Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ebay'ers

Luba
May 15th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Has anyone set up an EBay account for selling things on line?

If so, how did it go for you and would you recommend it?

mona_b
May 15th, 2004, 06:52 PM
I haven't..

My best friends hubby has a account...He has sold MANY things on it...And has made some pretty darn good money to boot.People will buy anything...

Brad has an account and has bought almost all of his Gumby and Beatles things.Yes,I said Gumby.... :D

I have thought about selling him on ebay,but I know I wouldn't get much for him........ :D :p

You thinking of setting up an account?????

Luba
May 15th, 2004, 07:43 PM
I am thinking of selling when I get a certain portion of my business established yes Mona. I just wasn't sure how complicated it was vs how productive it actually is?

Lucky Rescue
May 15th, 2004, 08:04 PM
It's not complicated, and people will buy ANYTHING! :eek:

Luba
May 15th, 2004, 08:14 PM
I was looking into the service they provide and this paypal thing. Not a bad idear. Just have to figure out shipping and tax costs but they have calculators on shipping sites for that!

So good experience all around then?

Karin
May 15th, 2004, 08:27 PM
My brother has had an account with EBay for a long time. He sells mostly avionics and electronic equipment and has "Paypal" .

He swears by it. (If my brother ever swore! He does not.) So much for my boring brother, (loves him dearly)
EBay works ..
Use caution...EBAy has a good grip on wrong doings and there are some. Biddings can get hot so be ready to jump in. There are services to help with bids also.
I have to stay away from there myself. This is a good thing for me. You can buy anything there!

woodbyter
May 15th, 2004, 08:35 PM
I have been on EBAY for 3 years and bought hundreds of items. I am a collector and I love to go looking to see what people have to sell that I can't live without. It is like an electronic yard sale and open almost 24/7.
Personally I have not gotten into selling yet. I'd like to say it is just because I prefer to spend money rather than collect it. Actually I love to collect and hate to part with my treasures. LOL
I have many friends who do sell and many of them do not use paypal. Some of them have had real nightmare problems with it.
I will not buy from anyone who will only accept paypal.
It is really addictive to roam the world looking thru other people's yard sales.
Good luck LUBA

Bill & Bob
May 15th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Yeah, as with most things on the internet you have to be somewhat careful. Don't forget, there is Ebay .com and .ca for us Canadian folk. Actually I think there are versions of ebay for just about everywhere.
One thought you might consider is doing a google search and finding some message boards about ebay. Find out what others with your business interests are saying. I'm sure you thought of that.
Myself, I don't buy anything off the internet. A wee bit paranoid about that stuff just yet.

Luba
May 15th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Thx guys :D

I have bought from ebay before, at Christmas a couple of gifts...it was a good experience.

The message board idear is a good one I actually hadn't thought of that..I just figured all you intelli's would know ;)

Goldenmom
May 15th, 2004, 09:14 PM
I sell on Ebay regularly for my business. PM me if you need any specific questions answered.

Heather

cmt489
May 15th, 2004, 10:39 PM
When I bought my only item on ebay - something for Oliver of course - the seller told me that there are a lot of people out there that will bid and win but not pay so she has a policy for people without feedback or with negative feedback to contact her first. Luba, you may want to consider this. She said there are a lot of people out there screwing things up.

Michelle

Luba
May 16th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Wow tx for the heats up Michelle :D

Goldenmom you do? Right on man (haha...80's slang)
Thanks for the offer, you're a sweetie pie!