Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Harley's back in ICU

BusterBoo
August 11th, 2007, 07:30 AM
Last night after all was done for my Mom's funeral, we got home and there was a call from the ICU at the Vet Hospital.

They had weaned Harley off the tramadol, his last dose was at 5:00 am yesterday morning. Well, around 7:00 pm last night Harley started having more seizures, small ones, but several. While we know he is blind in his right eye, they now believe there is a problem occuring on the left side, twitching etc. He is not responding to neurological stimilus which they believe means brain damage.

I have to make a decision today as to what I will do. I could have a CT scan done which will only confirm that there is a brain problem or they can send Harley home with valium and I would have to administer it every time he has a seizure or........

My Mom's burial is at 10:30 this morning and Steph goes home at 4:00, so by tonight I should have more news on what I am going to do with my Dude.....

:pray:

breeze
August 11th, 2007, 07:45 AM
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

chico2
August 11th, 2007, 08:02 AM
I don't know what to say,to try to ease your pain and worry:pray: there are better days ahead and that little Harley will pull through:grouphug:

papillonmama
August 11th, 2007, 08:15 AM
I haven't had a chance to write a response, but I have been thinking about you and Harley.

I'm very sorry about your mother, and now you are being put into a tough position with Harley. I hope that all works out for Harley. I really am praying for you all.

Lukka'sma
August 11th, 2007, 08:18 AM
What a tough decision to have to make. It must be a very trying time for you. So sorry that all this has come at once

Frenchy
August 11th, 2007, 09:29 AM
I'm so sorry you have to go thru this now. :sad: :grouphug:

crazydays
August 11th, 2007, 09:50 AM
I am so sorry for everything you are going through. Take care:grouphug:

budboybudboy77
August 11th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Sorry to hear it hope all goes well soon:grouphug:

JanM
August 11th, 2007, 01:40 PM
This is such a difficult time for you - my prayers are with you and your family and especially Harley!:grouphug:

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2007, 02:44 PM
:grouphug: Hang in there, HarleyBuster. You're in my thoughts and prayers during these hard days. :grouphug:

shredy
August 11th, 2007, 02:57 PM
I am so sorry about your mom and about your dude :grouphug: I have been reading about everything you are going through and my heart goes out to you. I am losing my girl to a spinal tumor right now and we have made that hard decision that I have always dreaded. I know how hard it is to watch them suffer. I hope with all my heart that things turn out better for you and your family:fingerscr :fingerscr. You obviously love him very much and are doing everything you possibly can. Hang in there.

rainbow
August 11th, 2007, 03:19 PM
I am very sorry for everything you are having to go through right now. :grouphug: :grouphug: I hope Harley pulls through. :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Shaykeija
August 11th, 2007, 10:39 PM
:sorry: that you are going through this. :grouphug: