Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Trying to Compile a List of Emergency vets and rescues...

krdahmer
August 18th, 2007, 04:11 PM
I've been googling for it seems like hours!!:frustrated: I am trying to find a listing of all emergency vets, vets, and/or rescues in southern ontario. I want to make a list that I can keep in my purse so that when I travel I always know the closest vet or animal services. For my own as well as strays/injured animals we come across. (I meant to do this months ago, but got sidetracked, then reminded when we helped a dog that was wondering the highway while we were on our way to the inlaws...it was a small town and no one knew who to call or what to do so the poor girl ended up in the back of a cruiser!)

Anyone who knows of a good site or where I can find a list of vets and rescues it's much appreciated.... I am all googled out! I have the list from the SPCA's site already, so SPCA and HS locations are all covered ( I find they are never open or available though when these situations come up). I'm interested mainly in the vet/ emerg. vet listings. Thanks and I appreciate any of your input.

Also once I get it all together I will of course share it with all of you. I was thinking this would be a worthwhile project and maybe if we all collaborated we could make it for :ca: and the :usa: . Just think of how handy that would be.... not having to find and scan phone books or find an internet connection. To have a list you could quickly reference and get a hold of someone right away. Especially in emergency situations.

Oh and I just thought, we could maybe sell the list too and have the money go to an animal cause (or the site).

kashtin's kin
August 21st, 2007, 12:07 AM
Sounds like a good idea :thumbs up ; would be handy to have all those resources consolidated. Don't know about the $$-making angle...but then again I'm just not a savvy :confused: money type! If you want to PM me, I'll be glad to share what info I have (which you may already have!?)...

mummummum
August 21st, 2007, 02:29 AM
I'll bet you could sell it to Rand McNally or the GPS people. Do you have Toronto covered yet? If not let me know, I can help with TO at least.

krdahmer
August 21st, 2007, 03:20 PM
Well the Ontario A's are done.... only 25 letters to go...:wall: Sometimes this OCD kills me!:laughing:

Does anyone know how to get Excel to sort rows alphabetically????

Man would that be helpful!:D