Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hazel Run Pack Tails--A Quiz.

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Note to growler--do the quiz first before reading the replies...no cheating now...we're going to see how many you get right! :p

I was going to post tails in the August challenge thread, but my connection is too slow to even get into that thread...so I'll post the Pack tails here.

Since they're all here, what do you say we make a game of it. Can you guess which tail goes with which dog?

Pack Members: Sheriff Cole :dog:, King Ember :dog:, Princess~Queen Cass :dog:, Ms Muddy Mossy Messy Macie :dog:, Princess Lil Belle:dog:, Lady (in Waiting) Ridge :dog:, and Esquire Brier :dog:.

As an additional clue, I'll tell you that Ember and Macie are oranges, Cole is a blue, and all the rest are tri-colors. :D

:D

Group One...Tails in the Grass:

Picture 1:

Picture 2:

Picture 3:

Interestingly, the Hazel Run Daddy was stumped by a few of these. :rolleyes: hazel had to take him out back and spread a few tail hairs in the grass before he believed she knew what she was talkin' about! :D

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Picture 4:

Picture 5:

No dog has more than one pic in this part of the quiz, which means two dogs aren't presenting their tails for admiration in this part of the thread. :dog: :dog:

If you're really stumped, later I'll divulge the identities of the two who haven't participated in Tails in the Grass.

(Ha! :p Betcha yer gonna hafta ask fer hints on this one, growler! :D :fingerscr)

Frenchy
August 11th, 2007, 04:47 PM
I don't know who's tail is who , who cares , I'm taking them all anyway :evil:

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 04:48 PM
The second part of the Quiz involves hanging tails. How many can you identify? Again, King Ember and Ms Muddy Mossy Messy Macie are oranges; Sheriff Cole is a blue; Princess~Queen Cass, Princess Lil Belle, Lady (in Waiting) Ridge, and Esquire Brier are all tricolors.

Tail A:

Tail B:

Tail C:

jiorji
August 11th, 2007, 04:50 PM
geez i'm handing in my quiz early....i have no idea:sad:

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 04:50 PM
I don't know who's tail is who , who cares , I'm taking them all anyway :evil:

(You might wanna rethink that--we just moved the fridge and vacuumed up about 3 dogs'-worth of loose, kitchen-greased hair! :yuck: :D)

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Don't give up, jiorji! You can at least guess the oranges, can't you? :fingerscr 50-50 that your guess is right!
:thumbs up

Here are some more:

Tail D:

Tail E:

Tail F:

Frenchy
August 11th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Tail C is Cassie , and if I get this one , I get to adopt her :laughing:

rainbow
August 11th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Tail F is either Ember or Macie. :laughing:

rainbow
August 11th, 2007, 04:59 PM
And, if Tail A is Cole :cloud9: I get him. :D

wdawson
August 11th, 2007, 05:00 PM
after the quiz...i need to verify that the tails match the pics.....so they will need to come here:D

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 05:02 PM
and finally, the last Hanging Tail:

Each dog contributed one picture to the Hanging Tail part of this thread. :thumbs up

And now, can you identify this Tail in Motion?

Finally, as an extra credit bonus question, can you predict how many of these tails growler will correctly identify? :laughing:

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Tail C is Cassie , and if I get this one , I get to adopt her :laughing:

Frenchy gets Cass :thumbs up

jiorji
August 11th, 2007, 05:03 PM
i love tail D:cloud9: and those furry feets

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Tail F is either Ember or Macie. :laughing:

he he Care to guess which?

rainbow
August 11th, 2007, 05:04 PM
Finally, as an extra credit bonus question, can you predict how many of these tails growler will correctly identify? :laughing:

On her first try? :D

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 05:05 PM
And, if Tail A is Cole :cloud9: I get him. :D

WoooHooooooo! :thumbs up We have a winner! :D

rainbow
August 11th, 2007, 05:06 PM
he he Care to guess which?

I say Ember.

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 05:07 PM
after the quiz...i need to verify that the tails match the pics.....so they will need to come here:D

You'll have to catch rainbow and Frenchy on their way home with their prizes. :laughing:

rainbow
August 11th, 2007, 05:07 PM
WoooHooooooo! :thumbs up We have a winner! :D

YABBA DABBA DOO .....I get Cole. :cloud9: :highfive:

rainbow
August 11th, 2007, 05:09 PM
You'll have to catch rainbow and Frenchy on their way home with their prizes. :laughing:

Wayne will have to go a long way to catch me and Cole. :D

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 05:10 PM
On her first try? :D

Yes! dratted reply was too short...now it isn't!

Frenchy
August 11th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Frenchy gets Cass :thumbs up

wooohooo ! http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/6.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/dancing/14.gif

rainbow
August 11th, 2007, 05:11 PM
Glad you edited your first post, Hazel ........now let's hope that Growler is honest. :D

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 05:12 PM
I say Ember.

Another winner! :thumbs up (oooo...hazel shoulda made it harder! You guys are good! :D)

I gotta run off to eat a pizza right now...the Pack is drooling and ready to attack it...

Back in a bit!

rainbow
August 11th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Another winner! :thumbs up (oooo...hazel shoulda made it harder! You guys are good! :D)

That makes the last hanging tail Macie. :D

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 05:26 PM
i love tail D:cloud9: and those furry feets

yes, they are definitely furry! :D

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 05:28 PM
That makes the last hanging tail Macie. :D

Yes...yes it does! :thumbs up :D

So that's Ember and Macie for rainbow...Cass for Frenchy... :highfive:

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Does no one want to venture a guess on the Tails in the Grass? :eek:

rainbow
August 11th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Yes...yes it does! :thumbs up :D

So that's Ember and Macie for rainbow...Cass for Frenchy... :highfive:

Nice try Hazel.....I get Cole :cloud9: too !!! :D

rainbow
August 11th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Does no one want to venture a guess on the Tails in the Grass? :eek:

Picture 5 is Cole. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 05:39 PM
Nice try Hazel.....I get Cole :cloud9: too !!! :D

Oh,yeah....hazel is a bit senile :sorry: :o

:eek: Your RV is gonna be really crowded, rainbow! :p

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Picture 5 is Cole. :cloud9:

:p To paraphrase a good pal of mine "Nice try rainbow!"...but no! :laughing: sorry...couldn't resist. :o And seriously, Picture 5 is not Cole. :D

Winston
August 11th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Oh Hazelrunpack I handed mine in with just my name on it..just like I did in High School!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cindy

rainbow
August 11th, 2007, 05:44 PM
:p To paraphrase a good pal of mine "Nice try rainbow!"...but no! :laughing: sorry...couldn't resist. :o And seriously, Picture 5 is not Cole. :D

OH NO.....I hope that doesn't mean I have to give him back. :eek:

Frenchy
August 11th, 2007, 05:46 PM
tail F is Brier ....

Hunter's_owner
August 11th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Wow this is a toughie Hazel:eek:

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Wow this is a toughie Hazel:eek:

Can't be so tough--I've already lost 4 dogs! :sad:

:p

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 06:00 PM
tail F is Brier ....

Tail F? Nope...rainbow guessed F correctly. :D

Frenchy
August 11th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Tail F? Nope...rainbow guessed F correctly. :D

Well Rainbow is guessing all over the place , it's not fair (insert baby crying here) :laughing:

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Oh Hazelrunpack I handed mine in with just my name on it..just like I did in High School!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cindy

hazel, madame hazel and I are always gettin' our names mixed up! :o so if you put the right name on it, you'll get bonus points! :thumbs up

:laughing:

How about venturing a guess on how many correct id's growler will make? Out of all the pictures I've posted since she joined the board, I think she's only misidentified one! :eek: she's got a better record than hubby! :o

rainbow
August 11th, 2007, 06:22 PM
:laughing:

How about venturing a guess on how many correct id's growler will make? Out of all the pictures I've posted since she joined the board, I think she's only misidentified one! :eek: she's got a better record than hubby! :o

Well, If I got three right then I'm sure she'll get them all. :D

rainbow
August 11th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Well Rainbow is guessing all over the place , it's not fair (insert baby crying here) :laughing:

Rainbow only guessed the easy ones and then she blew it. :laughing:

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Rainbow only guessed the easy ones and then she blew it. :laughing:

Actually, Cole's tail stumped hubby, so that wasn't so easy! :thumbs up

Frenchy
August 11th, 2007, 06:39 PM
I here by disqualify Growler , just because she isn't here :D

She is not getting any of the setters :evil:

rainbow
August 11th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Actually, Cole's tail stumped hubby, so that wasn't so easy! :thumbs up

:laughing: I don't feel so bad then. :D

rainbow
August 11th, 2007, 06:44 PM
BZZZZZT.....TIME'S UP !!!

It's been over an hour and Hazel hasn't replied to post #35 so that means I still get to keep Cole :cloud9: ....WHEW :D

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Oh, I forgot, rainbow... :o a wrong answer does not negate a right answer :D So you were safe either way. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 06:51 PM
I here by disqualify Growler , just because she isn't here :D

She is not getting any of the setters :evil:

She had to work today...and if all the setters are gone by the time she gets here...well... :shrug:

:p

rainbow
August 11th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Oh, I forgot, rainbow... :o a wrong answer does not negate a right answer :D So you were safe either way. :thumbs up

WOO HOO :highfive: I didn't think you'd give up that easy. :D

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 07:02 PM
You'll still have to run the gauntlet at the gate. The Setters will be watching for you and you have to survive the chapping they're gonna give you before you can even start to think about collecting your prize(s)! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
August 11th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Okay here's my answers (there was no peeking @ the other responses!)

group 1 pic 1 Lady Ridge
pic 2 Brier
pic 3 Cole
pic 4 Macie
pic 5 Lil Belle

Hanging Tails
pic A Cole
pic B Brier
pic C Cass
pic D Lady Ridge
pic E Lil Belle
pic F Ember
pic G last hanging tail Macie
tail in motion macie

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 10:20 PM
:o I know that you got the tail in motion correct...but I can't check on the rest until I get a better connection. I can't load the first page at all right now! :yell:

I'm hoping it will get easier later--it's raining right now and sometimes that affects our phone lines (they're made of brown sugar, I guess and melt through when they get wet :rolleyes:). If I'm up late, I'll try again. :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Oh, wait...I can check the answers from the photo file I made when I posted the challenge... :o hazel can be rather slow :p

Okay...here's the tally:

you got Pictures 3, 4, and 5 correct! :thumbs up

Also Tails A, B, C, F, and G...and, of course, the tail in motion.

So, that's 9 of 13! :highfive: WoooHooo! That's pretty good! he he :evil: and hazel stumped her on four!!!!

Feelin' lucky? :laughing: Wanna guess again on 1, 2, D, and E? Hmmmmmm?

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 10:32 PM
:eek: Lights are flickering--gotta go! Later, maybe! :D

growler~GateKeeper
August 11th, 2007, 11:07 PM
:p At Least I Answered All The Questions :p :laughing:

Okay Take 2
Pic 1 Cass
pic 2 Lady Ridge

Since these were the only 2 wrong & every dog tail is in 1 pic then I just mixed up Lil Belle & Lady Ridge - funny how many of their tails & behinds are a bit lighter than the rest of their bodies:

Pic D Lil Belle
Pic E Lady Ridge (I was sure this was Lil Belle cuz she's lighter than Lady Ridge)

hazelrunpack
August 12th, 2007, 01:30 PM

Okay Take 2
Pic 1 Cass nope
pic 2 Lady Ridge nope
he he he I love stumpin' the growlster! :D

Since these were the only 2 wrong & every dog tail is in 1 pic then I just mixed up Lil Belle & Lady Ridge - funny how many of their tails & behinds are a bit lighter than the rest of their bodies:

Pic D Lil Belle
Pic E Lady Ridge (I was sure this was Lil Belle cuz she's lighter than Lady Ridge)

Ya got D and E right, though :thumbs up

You really are good at this, growler. I gotta think up a harder test next time...maybe ears? :lightbulb: NO!!!!! teeth!!! :thumbs up muwaaahhhhahaha :evil:

hazelrunpack
August 12th, 2007, 01:32 PM

You'll notice no one ventured a guess as to how many you'd get right! :D

growler~GateKeeper
August 12th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Take three :o

Pic 1 must be Brier then - who knew the young'uns tail was feathering out so well
Pic 2 must be Cass - I thought she'd have a bit more bushy feathering than Brier

That means the only 2 not in this part are Lady Ridge & Ember :D

hazelrunpack
August 12th, 2007, 02:30 PM
Take three :o

Pic 1 must be Brier then - who knew the young'uns tail was feathering out so well
Pic 2 must be Cass - I thought she'd have a bit more bushy feathering than Brier

yes!!!! :highfive:

That means the only 2 not in this part are Lady Ridge & Ember :D

Yes...sort of...:o See, that fourth Tail in the Grass...? hubby and I have been having a disagreement about it. One of us thinks it's Ember's tail and the other thinks it's Macie's... hubby thinks the hair is long enough to be Ember's. I think it's Macie's...so much orange in it :shrug: Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :D And you were the independent verification of my version! :thumbs up :D

Don't worry...he'll be talkin' to me again soon, I'm sure! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
August 12th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Yes...sort of...:o See, that fourth Tail in the Grass...? hubby and I have been having a disagreement about it. One of us thinks it's Ember's tail and the other thinks it's Macie's... hubby thinks the hair is long enough to be Ember's. I think it's Macie's...so much orange in it :shrug: Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :D And you were the independent verification of my version! :thumbs up :D

Don't worry...he'll be talkin' to me again soon, I'm sure! :laughing:

:laughing: you need to show Hazelrun Daddy this pic:
The from the back pic

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=42748&page=2

chico2
August 12th, 2007, 04:36 PM
OMG girls,I could never guess who's beautiful tail belong to what beautiful dog,I'll just take them all(in my next life:laughing: )

hazelrunpack
August 12th, 2007, 09:48 PM
:laughing: you need to show Hazelrun Daddy this pic:
The from the back pic

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=42748&page=2

Sigh...believe it or not I can't download one pic in that thread! :frustrated: I can see the connection isn't gettin' any better today! :yell: So I'll have to pull out the actual print and look at it. I think I remember which one it is! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
August 12th, 2007, 09:49 PM
OMG girls,I could never guess who's beautiful tail belong to what beautiful dog,I'll just take them all(in my next life:laughing: )

Thanks, chico. :o You've got them all blushing now. :D

growler~GateKeeper
August 12th, 2007, 09:58 PM
This is the one Hazel :D :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
August 12th, 2007, 10:09 PM
This is the one Hazel :D :cloud9:

Oh, ya! :thumbs up Definitely a Macie tail! Yet another verification that hazel and growler know tails better than hubby does! :laughing:

Thanks for the copy of the pic, growler! :D Now I gotta go drag hubby outta bed and make him admit he was mistaken! :evil:

he he hazel is too much of an :angel: to do such a nasty thing to the Hazel Run Daddy...but madame hazel...well, that's another story! She's always had sort of a feisty streak, that one has! :evil:

:o

growler~GateKeeper
August 12th, 2007, 10:12 PM
As long as he's not upset @ me for verifying it & then should I ever be out that way (not likely but I can dream) I would still be allowed for pack visits :laughing:

hazelrunpack
August 12th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Aw, heck, don't worry about it! Just growl at him on your way through the gate! He'll let you in! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
August 12th, 2007, 10:21 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: