Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dachshund rescue

Catt31
May 16th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Luba - you had mentioned once before a while back when the whole Heidi thing happened (RIP poor girl) the website for dachshund rescue in Canada. Do you still have that address/link??? When I do a search all I turn up are American dachsies for adoption!

BTW, how is Heidi's owner doing now?? I hope he is able to rescue another soon, to give another one some love and a chance!!

Luba
May 16th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Tx Catt, here's the link :

www.wienerdogrescue.com

Heidi's daddy is doing okay. He is going to put off getting another dog at this time, just had another grand baby in B.C he's going to spend time with.

U thinkin of a doggie woggie with short little leggies and long body?

Catt31
May 16th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Yeah, thinking about it!! Just seeing whats out there right now! I had a weiny dog growing up and I just loved her sooo much, I love the breed and the loyalty! We are going to wait until we are in our new house, but, who knows, if one grabs our heart, we may get one earlier!! Thanks for the link!! :D

Luba
May 16th, 2004, 12:48 PM
OH thats a nice thing :)

This breed has a huge amount of puppy mills in the U.S

Canadian rescue is constantly getting them from the states...poor little darlings.

Catt31
May 16th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Thats sooo horrible!! I also think that people see them on TV and in the park and think they are soooo cute, then get one, and don't realize the amount of work they are because they are so stubborn!! So, off they go to a shelter, without even given a second chance. Its sooo very sad!! I'm going to just keep my eyes on the website, and keep checking it out for anything!! I want to get Brick up to speed on his training first too!! We signed him up for doggie school in June!!! Can't wait!!! :D

doberescue
May 17th, 2004, 12:23 PM
here are some more rescue contacts, terri epp terrilepp@yahoo.ca and sue skolnick doxette@idirect.com

Luba
May 17th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Hey Catt

If you send an email to the rescue I linked you up with telling them you are interested, they may be able to pull a dog from somewhere that needs rescuing.

Many rescues if they dont have foster / room can't pull but if they know ahead of time someone is looking they can be more proactive.

So send them an email and let them know :D

Catt31
May 17th, 2004, 05:47 PM
I will Luba...thanks doll!!! ;)

And thanks doberescue for those other contacts!! That will give me a good place to start!! :D