Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Owners never received pet's ashes

Cathy1
August 18th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Some may not want to read this. I don't understand how the cemetary owners could do such a thing when these pet owners are already hurting.:mad:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/story/4024533p-4636418c.html

chico2
August 19th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Cathy,to be honest,I don't really believe the ashes grieving owners recieve is always that of their pets.
I am certain there are many honest businesses out there,but probably equally as many that are not:mad:
I buried 4 of my cats in my backyard,still talk to them at times,,were I not able to do that,I would have them buried at the HS pet-cemetary.

punkyamberlea
August 19th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Hi,
I think that most places in MI where i live are pretty honest. We have one company that gives each animal a metal tag #. Then everything has that # on it so that yiu know your getting YOUR animals ashes back. Where I live you can not burie an animal. (I do anyways) but if your caught its a fine and you have to dig him/her up! Also we have ALOT of people that never pick up there animals ashes after the fact. i think its sad but i understand at the same time.

want4rain
August 20th, 2007, 07:59 AM
so i fail to understadn what happened to the crematorium.... they just have all of their employees up and decide to not come in one day?? anyone talk to them? no one said they were a dead end? had no comment, change in personal (besides someone not affiliated with the newspaper guessing they had a change in managment?? IIRC)

-ashley

Jim Hall
August 20th, 2007, 10:44 AM
oh oh what a mess sounds like management did something really stupid