- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 


Walmart Removes Bestro Chicken Jerky Strips

August 18th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Itchmo Pet Safety Alert: Bestro Chicken Jerky Strips Removed From Wal-Mart
Shelves After Dog Death

For the full story, go to:

A Philadelphia woman says her dog died after eating tainted dog food treats
bought from Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart has quietly pulled the made in China dog treat from its stores.
There has been no announcement to the public as of yet. It is also uncertain
of how many tainted bags of treats there may still be out among consumers.

Kate Collins said it is hard to talk about. Bella, her two-year-old
Chihuahua, died suddenly in July after eating Bestro Chicken Jerky Strips.

Collins said that Bella died within a week after eating the treats. The
other dogs did not receive the same treats and are unaffected.

Bella's owner had the animal hospital do an autopsy and they found that
Bella died of an infection caused by toxic bacteria.