Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat Loves Munching Plastic Bags

Greygramma
May 15th, 2004, 10:07 PM
What do you do about a cat who munches out on ziploc bags? Max is an 8 year old "mutt". I cannot leave something reachable in a plastic bag..he also loves the plastic grocery bags..anything he can put his tiny teethmarks in. He especially loves the red Sunmaid Raisinbread wrappers! I don't believe he ingests the plastic..but he sure does make a mess of it. I left a new open box of ziploc on the counter one day and not ONE was airtight! It's a real trial to keep these things under cover. Any suggestions?

Luba
May 15th, 2004, 10:13 PM
Only the obvious, put it in a cupboard.

Bill & Bob
May 15th, 2004, 10:19 PM
A friend of mine gave me a collection of poop bags she'd gathered. Bob goes through quite a few of them. Actually I guess I do, not him.
Anyhoo, she neglected or didn't think to tell me that her dear sweet kitties get a big kick out of attacking them with their wee little teeth and claws. Unbeknownst to me on a dark evening walk of course. Yeesh, guess who ended up with stink hand all the way home. Now I inspect each bag for holes at home BEFORE we go out on our walks.

cmt489
May 15th, 2004, 11:12 PM
And this is why I buy my poop bags instead of using grocery store bags!!! :p (And everyone thinks buying these bags in the stores is frivilous!!) Good story, when watching Legally Blonde II, when she pulled out the pink scented poop bags, instead of laughing, I said to myself - "Hey, I have those exact same bagss.... LOL!! :p )

Michelle

CZambory
May 15th, 2004, 11:32 PM
One of my kitties used to do the same thing and i guess still would if i ever left these lying around. It's the same with cardboard boxes. Occasionally if they're bored and i've left a newspaper lying around i will find it a little dismantled, but i've learnt to treat them like toddlers now and pack everything away!!!

Luba
May 16th, 2004, 08:12 AM
You buy poop bags Michelle (LMAOO) get lost get lost get lost, do you REALLY? HA hahahaha! I have a funny to tell you.
One of my neighbours came to me the other day and told me that they were on sale in Loblaws ... I laughed at him (non pet owner) and said 'Ha those are a waste of money honey'

He quickly thought (oh crap I dont' know what I'm talkin about) and replied
'Yeah they're only for those rich b**ches in expensive condo's '

So Mich tell me what your condo looks like LMFHO

Bill you have a new title now
Bag Inspector!

pattycakes
May 16th, 2004, 08:15 AM
I once had a cat who did the same thing with grocery bags and photographs-
must be a chemical they are attracted to. The same cat also went nuts over
carrot peelings, just like they were catnip or something.
Different strokes for different folks (or cats) I guess.

chico2
May 16th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Having three cats who get excited about grocery-bags,drier-sheets,toilettpaper,foil-wrappers and yes,licking photographs,there has too be something yummy,but not good for cats chemical in photos :rolleyes: ,all we can do is keep these things out of the way of the cat/dog.
Cats are all different,have different quirks just like people,nothing to worry about,unless Max ingests the bags.
My Chico loves Bubble-wrap and he's a hoot to watch,but don't leave any animal unattended with any plastic-stuff!!

Lucky Rescue
May 16th, 2004, 10:43 AM
My Stinkerbell has a bad habit of crawling INSIDE plastic bags! :eek: That has sure taught me not to leave any lying around.

cmt489
May 16th, 2004, 01:08 PM
He quickly thought (oh crap I dont' know what I'm talkin about) and replied
'Yeah they're only for those rich b**ches in expensive condo's '

So Mich tell me what your condo looks like LMFHO

Guilty as charged..... :o :p :D

Catt31
May 16th, 2004, 04:05 PM
LMFAO Michelle!!! You go girl!!!!!!!!! :D

I'd buy them just for the cool little container they come in....I hate having a bag shoved in my pocket or hanging off the leash...its such a fashion faux pas (LOL)

cmt489
May 16th, 2004, 07:52 PM
I'd buy them just for the cool little container they come in....I hate having a bag shoved in my pocket or hanging off the leash...its such a fashion faux pas (LOL)

'Cause you know, when I am walking Oliver at 6:00 am I always chant my mantra: "It's all about fashion! It's all about fashion!"... What am I saying - it's all about going back to bed, God dammit!! :p

M