Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Now what the hell else

Rottielover
August 16th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Tigger has been straining today. Seems like he is always in the ltter box, he is peeing but in small amounts, same thing with the poo, first was fine, then again small, and just now one little blob of poo.
I am waiting for my vet to call me, I am hoping I am over reacting, he has not peed anywhere but the litter box, same with the poo. But why so often and so little :(

badger
August 16th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Sounds like a bladder infection. Maybe the pain is affecting his bowel function. It hurts to go. The vet may want to scan him for stones as well.
O dear, it never rains etc.

hazelrunpack
August 16th, 2007, 10:04 PM
I hope he's okay, Rottielover. How is Harley doing today? :fingerscr

wdawson
August 16th, 2007, 10:04 PM
felix was like that a couple years ago.....struvite crystals.

Frenchy
August 16th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Oh no !!!! :sad: :frustrated: if it's a bladder infection , maybe he only needs antibiotics ? :pray:

Rottielover
August 16th, 2007, 10:12 PM
well, its getting worse, I have counted 23 times since I got home at 5:30. Either tiny itsy poops, or drops of pee

hazelrunpack
August 16th, 2007, 10:14 PM
:grouphug: :goodvibes: :fingerscr that he's better soon!

jiorji
August 16th, 2007, 10:20 PM
awww poor baby...maybe it's nothing...maybe he's all of a sudden timid to use the litter box and wants some privacy :o

growler~GateKeeper
August 17th, 2007, 02:02 AM
:goodvibes: :goodvibes: :fingerscr for Tigger :grouphug:

Love4himies
August 17th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Sounds like a bladder infection or crystals. Are you taking him to the vet today?

Rottielover
August 17th, 2007, 08:15 AM
I have an appointment tonight at 6:30...Over night he did a tiny pee, and since I have been up, he has been in the litterbox 4 times, I small bowel, couple drops of pee.
And he is talking more. BUT he shows no sign of pain, eating well. I honestly do not know about drinking, he refuses any dish othe than what harley drinks from, but I have not seen him drink alot

chico2
August 17th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Oh no Rottielover,I hope you have a nice vet,who is not pressuring you for money right away:pray:
Tigger more than likely has UTI,hopefully he'll be ok with meds..
Hugs to you Kayla,Harley and Tigger:grouphug:

Rottielover
August 17th, 2007, 08:39 AM
I have an amazing vet, but she is not working today, BUT she was sweet enough to call me back last night when I left a message for her. She said if possible wait till she comes in monday, but if not see another vet.
Well since it is getting worse instead of better, I am doing another vet. But have to call mine monday let her know about Harley, and now tigger. She said it too, you never get a break. LOL

breeze
August 17th, 2007, 10:21 AM
I hope that things get better soon for you and harley and tigger
:pray: :pray: :pray:

krdahmer
August 18th, 2007, 12:54 PM
:pray: :grouphug:
Hope everything goes well...

breeze
August 18th, 2007, 04:54 PM
how is everything today rottielover??

:goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :cat: :dog:

Rottielover
August 18th, 2007, 06:59 PM
well, tigger s now home and fast asleep. he is on meds, and the vet food. They were not able to extract a urine sample, he kept his bladder empy, drops at a time.
The did an ultrasound and noticed a small bump, but she said it was safe for him to come home today.
If in a few days he does not start to pee normal, he has to go back :(:fingerscr

rainbow
August 18th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Awww, Rottielover......poor Tigger :sad: poor Harley :sad: and poor you :grouphug: It just never seems to end for you. :grouphug: :grouphug: I think it's about time you got a break. :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: :pray: :fingerscr :fingerscr

breeze
August 18th, 2007, 07:38 PM
this is tigger you are talking about?? I hope all turns out better in a couple of days :pray:

and Harley how is he doing??

growler~GateKeeper
August 26th, 2007, 02:24 AM
Rottielover we need Tigger & Harley updates :) How are they doing??

rainbow
August 26th, 2007, 02:26 AM
I agree. I hope everything is going well. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
August 26th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Yep, I think we definitely need an update! Hope things are looking up for you, Rottielover! :fingerscr

breeze
August 27th, 2007, 05:11 PM
how are things for tigger and harley ??? :confused: :shrug:

Rottielover
August 27th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Sorry, been really blah.
Ok as for updates. Tigger is doing better, clavomox and the prescription diet seemed to help. Poor cat, hoping to get off the food soon, and start mixing.
Harley, not on meds yet. Feeding 3-4 times a day, vomiting stopped, but the runs came back.
He never gets a break, have to talk to my vet, looks like he will be staring flagyl soon

pitgrrl
August 27th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Rottielover, I've had extremely good results using slipper elm. You can find it at most health food stores and is great to keep on hand for the runs or other stomach upset.

Here's a quote from an article about slippery elm, specifically it's use in cats, but the same applies for dogs:

Slippery Elm (Ulmus fulva) is an exception to the fears and cautions surrounding the use of herbs in animals. It is very safe and non-toxic. The part of the tree used is the inner bark, which is soft and stringy. Simplest to use is the powdered form, which can be purchased in bulk, or pre-packed in capsules, at most health food stores. It is readily available over the Internet from herb suppliers......

In the gastro-intestinal tract, Slippery Elm acts directly. It can be thought of as a sort of natural "Pepto-Bismol." (Pepto-Bismol itself should not be used because it contains salicylate, a.k.a. aspirin). Its mucilage content coats, soothes, and lubricates the mucus membranes lining the digestive tract. Slippery Elm is an excellent treatment for ulcers, gastritis, colitis, and other inflammatory bowel problems. It is high in fiber, and so helps normalize intestinal action; it can be used to relieve both diarrhea and constipation. It may also help alleviate nausea and vomiting in pets suffering from non-GI illnesses, such as kidney disease.

http://www.littlebigcat.com/?action=library&act=show&item=slipperyelm

breeze
August 27th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Glad to hear that Tigger is doing better, now all you have to do is get Harley back on track :fingerscr :goodvibes: and you why are you "blah" :confused:

Rottielover
August 27th, 2007, 06:47 PM
with all that is happening, I am trying to get a 5 1/2 newly renovated apt in my building. Now they said ok with Harley, with a 500$ damage deposit, and a co applicant. My dad refused. So I am trying with my mom, she really wants me to have the place. Now it is a waiting game to see if we will be approved.

mummummum
August 27th, 2007, 07:33 PM
I hope things turn around for you soon RottieLover. :fingerscr

And on the Slippery Elm ~ I'd forgotten all about it. It does work quite well! When I was trying to sort out Dec and all his food troubles, it helped quite a bit at settling his tummy down.

Winston
August 27th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Rottielover! glad to hear things are a bit better! I had one of those blah! spells a few weeks ago..things will turn around....I hope you get the new place! that should bring up your spirits a bit!

I have to ask "what is a 5 1/2 new apartment"?

Cindy

breeze
August 27th, 2007, 08:36 PM
think positively and things will work out for you :thumbs up

Rottielover
August 27th, 2007, 08:45 PM
It is a large 3 bedroom apt in my building. Completely renovated, looks brand new. They opened it up, new kitchen, new bathroom, new doors, new everything. I am so wanting this........I will have my own comp/exercise room

breeze
August 27th, 2007, 08:54 PM
It sounds realy great I hope you get it :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Frenchy
August 27th, 2007, 09:12 PM
I have to ask "what is a 5 1/2 new apartment"?

Cindy

I think we use the 1/2 only here in Quebec ! The 1/2 is for the bathroom. So a 4 1/2 is a 2 bedrooms, 5 1/2 is a 3 bedrooms and so on.

Good luck Rottielover ! :goodvibes: It's looking good :thumbs up

Winston
August 27th, 2007, 09:14 PM
Wow that does sound like a great place! Everything new is so nice! Then you dont have to worry about it being dirty...I hope you get it! Lots of good vibes coming your way!!

Cindy
:thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
August 28th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Glad Tigger's doin' better :highfive: , hope Harley can follow suit very very soon :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Good luck w/the new apt :goodvibes: :grouphug: