Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello

NellFleming
August 16th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Hello there! I'm a new member. I have a fifteen year old black female cat named streaky and a new six month old beagle/hound dog named Ginger. I also have a five year old daughter who starts kindergarten this fall. You can just call me Ronnellsmommy.

I'll be posting questions in other sections. Ginger came to live with us from my grandfathers house. She was a stray (dumped/abused? at 6 weeks or so) that my grandfather rescued. We were looking for a dog but moving. As soon as we were settled we went and picked her up.

She's a great dog. Sweet, 20-25 pounds, red in color and the sweetest little face. She howls but does not bark (hardly ever makes a sound, this is a new one on me for dogs) and is happy to be here.

We are crate and leash training her this week and are signed up for basic training. She's had all shots and is spade.

We're glad to have her. Our dog of ten years died last year of limes disease and we were heartbroken. She seemed so young to die. She was a larger dog but we had hopes of having her longer. After a year of grieving we felt ready to try again. Our cat isn't happy but we're doing our best to ease transition.

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Ronnellsmommy

hazelrunpack
August 16th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Howdy, Ronnellsmommy....or NellFleming... :D (:sorry: hazel confuses easily and she won't remember what to call you from one conversation to the the next, so it'll probably end up to be NellFleming... :o)

Anyway, welcome to the board! :thumbs up We'd all love to see pics of Streaky and Ginger if you have any to share! (We all love pictures here. :cloud9:)

Looking forward to chatting with you in the forums!

rainbow
August 17th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Welcome to the forum. WOW.....am I going to get confused with your two names too. :D Looking forward to seeing pics of Streaky and Ginger. :thumbs up