Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Some daydreaming

ancientgirl
August 17th, 2007, 10:53 AM
I was watching Vlad and Oksana playing last night. They love to take turns chasing each other, and it looks so adorable. I'd just finished emailing a friend who had her dog neutered because he was peeing on her bed too much.

I told her that I'd hoped she also realized it was good for his health to have done that, and also good that he won't be adding to the unwanted pet population.

Then I started wondering, how wonderful it would have been to have a couple of Vlad and Oksana's kids running around the place. I almost wish I'd let them have kitties before I spayed or neutered them, but that would not have been fair to them and it would have put too much of a financial burden on my right now.

If I'd been guaranteed she would have had only 2 kittens, but then what if she'd had complications. I love my Little Miss so much, I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to her.

My decision was best for them both in the long run. And there are so many little ones out there in need of a home. I'd always planned on getting another kitty after Vlad and Oksana were finished with their kitty boosters. At that time, I'll be in a better financial position and can give another kitty a loving home.

breeze
August 17th, 2007, 11:20 AM
I think most of us has the same daydreaming dream, but a lot of us don't want to admit it....

we all know what the right thing to do is but deep in our minds we think of this. they would make such lovely puppies or kitties together their temperment would be great and so on and so on. but we do what is right and then we move on.
there is nothing wrong with daydreaming that is what keeps us all sane. :thumbs up

ancientgirl
August 17th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks. It makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one. They really would have made such beautiful little kitties. But yes, the health benefits they have is worth having had them spayed/neutered.

Love4himies
August 17th, 2007, 11:46 AM
I too have had those daydreams.

I have a beautiful Blue Cream point Himalayan that I would have loved to have bred with a grand champ cream point (his name is Sirs). With his face and Puddles's fur/bone structure the kittens would have made grand champ status for sure. Puddles's father has also won at many cat shows so she has very good bloodlines. But she got spayed instead :D . Oh well, I can dream of how beautiful their kittens would have been and all the ribbons they would have won.

Love4himies
August 17th, 2007, 11:51 AM
I would like to add that I am glad I didn't choose to breed her. After fostering a momma cat and watching how tired she gets trying to feed 7 babies, I feel sorry for her, and day dream of the day she is spayed and doesn't have to endure breeding anymore. She needs a life of no stresses and pampering.

ancientgirl
August 17th, 2007, 12:24 PM
I would like to add that I am glad I didn't choose to breed her. After fostering a momma cat and watching how tired she gets trying to feed 7 babies, I feel sorry for her, and day dream of the day she is spayed and doesn't have to endure breeding anymore. She needs a life of no stresses and pampering.

I totally agree. I did the right thing, because I too would feel bad to see her all stressed out and tired. She's so active and so small. I can't imagine her nursing a litter of kittens. Not to mention, she loves to jump from the stairs to the couch to the sofa table. If she were having babies, she'd might not be able to do that.

And yes, they need a life of pampering!