Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

quebec breeder help

budboybudboy77
August 17th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Hello, I would like to know if anyone has bought any puppies from goldenpearl breeder and if so are they good?

Thks

Shaykeija
August 17th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Did you look up their website? They look like they are showing their dogs. I would think that they would be OK. They do not look like BYB. But ya never know...:shrug:

www.grcq.org/ResultatsDeShow/2003/Sherbrooke2003/sherbrooke.htm

budboybudboy77
August 18th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Supposedly they have been doing this for 22 years.
Not a puppy mill at all and they are registered with Kennel of Canada.

thks

SableCollie
August 18th, 2007, 11:37 AM
You could always ask the breeder for references from past customers, veterinarians, etc. Most good breeders would be happy to give you references. And of course make sure they do all necessary health tests on their breeding stock.

budboybudboy77
August 18th, 2007, 04:37 PM
ok thks i'll do that

budboybudboy77
December 15th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Anyone with more info on this breeder?

Thks I really need the help

budboybudboy77
December 16th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Is there a site to get reviews and chat (forum like) on diferent breeders?

LavenderRott
December 16th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Is there a site to get reviews and chat (forum like) on diferent breeders?

Probably not. There are many different opinions on who or what is a good breeder. To openly call someone an unethical breeder or a bad breeder or whatever on an open forum could open someone up to a civil lawsuit.

Remember - showing isn't everything. OFA's and CERF's are just as important as visible conformation. Goldens are the number one registered breed in the U.S. with registered numbers double what the numbers are for the second most popular breed. Finding an ethical breeder with pet quality puppies for sale for a reasonable price shouldn't be too hard.

Boubou
December 16th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Check out the kennel and make sure the parents of the puppies have a good life. I've met so called 'good breeders' who breed nothing but beautiful, CKC registered show dogs and when the dogs weren't being shown or bred, lived their life in a cage in a backyard shed. This is something I wouldn't want to support, no matter what the pedigree of the puppy was.

Have you checked out Golden Rescue? I believe there is a member on this board from the Montreal area that has links to this great organization - perhaps they can find you a nice Golden....:rolleyes:

Ford Girl
December 17th, 2007, 12:12 PM
There are several members on this board that work for Quebec Golden Rescue, and infact there are a few goldens listed in the adoption section on this site. :thumbs up

http://canadiangoldens.com/ is a good site too.