PM
I think that's the problem, dogwalker--we're 'pretending to foster' :eek: :D

In my efforts to tucker Grace out today, I tuckered hazel out, too! :rolleyes:

Dog Dancer--the same breeder friend who rescued Brier also reclaimed Grace--they were at her house at the same time. :dog: :dog:

hazelrunpack
August 22nd, 2007, 08:55 AM
From this morning. They really do seem to remember each other. :D

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1004299

breeze
August 22nd, 2007, 09:08 AM
Thats how Bree is when someone come into our house :eek:
never though a deog can jump that high with all 4 legs up in the air :laughing:

hazel she does have an abundance of energy is she like that ALL day :eek:

hazelrunpack
August 22nd, 2007, 02:59 PM
hazel she does have an abundance of energy is she like that ALL day :eek:

Not ALL day... :eek:

But at least today she sort of knew the schedule, so she was active when the rest of the Pack was active and is now sleeping peacefully with them. :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
August 22nd, 2007, 03:07 PM
Good for Gracie she has a remembered doggie friend to ease the transistion to "at ease dog" comfortable in all situtations, with other dogs & people too. :highfive:

How is she doing around Ember & Cole now?? still a bit shy or has she gotten over it yet??

Is your couch big enough for an 8 dog sleeping pile? I love your pics of multiple snoozing setters on the couch :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
August 22nd, 2007, 03:15 PM
Right now they're spread out over the opened up futon couch, the love seat, a kuranda bed and two Orvis nests. :D

Yesterday, Grace kept coming up to Ember, standing up on her hind legs, wrapping her arms around his neck, and head-wrestling with him. :eek: She must not be too impressed with His Royal Majesty. :laughing: He actually took it quite well, though he had a rather bemused expression on his face for most of it! :dog:

growler~GateKeeper
August 22nd, 2007, 03:21 PM
Ahhhhh sleeping setter heaven :cloud9:

Gracie seems to be fitting in quite well, now she needs a Title, what's after Lady in Waiting? :confused: Hand Maiden :confused: :shrug:

breeze
August 22nd, 2007, 03:21 PM
I can't imagine that many dogs in one house :eek: :eek: how do you walk and not fall or trip over any of them.. I trip over Bree all the time and she is but one..

breeze
August 22nd, 2007, 03:22 PM

Gracie seems to be fitting in quite well, now she needs a Title, what's after Lady in Waiting? :confused: Hand Maiden :confused: :shrug:

Growler don't give her ideas :frustrated: she is supose to be fostering not keeping

hazelrunpack
August 22nd, 2007, 03:27 PM

We're just waiting to see 1) if she stays and 2) what fits. 'Court jester' comes to mind :D--she can be quite the clown...but her eyes seem so sad...

She really is fitting in well, though... And she takes up hardly any room! :p

hazelrunpack
August 22nd, 2007, 03:28 PM
I can't imagine that many dogs in one house :eek: :eek: how do you walk and not fall or trip over any of them.. I trip over Bree all the time and she is but one..

he he When we come in through the basement and they preceed me up the steps, trying to get close enough to the door to grab the knob and open it is decidedly more difficult than it used to be. :o

breeze
August 22nd, 2007, 03:32 PM
I can see the headlines now

"locked in basement for hours unable to get to the door due to 8 setters blocking the way"

details at 6;00

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hazelrunpack
August 22nd, 2007, 03:39 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :eek: You don't know how close to truth you hit it! :o :D

breeze
August 22nd, 2007, 03:41 PM
Your to funny Hazel :crazy: :D :highfive: The best way to be

growler~GateKeeper
August 22nd, 2007, 03:45 PM
he he When we come in through the basement and they preceed me up the steps, trying to get close enough to the door to grab the knob and open it is decidedly more difficult than it used to be. :o

Replace the door handle with an arm style that pulls down, attach pull rope & teach them to open the door for you, just be sure they don't link that trick w/the fridge door :laughing: :p :D

:crazy:

hazelrunpack
August 22nd, 2007, 03:49 PM
Replace the door handle with an arm style that pulls down, attach pull rope & teach them to open the door for you, just be sure they don't link that trick w/the fridge door :p

:crazy:

Excellent suggestion! :thumbs up They gotta start pullin' their own weight round here! :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

:eek: That's a lotta weight!

growler~GateKeeper
August 22nd, 2007, 03:57 PM
course it also depends on which way the door swings - it would work better if door swings away from them cuz they would be standing on stairs & wouldn't neccessarily want to back up with the rest of the pack behind them to pull the door open, pushing would be easier :thumbs up :D

hazelrunpack
August 22nd, 2007, 04:02 PM
course it also depends on which way the door swings - it would work better if door swings away from them cuz they would be standing on stairs & wouldn't neccessarily want to back up with the rest of the pack behind them to pull the door open, pushing would be easier :thumbs up :D

Pushing works! :thumbs up

Unfortunately, hubby just informed me that the insatiable hummers have once again drained the feeders... I guess it's off to the sugar mines for hazel once again... :o

I'll try to catch you later. :D

hazelrunpack
August 22nd, 2007, 09:59 PM
Okay, so did anyone guess the 22nd? :p :o

Frenchy
August 22nd, 2007, 10:03 PM
Okay, so did anyone guess the 22nd? :p :o

I think Rainbow won the poll .... :D

growler~GateKeeper
August 22nd, 2007, 10:05 PM
I don't think anyone said a date specifically except me I said the 20th :p

they all were yes or no to fostering no dates involved except Frenchy said she'd stay forever

does this mean she's staying???? Did you contact the breeder for official adoption? Is her official Title Court Jester then??

hazelrunpack
August 22nd, 2007, 10:10 PM
yeah...I emailed... :o Have to hammer out the details, but I think it's going to happen.

She just fits in so very well here! :shrug: And tonight she's gonna cuddle with Mom--she told me so...:cloud9:

Frenchy
August 22nd, 2007, 10:18 PM
except Frenchy said she'd stay forever

Does that mean I just won a Setter ? :goodvibes: omg omg who to choose , I'll get back to you tomorrow with a name :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
August 22nd, 2007, 10:19 PM
woohooo Gracie's gonna stay

http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/6.gif

there's no question that she won't that just :crazy: talk

hazelrunpack
August 22nd, 2007, 10:27 PM
he he I understand the cow thingee now... :laughing:

We had to adopt her--she and Brier are such good friends. :D

breeze
August 23rd, 2007, 12:05 AM
Gracies goingta stay !!:dog: Gracies goingta stay :dog: insert musical notes here

You are one crazy lady Hazel in a very good way but crazy none the less :crazy: :crazy:

rainbow
August 23rd, 2007, 01:32 AM
I think Rainbow won the poll .... :D

I won !!! I won !!! ....I guessed the 22nd in my TJT post. :D

hazelrunpack
August 23rd, 2007, 09:00 AM
I won !!! I won !!! ....I guessed the 22nd in my TJT post. :D

Congratulations! :highfive: :o You have won a full week of acting as hazel's helper! :p No money, but lots of cuddling and muddy feet! :thumbs up Who could turn that down?!

Sigh...we just don't have any willpower. :sad: No more fostering...sigh...eight is definitely enough! :eek: :cloud9:

Frenchy
August 23rd, 2007, 11:38 AM
Sigh...we just don't have any willpower. :sad: No more fostering...sigh...eight is definitely enough! :eek: :cloud9:

Do I have to call all the rescues and breeders in your area to tell them to leave you alone ? :laughing:

hazelrunpack
August 23rd, 2007, 04:26 PM
Do I have to call all the rescues and breeders in your area to tell them to leave you alone ? :laughing:

Nah...when we've adjusted to 8, we'll just call them again anyway! :laughing:

:eek: oh dog, I hope hazel is just kidding!

Actually, we offered to foster Gracie (and perhaps this is one of the biggest reasons we failed) because initially we had hoped to adopt both her and Brier. (hubby liked Brier better; hazel was sorta partial to Grace). The issue that made us decide "just Brier" was/is finances--all those potential vet bills, y'know. Although we took on Brier right away, we thought we could help Gracie get a really good home by giving her a few house manners and training. :rolleyes: I like to think she did get a really good home... :o

Money? Ah, well...easy come, easy go...hazel can always find a part-time job, but how often do you get to adopt 8 lovelies that all worship the ground you walk on? :p

Oh, and btw...the little munchkin is ours! I just got the word! Woooohoooooo! :highfive:

chico2
August 23rd, 2007, 04:35 PM
I am sooooo confused,did I miss this whole post???
Brier was your new doggie,right????
Now there is Gracie,another new doggie:confused:
I better read it from the start....and now there are 8 Hazel-doggies,WOW!!

hazelrunpack
August 23rd, 2007, 08:04 PM
Yep, chico...Brier was the newbie...now we have Newbie Number Two(bee :D). Amazing Grace. :D She was our foster...:o...we fostered her all of four days before inquiring about adoption. :rolleyes: No moral fortitude... sigh :o

I should have some still pics and more video by tomorrow night, so I'll start a new thread for Amazing Grace then.

And thank you, Breeze, for the lovely welcome to our new Pack member. :D

Smiley14
August 23rd, 2007, 09:25 PM
What? How? When?! I'm sick for a few days and come back to find another member to the pack?! How on earth did I miss that?! She is GORGEOUS!!!!! And if I read correctly, is supposed to be a foster, but perhaps not for long? :p Well, either way, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so sorry I missed out on the exciting news!!!! :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
August 23rd, 2007, 09:30 PM
Oh, no! I hope you're feeling better now, Smiley! :grouphug: This is going to sound odd :o, but were you sick enough to stay home and play with Petey and Belle? :fingerscr :o

Yep...we tried the fostering thing. Obviously, we aren't too good at it. :rolleyes: We'll likely not try it again real soon...we're runnin' out of bed space... :laughing:

Smiley14
August 23rd, 2007, 09:46 PM
Oh, no! I hope you're feeling better now, Smiley! :grouphug: This is going to sound odd :o, but were you sick enough to stay home and play with Petey and Belle? :fingerscr :o

Yep...we tried the fostering thing. Obviously, we aren't too good at it. :rolleyes: We'll likely not try it again real soon...we're runnin' out of bed space... :laughing:

:laughing: I think the same would happen to me if I ever tried to foster. :laughing: Just read the thread more throughly and saw the video! She is soooo adorable! And so small! Things must be pretty crazy with two pups in the house now! Not to mention all the tolerant adults putting up with the puppy crazies. :laughing:

Feeling much better today, thanks for asking! I had a nasty stomach flu that kept me home from work for the last three days, so while I couldn't play exactly, we all have been laying on the couch together all week. :sleepy: They were quite happy though. I even got Billy to sit on the back of the couch, LOL! :lovestruck: I felt bad leaving them again today. They looked so disappointed!

hazelrunpack
August 23rd, 2007, 09:50 PM
Well, at least you only have to leave them for a really short work-week, now. :D I suspect they'd settle for another 5-day weekend in a flash! :dog: :dog: :cat:

Funny thing about Gracie--she'll be two in November! Doesn't she look like a puppy? Even plays like one! :D

Smiley14
August 23rd, 2007, 10:38 PM
Well, at least you only have to leave them for a really short work-week, now. :D I suspect they'd settle for another 5-day weekend in a flash! :dog: :dog: :cat:

Funny thing about Gracie--she'll be two in November! Doesn't she look like a puppy? Even plays like one! :D

Oh, I just assumed she was a puppy because of her tiny size! OH! Now I'm even more in love! Such a tiny little lady! :lovestruck:

luckypenny
August 24th, 2007, 12:19 AM
:goodvibes: I just knew it. I think Grace did too :cloud9: .

chico2
August 24th, 2007, 08:02 AM
I just looked at the video,what a dainty little girl,such a sweety,what's one more,seeing you already had 7:laughing:
Maybe you should organize tours to come and see these beautiful doggies in action:lightbulb:
I'd come,just to be able to be in the midst of all this furry joy:laughing:

crazyk1020
August 24th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Oh hazel, she is just beautiful! :lovestruck: Congrats on the new edition! :highfive:

hazelrunpack
August 24th, 2007, 11:34 PM
:goodvibes: I just knew it. I think Grace did too :cloud9: .

yeah...I think we were steamrollered by the little darlin'! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
August 24th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Maybe you should organize tours to come and see these beautiful doggies in action:lightbulb:
I'd come,just to be able to be in the midst of all this furry joy:laughing:

They come with lots of slobber--so you end up with dried gobs of doghair stuck to your clothes! :eek: That's why the tour business would never get off the ground. :laughing:

But you're welcome to come--they love visitors! :dog:

hazelrunpack
August 24th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Oh hazel, she is just beautiful! :lovestruck: Congrats on the new edition! :highfive:

Thanks, crazyk. We think we're pretty lucky to have found her. :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
August 24th, 2007, 11:40 PM
They come with lots of slobber--so you end up with dried gobs of doghair stuck to your clothes! :eek: That's why the tour business would never get off the ground. :laughing:

But you're welcome to come--they love visitors! :dog:

But I miss dog slobber :sad: :D :laughing: :crazy: :crazy:

hazelrunpack
August 24th, 2007, 11:47 PM
I'll send you some. :D I think we may have enough to share. :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
August 24th, 2007, 11:49 PM
I'm sure there must be more than enough eh? http://bestsmileys.com/drooling/3.gif :laughing: :p :D

Gracie looks great, fitting in so well :highfive:

hazelrunpack
August 24th, 2007, 11:54 PM
She seems to be :fingerscr

She's so small, I keep worrying about her getting hurt when they're all playing. But so far, she's known when it's safe to participate and when to run like the wind! :dog:

growler~GateKeeper
August 24th, 2007, 11:59 PM
And it looks like she has a posse to help her outta Princess Stare Downs too that always helps :thumbs up

How is Cass with her? Does she mother her abit like she did w/puppy Ember & Cole or has Cass passed that stage & just ignores her?

hazelrunpack
August 25th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Nope...Cass doesn't really mother Grace, although Cass still treats Ridge like her daughter (mostly by scolding her when she's being sassy. :D) Cass and Grace don't interact much--they don't seem to dislike each other...they just don't hang together much...

Besides, Cass is much too busy being rolled by Brier to have time to mother Grace. :rolleyes: I think that Cass also recognizes that despite appearances, Grace isn't really a puppy any more.

Generally, Cass waits for the newbies to come to her. It's like she's waiting for them to settle in enough to feel confident enough to approach the Princess-Queen. :D And she always welcomes them with open :pawprint:s when they finally do approach. :dog:

growler~GateKeeper
August 25th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Ahh yes, the Court Jesters always must work:D up to an audience w/the Princess-Queen. Royalty cannot be seen to be easily granting favours to new comers - lessens the threat of beheading :laughing:

Hunter's_owner
August 26th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Awww Hazel she is so beautiful:cloud9: COngrats;) :highfive: :highfive:

hazelrunpack
August 26th, 2007, 09:35 PM
thanks, HO! Glad to see you connected again! :thumbs up :highfive:

hazelrunpack
August 26th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Ahh yes, the Court Jesters always must work:D up to an audience w/the Princess-Queen. Royalty cannot be seen to be easily granting favours to new comers - lessens the threat of beheading :laughing:

They do very little beheading here, but there has been a great deal of vicious tongue-lashing lately. :D So much barking (insert :smiley plugging ears with hands: here :p)