Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Paddington take 2

Frenchy
August 14th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Well I let him out for about 2 hours today ! He scared the s*** out of Nelly twice , when she got too close , he tolf her off (no injuries) but every time , she let out a yelp and ran off :laughing: It was ok with Paddy and Monsieur but after 2 hours , they had an encounter in the bathroom , a bit of screaming and Monsieur ran off. No injuries either. But I had time for some pics :D Too bad it was already dark because he layed on the top of the couch, on the coffee table, on th kitchen island , my mom is visiting and she said he looked like he's been here all his life ! :D

Frenchy
August 14th, 2007, 09:31 PM
One more ...

Rottielover
August 14th, 2007, 09:32 PM
wow what incredible progress. Look at bailey, he is welcoming the new fella

Frenchy
August 14th, 2007, 09:37 PM
wow what incredible progress. Look at bailey, he is welcoming the new fella

Yes they all are but I think Paddy is a little overwelm :p

Tommysmom
August 14th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Awww, Frenchy, he looks so at home already! What a gorgeous little addition to your family, congratulations:cloud9: .

jiorji
August 14th, 2007, 10:30 PM
hehe i love him looking out the window "hmmm ...did you cut the grass Frenchy?? NO?? hmmm i SWEAR soemthing's different...":D

growler~GateKeeper
August 14th, 2007, 11:01 PM
I love the Paddy & Bailey pics they'll be good buddies in no time:highfive:

mummummum
August 15th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Very nice pix Frenchy! The family is making great progress ~ I wonder if there will be a duke-it-out between Monsieur and Paddy ? Will Nelly ever get over her cat-trauma ? Stay tuned for "As the Frenchy-World Turns" :laughing: (I can laugh now only because we mostly all get all :laughing:)

badger
August 15th, 2007, 12:37 AM
Looking good! Despite appearances, I think this period is exhausting for everyone - especially the newby - having to stay alert and on their guard, with this new creature thrown into the mix. Give Paddy a kiss for me, such a brave boy. How are the meds going?

Dracko
August 15th, 2007, 12:48 AM
How sweet to see Pad out like that. I agree that Pad looks like he's been there forever. Love him up on the counter. I've got stock in Lysol whips from my cats walking on my counters. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
August 15th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Ah-hA! The pics finally downloaded! :thumbs up There's the sweet boy! :lovestruck:

madame hazel will predict that Paddington will cuddle with a dog before he cuddles with Monsieur le chat! :thumbs up :D

rainbow
August 15th, 2007, 01:59 AM
Great to hear that he is adjusting so well. :highfive: I love the pics of him and Bailey. :lovestruck:

Hunter's_owner
August 15th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Glad to hear that the adjustment is going well. :highfive:
He is so cute:lovestruck:

Love4himies
August 15th, 2007, 08:22 AM
He does look like he has been living with you for a while, very settled even with all the other critters in the house. I think that shows that you were meant to be his loyal servant :D .

Frenchy
August 15th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Stay tuned for "As the Frenchy-World Turns"

:laughing: I love this one :laughing:

Badger , the meds are going well,I sprinkle the pill in a little bit of wet food and he eats it. I hope that is ok. Also , did your vet tell you how old he tought Paddy was ? I have no idea :confused:

Frenchy
August 15th, 2007, 09:59 AM
I think that shows that you were meant to be his loyal servant :D .

You can say that again :laughing: He acts like "royalty" :cat:

badger
August 15th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Going by his teeth, which are pretty clean, the vet guessed 1-2 years. But they ALWAYS say the same thing, which essentially means 'I have no clue but he isn't a kitten'.
My sister's vet reckons Ebby (one of my rescues, now out West) is 5-7 years, not the old one-two. Big difference.
What was your question :D
I think Paddy is young, no more than a year. He still cuddles like a kitten and hisses where an older animal would strike out. Have you noticed that when he sits in your lap, he presses up against you? So sweet.

Frenchy
August 15th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Have you noticed that when he sits in your lap, he presses up against you? So sweet.

We haven't got the chance yet. But sometimes I come in his room and he's lying on a comforter I put on a sofa chair , I sit down on the floor and he does presses up against...my face :laughing: he is very affectionate and I hope one day he will me comfy enough to do this with the dogs :fingerscr baby steps for now. He will be out for about an hour today.

Crestedcrazy
August 15th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Wonderful pics and what a beautiful cat!
I bet before long they'll be cuddling up together and be the best of friends!

wdawson
August 15th, 2007, 07:04 PM
i bet by this time next week they will all get along,it will be like paddy has been there forever.

TMac
August 15th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Looks like he's already very comfortable with Bailey. I'm sure he'll work it out with Mr Le Chat and Nelly. What a big fierce dog that Nelly is, LOL!! :laughing: :laughing:

Winston
August 25th, 2007, 05:52 PM
How about a Paddy update? Frenchy is he roaming free now?

Cindy

Frenchy
August 25th, 2007, 10:09 PM
How about a Paddy update? Frenchy is he roaming free now?

Cindy

Paddington has been free in the house for a week now. He seems very comfortable now, yesterday he was lying on the carpet and all 3 dogs walk by him to go outside , he didn't even move :thumbs up and he and Monsieur le chat are almost best friends , they have competitions every evening , on who runs the fastest ! And he's very affectionate with me , lays on me while I'm on the computer :cloud9: I am amaze on how fast he has become part of this household ! :thumbs up

Frenchy
August 25th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Not a very good pic , but here he is ! (that black thing below the computer screen :D )

hazelrunpack
August 25th, 2007, 10:19 PM
So if you teach him how to type with all four paws, you'll be able to post twice as fast! :laughing:

He's a real beauty, Frenchy! :lovestruck: And so nice that he's fitting in so well! :thumbs up

Frenchy
August 25th, 2007, 10:22 PM
So if you teach him how to type with all four paws, you'll be able to post twice as fast! :laughing:

I'm trying to keep him from walking over the keyboard , I don't know how he did it , but 2 days ago, I was typing something and he walk right on some keys and shut the computer off :yell:

hazelrunpack
August 25th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Ctl-Alt-Del

Pretty talented cat! :thumbs up :cat:

jiorji
August 25th, 2007, 10:35 PM
I don't know how he did it , but 2 days ago, I was typing something and he walk right on some keys and shut the computer off :yell:

hahaha that's funny. Twiggy likes to lay down on the keyboard and after a while i get that prompt buzzing that's telling me to not press all keys at the same time:rolleyes:

JanM
August 25th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Glad to see that things are working out so well! There's a feather - or is that another feather - in your cap!

growler~GateKeeper
August 25th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Yay :highfive: for Paddy, M. Le Chat, Bailey, Sam & Nelly all buddies :cloud9:

rainbow
August 26th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Well since Paddy adjusted so well I think you should make another trip to Badgers house. :D

growler~GateKeeper
August 26th, 2007, 12:19 AM
:lightbulb: :thumbs up good idea Rainbow, Frenchy needs to even out the dogs to cats ratio :D handsome Goose :lovestruck: hint hint

rainbow
August 26th, 2007, 12:26 AM
I was thinking Goose too. :cloud9:

Frenchy
August 26th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Well since Paddy adjusted so well I think you should make another trip to Badgers house. :D

Please send food donation AND vet money to : Casa Frenchy PO Box 5555555 :D

rainbow
August 26th, 2007, 02:32 PM
But one more kitty won't eat much and you really do need to correct the dog to cat ratio in your house. According to the Chinese you need to have your Yin and Yang balalnced. :D

Frenchy
August 26th, 2007, 08:37 PM
According to the Chinese you need to have your Yin and Yang balalnced. :D

I already have 5 bamboos "plant" (I think 5 is for happiness , I had 8 , for money, but 3 of them died :sad: ) and Paddington knocked the vase twice already :laughing:

otter
August 27th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Congrats Frenchy!! (and Paddington):thumbs up

Good for all you doggies (Nelly, Bailey, Sam, and any other additions i'm missing) and Monsieur le Chat for welcoming (?) a new addition. Well, if not Welcoming, at least not eating, a new addition.:D