Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

yay crown princess mary-three cheers

melanie
May 15th, 2004, 07:57 PM
hi all, just had to share my happiness today. yesterday mary donaldson from tasmaina married crowned prince frederik of denmark, oh it was just beautiful. he cried when he saw his bride (i cried alot too, so did my sister, mum and just about every other woman i know). they are so much in love.
it was a true fairy tale and we australians are very PROUD of her, it was a very big event for us. she is just so beautiful, it is the dream of every small town girl and it came true. she is now crowned princess mary, the first in 35 years for denmark.
three cheers for the beautiful happy couple, crowned prince and princess of denmark, horray. :D :D :D

Bill & Bob
May 15th, 2004, 10:05 PM
I saw that on BBC world. They called the woman from Australia a 'commoner whom he met in a bar' when the olympics were in Sydney. Nice....a 'commoner'. That would be the serfs I guess as far as BBC world goes.
I just think it's nice they didn't get all huffy about the Prince marrying someone from outside the homeland.

melanie
May 15th, 2004, 10:30 PM
as many of us girls know, it can be a mighty challenge finding a nice man in a pub. well what a lucky girl, met at the pub in sydney. oh how fantastic. i must have been to busy proping up the bar to notice the great catches. :D
and when they said i do the commentators said' the moment the commoner has been waiting for, the change of her title'. ha not very common at all i would say. she is a real looker, you would have to be to get a prince. there are lots of men over hear wearing 'kiss me im a frog' t shirts, well worth a try i think. :D

chico2
May 16th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Mel,I read about that too,very pretty girl.The word"commoner"is soo very British and soooo outdated :D
Our Swedish King Karl Gustav married a German girl and they have lived happily ever after.
I have great issues with Queen Elisabeth being head of State in Canada or swearing true allegience to her Majesty the Queen,I know I'll get in trouble for saying that,but Canada is an independant country and no more need the pomp and hoopla of The British Royal family.
I believe Australia has already decided to abandon the idea of a foreign Queen as head of state,but I could be wrong.

melanie
May 16th, 2004, 05:54 PM
oh chico, ah to be a republic, that is the dream. im sure it is the same there in canada, but over hear a vast amount of money in taxes ect go to the royal family and estate and their visits. the queen is so far away yet is supposed to rule our country. the poor aboriginal people, land riped out from under them and told it is the commonwealth and then they have to pay taxes for it, now that is bad luck, paying for what you already own (sorry i digress, touchy issue for me).
but i do love the idea of the queen, to be a princess is many a girls dream. i actually collect stamps and one of my collections is the queens birthday stamps of australia. it is just the idea of them that i like. but i like them in england, not here and well, we are aussies, so far from british it is ridiculous (and surely they cant be proud of us, their convict relatives).
and i didnt know sweden had a king, it is funny that for some reason many people think that the english are the only royal family, i had to explain this to my sister only the other day.
oh laura thank you for the wedding pics, oh she is just georgous and that dress, the train was 10kg in weight and was 6 meters long, back breaking stuff. i have been telling charlie that they may have a nice dog (has to be a girl, she is gay but that is a long story) that she could get together with and then she would be crowned princess dog :D . oh lucky girl, it is amazing how many aussies are really excited about it all, it is quite unusual for our current generation. yay princesses. :p :D

chico2
May 16th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Thank's for the pics Laura,beautiful!!
There are many Monarchies,for instance..Sweden,Norway,Denmark,Spain,Belgium,Holl and,Luxemburg,Monaco etc.and that is just Europe
..its just the British seem to be in the news an awful lot :D
I don't resent the Queen of England,but had a beef with swearing allegiance to her,in becoming a Canadian citizen.I'd swear my allegiance to Canada and everything it stands for and be a proud Canadian,not a British subject :D
If I was British I am sure I would feel different,but I and millions others are not,we are just simply Canadians.Nite all :D
Sorry for the rambling,it's just something I feel very strongly about :p

melanie
May 16th, 2004, 11:56 PM
wow that many royal families i must look into it, oh dear i must be a mushroom, 'everyone keeps me in the dark and feeds me lots of bull****' :D :D .
have to admit i think the queen has a good bit of spunk and princess di was just adorable, oh dont go there mel (oooo i dont like you at all Camilla Parker Bowles, aka horseface :p ). but i do totally see where you are coming from, it must be very grating, oh im telling you lady i know and empathise :D :eek:

one day i hope to become queen 'mel-QUEEN OF THE BOVINE :D :D :D :D

chico2
May 17th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Oh,Mel it's definetly not something I worry about,too many things in this world more important than the British Royal Family :p But King Charles and "queen Camilla" :eek:
With princess Di,yes it was something like a fairytale,but boy,how quickly that was shattered :mad:
I promise,no more on that subject!!! Oh,and by the way,you married your prince Charming not too long ago,right!!

melanie
May 17th, 2004, 05:41 PM
ya for princess mel. yes i married my prince charming a little while back and he is just as lovely (and far better looking) than frederik. so maybe i will be the queen of the cows one day (hey dont laugh, and i know what your thinking,its not true, so stop it :eek: :eek: ). :D :D

wAggie
May 17th, 2004, 07:52 PM
thanx for the pix, Laura!!!!

those are something else! stunning and VERY beautiful! I loooooooove her head piece!

:p :p

Karin
May 17th, 2004, 08:33 PM
I love smushy stories like this. *sniff*

Warms the cockles of my heart.

* On going search as to what a "cockle" really is.......

wAggie
May 18th, 2004, 04:53 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cockle

I'm confused! :confused: :eek:

wAggie
May 18th, 2004, 04:54 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

intr. & tr.v. cock·led, cock·ling, cock·les
To become or cause to become wrinkled or puckered.

:o

Idiom:
cockles of (one's) heart
One's innermost feelings: The valentine warmed the cockles of my heart.

Bill & Bob
May 18th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Your heart became wrinkled or puckered?