Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

WARNING - EXTREMELY GRAPHIC PICTURE - New slaughter is coming(50000 Dogs were dead)

ming
August 13th, 2007, 08:19 AM
In 2006, China, Yunnan city. Starting from july25 to july 30, 50000 dogs were dead (either stray dog or foster dog) . Why? because of rabies that killed 3 people. So the local government decided to kill all the dog within the city for stopping the hydrophobia to spread(Do you think they were doing in a quite extremely way? Then what things make them to do in that way?no other method?) . Many people watched their own dog being killed and they felt extremely painful. Then what people can get from government? $0.7 CAD. Even though 4000 dogs have already injected vaccine, but they still couldn't escape this frenzy
slaughter.

The olympic game is coming soon, but you know during this period, thousand of dogs will have to suffer a very hard time? the government enacted a cruel rule--all big dog(whose height is higher than 30cm) is considered a "fierce dog", and it is not allow to raise in the area that has high density of population. (It means "no big dog in city"). Then what you think about the destiny of big dogs? Will the government spend money to keep those dogs? Nope!! So, what about small dogs(height below 30cm)? Sure they can be raise in city, but the government restrict people can only bring their dog outside before 7:00am and after 7:00pm. If you are the raiser, how would you feel? yes, they are having the same feeling as you do now.

Those raisers are not able to protect their own dogs. Only thing they can do and are doing now, is just sending letter to WSPA, asking for help...They can't make a gathering, chinese media tries their best to seal all bad new, make sure the foreigner wouldn't know....."Protect our pet is a very easy thing to do....but in some place, this is a hope--a impossible hope"

They need " A world's Attention".
prove: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/5233704.stm

Frenchy
August 13th, 2007, 08:26 AM
From what I've seen , there's not a lot we can do against China. They don't even listen to their own people. :frustrated:

Jim Hall
August 13th, 2007, 08:34 AM
I am not suprised considering what they do do their own people

Appled yes but suprised no I consider the fact that the olympics are being held in China a complete sell out by the oylympic organaisation and a
complete renunciation of the olympic Ideals
China is one of the worst countries left for human and animal rights

mummummum
August 13th, 2007, 08:47 AM
But there are things you can do. Stop buying all products made in China. Write the Consul General of China in your country and tell her/him why you have stopped buying products and copy the relevant person (trade commissioner/ Minister, President/ Prime Minister, local state and provincial representatives).

I alone may not make a difference but many of us can. How many millions of people in the world own animals and ALSO buy products made in China ? It's very clear the governements of Canada and the US are fully prepared to continue their current trade practices with China. We, acting as individuals hitting China in the pocket book, may be the only way to change the abusive treatment of animals and humans in China.

ming
August 13th, 2007, 08:59 AM
But there are things you can do. Stop buying all products made in China. Write the Consul General of China in your country and tell her/him why you have stopped buying products and copy the relevant person (trade commissioner/ Minister, President/ Prime Minister, local state and provincial representatives).

I alone may not make a difference but many of us can. How many millions of people in the world own animals and ALSO buy products made in China ? It's very clear the governements of Canada and the US are fully prepared to continue their current trade practices with China. We, acting as individuals hitting China in the pocket book, may be the only way to change the abusive treatment of animals and humans in China. I know your suggestion is great, as an international student in canada, I just don't know how to make a first step to implement it into reality.

mummummum
August 13th, 2007, 09:10 AM
I think doing what you're doing ~ advising people what is coming and letting them know what they can do (feel free to adopt what I have done) ~ is great. You can help people to make what I have done a reality by creating a draft letter to the Consul General, and including it with your posting along with the Consul Generals's name and email along with the relevant trade commissioner/ minister name/email address for each country in which you post your thread. On this site, most of our members are Canadian and American.

krdahmer
August 13th, 2007, 09:13 AM
I try not to buy items that say Made in China, because in reality they are one of the worst countries in the world for human and animal rights alike. The only thing is that even the items that are not stating made in China, may have all their parts made in China....

The labour and production costs are so low there and companies here are so greedy, it really is hard to combat. Not only are they killing animals and abusing their populace, but they are well on their way to destroying our planet.... and until their real supporters (Our governments and big businesses) take a real stand, I'm affraid not much will change. And seeing as the BIG BIG one the good old US of A is too in hock to them, we won't see that change any time soon. :sad:

All we can do is our best not to support them by refusing to buy things that are obviously made in China on a consumer level (which eventually if done on a grand scale would filter up), and to keep hounding our representatives in government etc to pull their support as well.

And just think if we took back all that production how great it would be for our countries as well, look at all the jobs we could have. We in the west have the luxury of knowing that we can and really should, produce everything we could possibly need to continue our high standards of living. (And we could afford to do it eco-friendly too!) We have the largest amount of fresh water, fertile and productive land and for the most part a willing work force. You would think that would somehow work to our advantage.

But as long as we are wasting money on unwinable battles.... :shrug:

want4rain
August 13th, 2007, 11:35 AM
krdahmer very well said!!

we have made a very big effort here to *not* buy products that are made in china if only because their standard in food, paint and just about any other product is *not* healthy in most cases. how often do you see a recall on childrens toys or clothing because of lead in the paint or fabric? how many other things that people dont test for?? there are far far more chemicals and plastics, materials that are hazardous than just lead!!

China has had to do what China has had to do because of her population but i think they have long since crossed over the line concerning finances, creature rights, the environment and hygiene/health care.

our take on the whole thing is there is quite a bit we build ourselves. a table saw, hand sander, a few power tools like a drill... and let me say we are NOT handy people but Home Depot and the like make those things easier.

we buy from our local farmers market or make sure anything we buy from the store is "grown in the USA" or at least packaged here(or Canada). doesnt take care of everything but most of it. all of our plants are grown here. (as a side note, anyone know of any mutant tomatoes that are ok for people to eat but deter deer and other wild life??? out of 7 freeking plants that were surrounded by fencing.... i got 3 measly cherry toms. i ripped them all up yesterday i was so mad. id like something that would just take the deer out, dress them and stick them in the freezer if you can manage it!!!)

there isnt much we can do ourselves. the problem with China will only be able to work itself out in China. many things we can do will only CHANGE things laterally. China is very opportunistic, rest assured she wont change until her people make her change.

-ashley

krdahmer
August 13th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Can one of our mods please take that pic down in the OP's first post? I know it's factual, and meant to make a point and it does, I just prefer not to have the actual images in my head, as my imagination is bad enough. Photos like that are just upsetting and unnecessary on a pet-friendly and pro-animal rights board such as this one.

want4rain
August 13th, 2007, 12:48 PM
i second that, i know the blood drains from my face every time i even skim across (if thats weak stomached then so be it!! id rather be weak stomached than cold hearted!)

-ashley

Love4himies
August 13th, 2007, 01:04 PM
I third that, I was disgusted by that picture. So sad:sad: .

marko
August 13th, 2007, 01:07 PM
I too am EXTREMELY sensitive to these pics.

But it's an important story...so I'm not sure the pics should be pulled.

I'm editing the threadtitle for the moment.

Thanks,

Marko

krdahmer
August 13th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Thanks Marko, now that I know its there, I have been scrolling past it fast so I dont see it.... A warning is great, that will prepare others, I just kinda felt like :yell:/ :cry: , ya know?

marko
August 13th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Trust me, I know. I hate that stuff. I know it exists but I don't want to see it.
Other people do want to though...so I hope that warning will act as a buffer.

Thx!

Marko

kigndano
August 13th, 2007, 01:57 PM
are you really surprised?

they eat dogs...

JanM
August 13th, 2007, 01:58 PM
I, too, support "don't buy anything made in CHina". Since the pet food contamination, I check everything before I buy it - and if it says China on it - it goes back on the shelf - even if I really, really want the product. I'll keep looking until I find that or a very similar product that is not made in China.

If more of us do this, maybe, just maybe, they will get the point!

krdahmer
August 13th, 2007, 02:27 PM
:highfive:

ming
August 13th, 2007, 08:55 PM
I think I should apologize , due to some of you can't accept that pic, and that I've never thought. To what I can do for helping my fellow citizen, is just to inform people in foreign country a lastest news. I've also issue the news in a chinese discussion website in canada. However, to what our small group of people consider to be a cruel thing, but to them is just a piece of cake. All because we are educated differently.