Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Amazon sells magazines that promote animal fighting

ancientgirl
August 13th, 2007, 02:20 PM
I don't think I've seen this hear, but I thought I'd post this so some of you who are interested in signing this petition can do so.

With all the stuff I buy on Amazon, I can't believe they sell this kind of garbage! As if they aren't making enough money, why do they feel the need to sell these things?

https://community.hsus.org/campaign/US_2007_amazon_fighting3/indeneb2fitj86j?

SableCollie
August 13th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Yes, I've seen this, they used to say that since cockfighting was legal in 2 US states (New Mexico and Louisiana) they would continue to sell cockfighting magazines...however, it has now been banned in all 50 states (yay!) and they continue to sell them to people in the US even though the magazines are promoting illegal activities....I did send amazon an email saying I would no longer buy anything through their site because I did not wish to support animal cruelty.

I bet if all animal lovers boycotted amazon (and told them why they were boycotting), they would lose a lot of money and stop selling this crap.

ancientgirl
August 13th, 2007, 06:01 PM
I just heard of this. I buy a lot on Amazon, but let me tell you, I'm not going to until I know they've stopped selling these kinds of magazines.