Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

vet question

kigndano
August 17th, 2007, 09:35 AM
so i jusst got a bill in the mail from the vet for putting a new bandage on cassius when the reason he needed a new one is because they screwed up by taking the original one off too early.

ive decided im not paying because thats a joke to me.

any thoughts?

Love4himies
August 17th, 2007, 09:41 AM
I would not pay for a bill that fixed a doctor's mistake, but I would discuss the bill and my thoughts with him/her and see if he/she will reverse it voluntarily. This will help keep a good relationship.

ancientgirl
August 17th, 2007, 09:41 AM
I'd talk to them about it before you decide not to pay. If you don't pay, you may have future problems when you take cassius in.

Since it was their mistake in the first place, you should let them know it isn't fair for you to have to pay for it. If they insist you do then perhaps suggest you only pay half.

When I left the Dynamic Duo to be boarded while I moved, they asked if I wanted them to have one of the shots they were due for. I told them to wait on it, since I didn't have the money for them yet. Well when I picked them up, they'd given them the shots anyway.

I pointed out I'd asked them to wait, because I just didn't have the money to pay for it, and they just crossed the shots off the invoice. They realized it was their mistake.

So it can't hurt to talk to them first.

kigndano
August 17th, 2007, 11:29 AM
i did call them and tell them what i thought about the bill.

the vet was going to "call me right back"

but as of about an hour later no call back.

whats funnier to me is on the bill it says

"please note that payment is expected upon treatment"

but when i was there no one even showed me a bill or anything, and now theyre trying to play it off like im stiffing them!

what a bunch of jerkoffs

ancientgirl
August 17th, 2007, 12:27 PM
If they're being that way about it, maybe its time for a new vet.

They should be able to work with you, and they should realize their mistake and own up to it.

Regardless of them being a vet's office, they are running a business, and its not good business practice to make mistakes and not admit it.

rainbow
August 17th, 2007, 12:36 PM
i did call them and tell them what i thought about the bill.

the vet was going to "call me right back"

but as of about an hour later no call back.

whats funnier to me is on the bill it says

"please note that payment is expected upon treatment"

but when i was there no one even showed me a bill or anything, and now theyre trying to play it off like im stiffing them!

what a bunch of jerkoffs

It is quite possible your vet is in surgery or has one appointment after another and hasn't had a chance to call you yet. I would calm down and wait until you hear from him. With everything computerized nowadays I have a feeling the bill was sent out in error.